Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was DrunkN's block with splayed caps? It sounds like they think the problem is with the blocks with non splyed caps?

Old 12-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H
Was DrunkN's block with splayed caps? It sounds like they think the problem is with the blocks with non splayed caps?
His block is standard main caps (not splayed). As of this writing, he has yet to see a recall letter in his mailbox.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:40 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
Has anyone besides Jim Taylor received a "recall letter"? Time to 'fess up.
Why? People are entitled to keep their business dealings private, if they so choose. Brian, you found the name of KRE's attorney on those public documents, why don't people who are waiting for letters just phone their office? After all, Christmas is the busiest time of year for the US Postal Service. OMT has frequently recieved his HPP or PE mags days earlier than we have, even though we live much closer to the publisher.

On the other hand, if I were in KRE's shoes, I might not do a mass mailing....

It's an open secret that I'm not a very nice person when my family or friends are threatened.

For instance, it has taken me two years and ten months to get to an administrative law judge hearing in my disability case, and they found fully in my favor. I will be getting 3 years worth of back pay from Social Security in one lump sum. I have to turn it all over to UNUM, who paid me during that time. But UNUM screwed me more than once with their "payment cycles" and my family suffered as a result.

So I think I will put them on a "payment cycle" of my own. My financial planner and I decided $52,200 parked in a safe, fairly high-yield account for 30 days ought to make me a nice little chunk of change, as well as the satisfaction of making them wait. We'll cut the electronic transfer on Day 31. Hopefully, I can make sure there is a legal holiday on Monday, Day 30 and force them to wait until Day 34 - just like they make all of their disabled workers wait. UNUM constantly runs this game on hundreds of thousands of insured people, involving millions of dollars. Seems like the least I could do.

Quid pro quo. Works for me. Probably works for a lot of people here.

I will give what I got.

Almost forgot. In UNUM's world, it takes 48 hours for funds to transfer. That way, they hit more weekends and holidays, increasing the overall number of delays and the amount of interest accrued. I'll do mine same day, generous soul that I am.

Let go of pain, give faith the reins; and let that pony run.

Last edited by herdswoman; 12-29-2006 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Amy...give it a rest will ya? Nobody is threatening anybody from my end. I just asked a simple question, ok? I didn't ask for a "mother hen" lecture.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought KRE's b!tch with Drunkin Injuns block was that he had a lot of machining done to it and they couldn't resell it.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION

HEY BRIAN Y DO'NT U GIVE IT A REST.(HERE I GO!!!! ) WHEN I FIRST STARTED READING THESE POSTS I FIRST I GOT A HUGE HEAD ACHE.THE 2nd THING I NOTICED YOUR NAME COMING UP ALL THE TIME.MY SON WON THIS YEARS KAUFFMANS Q16,AFTER THE RACE MY SON NOTICED THAT KRE HAD $200.00 CONTINGENCY ON THEIR HIGH PORTS HEADS,(I HAVE THEIR E HEADS)WHEN I ASKED JEFF ABOUT IT HE SAID HE WOULD GIVE ME THE CONTINGENCY MONEY(HOPE I DO'NT GET U IN TROUBLE JEFF).I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH JEFF & MARK FOR YEARS & THEY HAVE BEEN MORE MORE THAN HELPFUL.JUST LIKE MOST OF THE ENGINE BUILDERS & PARTS SUPPLIERS ON THIS SITE.I WILL STAND BEHIND THE KAUFFMANS & KNOW THAT IN THE END THEY WILL MAKE THIS PROBLEM RIGHT. BRIAN I THINK THAT U & SOME OTHER GUYS MIGHT HAVE 2 EAT CROW WHEN THIS IS ALL OVER.I DO KNOW WHAT U GUYS R GOING THROUGH,A MACHINE SHOP IN TORONTO & I R STILL FIGHTING OVER 4 TIMES THE AMOUNT OF MONEY OF A MR1 BLOCK SINCE /03.AND AND BRIAN & U OTHER GUYS R U GUYS PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS, THAT IS REALLY COWARDLY!!! I REALLY DO'NT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST U GUYS BUT PLEASE GIVE IT A REST.I GUESS I CAN STOP READING THESE POSTS.TIME WILL TELL.MY CENT AND 1 HALF.THANKS MAURICE.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maurice...if reading my posts gives you a headache...here's a clue:

Don't read my posts.

