Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks tom for clearing that up for me (427/429)

Old 09-09-2005, 11:00 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE
Lets be realistic.....................Hemi heads would be cool but there is not enough of a market out there for them. Only cars with Blower's, turbo's and NOS could use them succesfully. Me, I'm still waiting for the high port RAV heads!!
I disagree- if someone started making a Hemi head with matching intake and headers and cams, and it showed a power improvement, they would sell like hotcakes. Priced competitively, of course.

Even an M/T Hemi repro top end would sell, just for the cool factor.

Mighty crap neater looking than aluminum D-ports....

Old 09-09-2005, 11:08 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
Roughly 36 hours have passed...still no current title/registration with YOUR name on it...tsk tsk.

I'll glady oblige you with M/T hardware to worship.

http://www.pontiacheaven.org/images/jpgs/wpe6.jpg

http://www.pontiacheaven.org/images/jpgs/wpe7.jpg

http://www.pontiacheaven.org/images/jpgs/wpe9.jpg

http://www.pontiacheaven.org/images/...ac_in_boat.jpg

Now just imagine that mill with a nice big single plane intake, and one big fat 1150 Dominator on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mthemi.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	26723  

Old 09-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How would you competitively price them, given there are no other Pontiac heads out there comparable to them? If you price them with E-heads or KRE d-ports, you're still saddled with the extra cost for lifters and/or pushrods, rocker arms, and headers. If you price them with Super Chiefs or Tigers, then you're dealing with only a select few in the Pontiac community (as compared to garden variety E-heads) that will purchase them, and they'd better be on par in performance, otherwise, they won't sell. Frankly, I don't see anyone buying these heads in large numbers, so they won't be cheap.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Steve does have a lovely collection of neat old race parts, doesn't he? I'll bet that boat was a blast in its day.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:33 PM
On Vacation

the heads also look a bit more upscale than D-ports as well...

Old 09-09-2005, 11:36 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
How would you competitively price them, given there are no other Pontiac heads out there comparable to them? Frankly, I don't see anyone buying these heads in large numbers, so they won't be cheap.

Why not ? aluminum is sold by the pound. you can mold it into anything you want to. A head with bigger ports and chambers, uses less aluminum to make it.

It very well may be cheaper !

Old 09-10-2005, 12:40 AM
Suspended

Default SOHC

Tom,
Let's not forget the other FORD drag racers that put the SOHC on the map..............Pete (Sneaky Pete) Robinson, (Dyno) Don Nicholson & (Fast) Eddie Schartman. Connie was only one of them and actually he switched to a Mopar before the rest of them did. Of course in 1969-1970 M/T had 2 of the Quickest Funny Cars on the planet, both powered by the SOHC engines!

Old 09-10-2005, 02:50 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
Thanks tom for clearing that up for me (427/429)
Clear as mud! Tom V was telling you about Ford cammers. He apparently missed the fact that you and Dragncar were talking about a Pontiac OHC 427. There "sort of" was a Pontiac 427 OHC in the early 70's (I think '72, but would need to dig out old magazines), but it was never produced and most people agree that not even a prototype was built- that the photos were of a non-metal mockup.

Old 09-10-2005, 07:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldone
the heads also look a bit more upscale than D-ports as well...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
he he, what i was thinking to an extent on the stock and super stockers.

Imagine this scene....... two guy talking about going to spectate at a big drag racing event.......

guy no 1.... hey dude, let's go to the races this weekend, the HEMI cars will be there!

guy no 2.... nah, I heard there will be no d port cars there......... he he

1963 Cat SD Clone (old school) streeter
1964 GTO post coupe, tripower, 4speed (build)
1965 GTO 389 tripower, 4 speed, driver
1966 GTO dragcar
1966 GTO Ragtop
1969 Tempest ET clone street/strip
1969 GTO Judge RA lll, auto
1969 GTO limelight Conv. 4speed go and show (sold)
1970 GP SSJ
1970 GTO barn find..TLB…390 horse?….yeh, 390
1972 GTO 455 HO, 4 speed, (build)
1973 Grand Safari wagon, 700hp stoplight sleeper
525ci DCI & 609ci LM V head builds
Old 09-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldone
Why not ? aluminum is sold by the pound. you can mold it into anything you want to. A head with bigger ports and chambers, uses less aluminum to make it.