How many of you (including you, Maurice) think this deal with the bad MR1 blocks would have been straightened out to the customer's satisfaction were it not for these public posts? The customer that started these posts (drunk'n Injun) still, to this date has not been made whole. Skip and Steve benefitted from the threat of legal action to be made whole, prior to which their pleas to be made whole fell on deaf ears. And what of Jim Taylor's "recall letter"? He's the ONLY customer that has not experienced any problems with his MR1 block whatsoever. He simply tore it down for a thorough inspection, which he hadn't completed by the time he received his letter. He's the only one to publicly admit receiving a letter. Given he had no complaints, doesn't that strike you as odd, when others that have complained have not received a letter? If all straight main cap blocks are being recalled, wouldn't every customer that purchased one receive a letter (with the exception of those that have already worked out a deal with KRE)?

Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Senior Chief

I for one think it will all work out and I think it would have without all of the BS that has been posted by Bryan and others. I just don't understand why some people have to jump on something that they know very little about and become athorities on the subject. I am with Mary Ann and Maurice on this deal. Bryan, leave it alone!

Old 12-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
How many of you (including you, Maurice) think this deal with the bad MR1 blocks would have been straightened out to the customer's satisfaction were it not for these public posts?
I do.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I personally think it made a bigger problem going about it the way this post did.

With all the uproar, KRE probably had to watch their step, instead of just correcting the problem to begin with.
Now with all the threats, they may have to make sure they do everything 'proper'.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 12-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Senior Chief

John, I think you are correct!

Old 12-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Senior Chief

SORRY BRIAN,IAM NOT HERE 2 HAVE A PISSING CONTEST WITH U,(BUT I AM THE ITALIAN STALLION)JUST SOME HUMOR BRIAN CHILL.ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT I HONESTLY BELIEVE THE KAUFFMANS WILL DO RIGHT. NOW I THINK IF SCOTT ,JACK, SAM, GEORGE,OR HOW EVER APPROACHES THE KAUFFMANS OR ANY ENGINE BUILDER,OR PARTS SUPPLIER,IN A VERY HOSTEL WAY THEY MIGHT NOT GET THE RESPONCE THEY R LOOKING 4.NOT 2 SAY THEY DID IT THAT WAY.EVEN WITH MY PROBLEMS WITH THE MACHINE SHOP I STILL TALK 2 THEM EVER BLUE MOON. NO 1 IS PERFECT (I AM CLOSE). IF THEY STARTED SENDING OUT LETTERS,DO'NT U THINK THEY WOULD SEND THEM OUT 2 EVERONE IN TIME. MAY B SOME MIGHT GET THERE BY HORSE & CARRIAGE.DOES NOT MAKE SENSE NOT 2 SEND THEM OUT 2 EVERONE WHO BOUHGHT THE BLOCK DIRECTLY FROM THEM IN TIME.AND BRIAN I CAN'T HELP NOT READING YOUR POSTS U HAVE SO MANY & I DO ENJOY READING THEM.I ALSO THINK IF U DO'NT HAVE A MR1 BLOCK YOURSELF U SHOULD NOT B ADDING GAS 2 THE FIRE UNLESS U HAVE A BEEF WITH THE KAUFFMANS PERSONALITY.THEN LET US KNOW WHAT IT IS.THANKS MAURICE (LUCKY I AM NOT AT HOME VERY MUCH DURNING THE DAY OR I WOULD GET MORE HEAD ACHES,& I AM 2 TIRED AT NIGHT 2 POST REPLIES.)