It very well may be cheaper !
You wouldn't be making baby spoons with that aluminum. Casting and machining a cylinder head is intricate and costs money. The material used to cast it with may be "cheap", but the process getting it from raw material to finished product is not.

Last edited by Brian Baker; 09-10-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:23 AM
Suspended

Remember?? Original bet. Is the car mine pictured in my avatar. Answer is yes.

I'm waiting for information from Ron or Brian..... actual insurance declarations or registrations that show you either can prove I don't own that VIN# or Lic#. Because I already have. You guys made the claim, so back up your claim. Just go ahead and post it like I did. If your Maryland computers are the same as California DMV computers are, then I would assume you could pull up a history on the VIN and or license plate, print it and see that I've owned that car since 1997. Bought the car from a longtime friend and owner of Autocessories in North Hills. Stan is the owner. Sold it to me from Gary Turnridge that also built that sweet bubble top Pro-Street Impala that was featured in Hot Rod.

Yeah... some dudes going to let me take up someones whole back window and even put my name on the door, my wifes name on the passenger door, AND put John Stevenson racing on the quarter glass. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Wanna see some videos of me driving the car too?? LOL!!! Doing burnouts and racing at LACR?? I've got it all. What do you have?? A Baseless claim. You've provided NOTHING to prove your side of the deal. Just your talk. Thats it. Just talk.

Hey Ron?? If you were ever man enough and wanted to come down to the shop, I'd be more than happy to introduce you to the owner of the Prowler and show you the car too. He owns Coast to Coast computer products here in North Hills. That is if you're looney enough to want to make yourself look like more of an a$$ here. Give him a call, his business is listed. Rick Rusen is his name. Ask him who installed the blower on his car. You've got a $5000 bet with me there. Care to take me up on this one??

You guys are just pissed that I called you out and gave you the smack down. The car pictured in the avatar is mine. I and would LOVE ANYBODY TO COME FORWARD AND GIVE SUBSTANTIATED PROOF THAT IT ISNT. Not just some claims. Something from the California DMV that says I don't own that VIN or lic #. I'll be waiting patiently.

Hundreds of people in the Los Angeles area know this car is mine. Just like many have known my Grand Prix, Firebird, ElCamino, my other 69 SS/RS, my Grand National, Blown Chevy Pickup.... on and on. I think I currently own like 15 cars. If you've ever been to the Bob's cruise nights, local street races, cruisers car wash, Los Angeles County Raceway, Super Chevy, etc, etc you'd know me and one or more of my cars.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread again PY members. But this constant attacking of these individuals has got to stop. They are constantly looking for one thing or another to nit pick with me. Grow up guys.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

John,

Show us a scanned copy of a current title with YOUR name on it.

You were quick to show us scanned copies of two documents that were 5-6 years old, and one of them wasn't even for the white Camaro.

You made the bet, now show the proof. I already told you what your VIN was on that white Camaro before you posted here for everyone else to see. You know where I got that info, and you know it's current. You can't show a current title with your name on it because...the car is not yours.

Next?

Last edited by Brian Baker; 09-10-2005 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Jabba the hut..... er.... I mean Brian.

You made the claim. Back it up. I already have. Please forward copies from the DMV like I have that have the VIN on both the registration I sent in and the insurance I hold on the car with the same VIN. Why can't you?? Because you aren't the owner, I am. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! SHOW ME SOMETHING YOU CAN VERIFY FROM CALIFORNIA DMV!!! I AM WAITING!!!

Call the supposed auto auction that owns the car according to you. Please verify the attack for several weeks you been campaining against me regarding the Camaro.

And someone married you?? UGGHHHHH!!!! LOL!!

Old 09-10-2005, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I suppose that it is to much to ask of you guys to take this off the board? I can begin to tell you how much I (Im sure Im not alone) dont care.

Here are some flow numbers and pics of some CNC Mopar Hemi heads. I thought there were interesting.
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...gonew=1#UNREAD
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...5-DCP_0609.JPG
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...9-DCP_0613.JPG
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...4-DCP_0611.JPG
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...8-DCP_0603.JPG

Closed Thread