Old 12-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Senior Chief

THANKS JOHN,J.BRADY,MZBK21,MARY ANN. AND ESPECIALLY THANK U KRE,BUTLERS,DUDE.JOHN WALLACE & ALL THE OTHER PONTIAC ENGINE BUILDERS,PARTS SUPPLIERS,PONTIAC SUPPORTS WHO HELPED ALL OF US PONTIAC RACERS KICK ALL THE CHEVS; FORDS;MOPARS ASSES.WOW WE HAVE SOME VERY FAST CARS & ALOT OF REALLY GOOD PEOPLE HERE.I AM INCLUDING U 2 BRIAN.I HOPE THAT IN /07 AT NORWALK EVERYONE COMES 2 MY TRAILER 2 SAY HELLO,HAVE A POP & LETS RACE & SHOW OUR CARS ALL IN FUN & HEALTH.ESPECIALLY THE FAMILY THAT GAVE ME, MY SON,& MY FRIEND THE BEERS AT THE END OF THE TRACK AFTER MY SONS Q16 WIN.PLEASE GET A HOLD OF ME.THANKS MAURICE

Old 12-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This is just like the Ray Cox thread. People sticking their noses where they don't belong. Too much pooh and not enough facts.

IMO, this forum should be used only by those individuals that have a legitimate complaint based on a business dealing. And that complaint or experience should be stated factually or deleted.

All the other pooh should be left to the chat room or PM's.

Old 12-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Senior Chief

Stallion you will get a headache from yelling so much { caps }. LOL.............

Old 12-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Senior Chief

FASTGTO R U REFERING 2 THE YELLING I DID WHEN MY SON WON THE Q16.THAT WAS A GOOOOOOOOD HEADACHE!!!(I AM STILL YELLING)THERE IS ALOT OF UNDERLINING STUFF 2 THAT WIN.IF NOT TELL ME WHAT IT WAS BECAUSE I THINK IT WENT OVER MY HEAD.THANKS MAURICE.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Senior Chief

I`m only kidding you, I was refering to the caps. I think when you type in caps it means your yelling. Yelling at your son for the quick 16 would be a good headache. LOL...........

Old 12-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Senior Chief

fastgto thanks 4 the info.the stuff i learn from this site. better!!!!!thanks maurice.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:53 PM
Senior Chief

Giving it a rest was what I wanted months ago, Brian. Still is.

All I'm saying is if anyone really wants to know where they stand on this issue, it's as easy as picking up the phone. You made the information public yourself. It should be used for all purposes, not just the "KILL KAUFFMAN" Agenda. (On the other hand, a woman will stop and ask for directions...instead of driving about aimlessly)

BTW: OMT does get his magazines 3-4 days before we get ours - I didn't make that up. Three weeks ago it took our marvelous post office from Thurs. night to Wed. afternoon to send a deposit check 70 miles, from Toledo to Clinton Twp. MI. I'm sure I could have sent OMT something a lot sooner. Go figure.

But I mention quid pro quo and make one counter-clockwise stir of the pot and you tell me to give it a rest. You should know me better than that, Brian. There's nothing like being told not to, to make me want to do something even more, lol. I'm not that easily intimidated. This subject has gone on for tens of thousands of hits, and dozens and dozens of pages over two separate threads. Enough is enough.

I'll stand where I need to stand, I don't care if it's popular, I'll say what I mean and mean what I say. I prefer to work quietly behind the scenes, but this has gone on more than long enough and further than it ever should.

This isn't the 1700's, this isn't the public square, there won't be any hangings or floggings today. Or tomorrow, or the day after that, or the day after that, or the day after that. This isn't a private bully pulpit for anyone.

On the previous page, drunk'n Injun posted:
This all seems interesting! I have yet to hear anything from the Kauffmans. Must be selective on their replacement of the DANGEROUS BLOCKS they sold. If thats the case, I believe it could get interesting, don't you think

Lots of innuendo here, very typical of what has been going on for months in this thread. But it brings up one of my favorite topics, that of thoughts and beliefs. I am so glad for an opportunity to share, it's really more than I can resist:

I believe it's been interesting, as peering over the edge of hell is interesting.

I believe "what goes around, comes around". If a person spews enough venom and viciousness into the world, not only will they be on the receiving end of it when it "comes around", but they run the risk of putting their very souls in jeopardy. If they fail to catch on and correct their behavior, the people who they hold dear, such as their children, will pay for their sins. Karma balances itself.

With that in mind...

I think there was originally an issue that needed to be discussed and brought to the attention of the Pontiac community. I believe that the Pontiac community contains some very good people, with diverse talents and excellent minds, who, working together as a coopertive whole, could acheive almost anything. I sincerely believe that.

I believe that people who let private agendas and egos get involved damaged the process far more than it helped. The "cooperative whole" never emerged, and the whole thing fell into a stinking, putrid ditch before it even had a chance to get on track.

I firmly believe there comes a time when the battle is won, and the victor who is gracious in his victory is remembered well. He is a better man, a bigger man, who ends suffering for the good of all the people and for the healing of the community in which it took place.

The victor who continues to punish is far less of a man than the one who heals, for he is interested in the good of no one. He gets his pleasure at the expense of others.

It's all in the lawyer's hands inevitable hands, has been for some time.

If letters have gone out, then the victory is won.

Attorney-client privilege and their phone number is just a google away.
Deal with it.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maurice, John, J Brady, and everyone...I bear no ill will towards anyone on this board or in the Pontiac community (not even that douche bag G'ach). I just ask questions and call things like I see them, without sugar coating anything. I often get accused of beating a dead horse, but if doing so keeps someone else from getting f@$ked out of hard earned dollars, or keeps someone from getting physically hurt (or worse, killed), then so be it...I'll beat that horse into a pulpy mush until you people get it...and some of you never will.

Fact: Two MR1 customers (who happened to be PY board members) had improperly machined rear main seal areas in the block and cap. No over the counter seal would fit. KRE's resolution to their complaints? Hash it out with your machinist, and shim the seal. Through the efforts of another PY board member who happens to be a lawyer, a solution was finally reached that was agreeable to both customers. Never would have happened if not for the postings on this board bringing the problems to the attention of the Pontiac community.

Fact: Another board member and hard core racer was having problems with his MR1 block sealing head gaskets. His postings were looking for a resolution on his tune-up, thinking there was something he was missing. After learning of another racer with an MR1 block driving over his crankshaft and wrecking his car, and several other MR1 block owners coming up with soft Brinell test readings on their blocks, and with some pleading from other board members, he finally decided to tear his engine down for inspection before making another pass at the dragstrip. He found that the #2 and #4 main bulkheads were cracked from the cam bearing tunnel down to the outer bolts of the main caps. One more pass and he too could have likely been driving over his crankshaft. Never mind tearing up expensive equipment...HE COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED !!! Upon these findings, he tore his fathers MR1 engine down as well and found the same thing...cracked main bulkheads. NEVER WOULD HAVE MADE THESE DISCOVERIES IF NOT FOR THE POSTINGS ON THIS BOARD BRINGING THESE PROBLEMS WITH THE MR1 BLOCK TO THE ATTENTION OF THE PONTIAC COMMUNITY.

AND WHO DO YOU PEOPLE WANT TO THANK? YOU WANT TO THANK EVERYONE THAT IS SAYING THIS INFORMATION SHOULD BE KEPT PRIVATE AND NOT DISSEMINATED IN A PUBLIC FORUM. YOU WANT TO THANK KRE FOR POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. UNBELIEVABLE!!!:rolleyes:

If anything, thanks should be given to Chris Cassperson for providing the Pontiac community a public forum to vent such problems, and to share such information. Thanks should also be given to Scott Roberts (drunk'n Injun) for being the catalyst that everyone with a defective MR1 block needed to get their grievances heard. Jeff Kauffman should especially be thanking Scott and Chris...if not for this board, and Scott getting the ball rolling on these defective blocks, Brad Spidel could be dead, and with KRE not being a LLC at the time Brad purchased his block, Jeff's livlihood and personal assets could have been wiped out in the event of someone dying as a result of one of his MR1 blocks "sh!tting the bed".

Now if anyone needs some Excedrin after reading this, PM me with your address and I'll mail you a bottle.;)