Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-30-2017, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Calvin, I helped a member figure out the resale value of CV1 heads.

If the guys with the engine you and Rick screwed up that I had to fix were unhappy with me....why did they have me build them a pump gas engine for the car? They were happy with my work and impressed that the repaired engine ran faster than the previous builders attempts, with the mufflers on. They're also happy with the pump gas engine I built them and just took a bunch of money from a SBC powered Firebird last weekend.

Please explain how you crushed my ego and while your at it show me where I've said anything non-factual about CV1 heads.

You're a two time looser with zero game! Go get some bank and your fastest car and we'll throw down. Also the next time I meet you at a swap meet and you're peddling parts...I'm not going to help you unload your junk.
No problem.

Next time someone comes to me and says, I really want to make my Pontiac go slower, I'll tell them I know a guy and will give him your number.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 09-30-2017, 08:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
No problem.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
Cool does this mean you and Paul are racing at Cordova???

Old 10-01-2017, 03:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thread title is about CVs vs the world showdown. Lets see a race.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Gach got rid of his CV-1s as did Mysticmissle and Rusty had his get, well lets just say "it" had a problem.
Dragncar,
So how many dyno pulls or passes down the track did he make before making that decision?

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 10-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Syron View Post

Here's some food for thought.
I paid 50 cents on the dollar for the CV-1 heads and we made more hp with a Pontiac than you ever have with any Pontiac head.

Tom Syron
Tom I understand you're being a good little Minion and you don't care to address this false statement, are willing to throw some skin in the game? We'd be happy to raise the bet to what ever you guys can scrape together. However, remember it's real money not fifty cents on the dollar.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thread title is about CVs vs the world showdown. Lets see a race.
I can assure you the stalemate isn't with the "world".

Old 10-01-2017, 09:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No problem.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
Cool! If you can get some overtime at your day job we can raise the bet.I know it will be easy money for you guys because you've been involved with so many bad fast cars!
Just let me know.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If we used stones it was a budget job, nothing wrong with that. Billions of valve jobs have been performed with stones. You get what you pay for in this industry.
Back in the "stone age".

Lots of cool pictures on your FB page, just didn't see any real equipment, I'm sure that is just secret "squirrel stuff", wouldn't want people to know what you have.

I did find this picture, do you keep the PAMPERS in your car too?

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pauls_Muscle_Motors.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	464547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pauls_Muscle_Motors_Pampers.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	464548  

Old 10-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Dragncar,
So how many dyno pulls or passes down the track did he make before making that decision?

Stan
First set had a Ford exhaust. Second set never flowed close to the advertised 380cfm. That, and hearing all he did was enough. Uneven filling of the cylinders.
Cracks, intake after intake.
Sold them and bought my heads from Lil Jack. Made 880 on pump gas. More than any pump gas CV-1 engine I know of.
That engine Calvin and Tom are doing will be lucky to be withing 75 HP of mine.

Your circle is the one that got Gach banned from the race section. If you want to hear about his experience why dont you have your guys call up the mods and take off the ban. What are you afraid of, a little misspelling ?

Old 10-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You might be right but i bet on the track that cv1 will give you all you can handle and then some.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
First set had a Ford exhaust. Second set never flowed close to the advertised 380cfm. That, and hearing all he did was enough. Uneven filling of the cylinders.
Cracks, intake after intake.
Sold them and bought my heads from Lil Jack. Made 880 on pump gas. More than any pump gas CV-1 engine I know of.

Your circle is the one that got Gach banned from the race section. If you want to hear about his experience why dont you have your guys call up the mods and take off the ban. What are you afraid of, a little misspelling ?
Never said I was trying to make anymore than that. I'm not looking to build a race motor. If I was it would have a minimum of 16 to 1 compression and run on Q16.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Tom I understand you're being a good little Minion and you don't care to address this false statement, are willing to throw some skin in the game? We'd be happy to raise the bet to what ever you guys can scrape together. However, remember it's real money not fifty cents on the dollar.
Minion? No it's called a 30 year friendship that both share a love of Pontiac performance.

Never made any false statements. That engine was the highest hp Pontiac that has ever been on that dyno as of last summer. Unless you are calling the two guys that told me liars?

I'm building what I want to build. If you want to build something similar with e heads have at it.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
You might be right but i bet on the track that cv1 will give you all you can handle and then some.
Maybe, dont know anything about Toms car. What is weighs, how it hooks up ect.
My heap does not have a cage. But it has a nice rear that can take a ton of power and can hook with 12" wide tires. I cant even give it a good test with my current engine.
People run a lot faster than I do with less rear than me. Just dont want to cut the car up. I will end up with a car that can let the engine stretch its legs. Just might take a bit.
I can extrapolate my 1/4 mile times from my 1/8 mile times.

Old 10-01-2017, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Never said I was trying to make anymore than that. I'm not looking to build a race motor. If I was it would have a minimum of 16 to 1 compression and run on Q16.
Come on, put a cam in that thing and see how much power you can make on pump gas.
What is the CV pump gas record ?

Old 10-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Maybe, dont know anything about Toms car. What is weighs, how it hooks up ect.
My heap does not have a cage. But it has a nice rear that can take a ton of power and can hook with 12" wide tires. I cant even give it a good test with my current engine.
People run a lot faster than I do with less rear than me. Just dont want to cut the car up. I will end up with a car that can let the engine stretch its legs. Just might take a bit.
I can extrapolate my 1/4 mile times from my 1/8 mile times.
Lol so you're just after a dyno number. Surprised you didn't take Bill up on his dyno challenge then. A dyno sheet means nothing without an at slip to support.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Minion? No it's called a 30 year friendship that both share a love of Pontiac performance.
I've been friends with Jimmy for thirty years and I'm not on the Internet making false statements for him.

Quote:
Never made any false statements.
You did, that's the issue. You stated "you made more power than I ever did with Pontiac heads". That's not true! Someone might actually see that and believe it.

Quote:
That engine was the highest hp Pontiac that has ever been on that dyno as of last summer.
This is true. I don't know what it has to do with me? I dyno most of my high end engines at a local shop with a modern DTS dyno that has working EGT's. Troy's dyno does not! I understand you and Calvin don't know what an EGT is but it helps with tuning an engine. I also understand you being amped up about your new engine making more power on a dyno than a Tiger headed engine. This is a perfect example of why we don't race dyno's... that Tiger headed engine ran 7.71 @ 181 mph in a door car.... how fast did your "more powerful" engine go?

Quote:
Unless you are calling the two guys that told me liars?
No, they told you the truth. I believe you and Calvin jumped to conclusions. I'm sure you were all giddy because your engine performed well and Calvin was all horned up because he has never made big power before. That doesn't give you and Calvin the right to go make stuff up. Look how butt hurt C got because I thought he bought your heads.

Quote:
I'm building what I want to build. If you want to build something similar with e heads have at it.
Build anything you'd like that's what it's all about, but don't go on the Internet and make up facts.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Back in the "stone age".

Lots of cool pictures on your FB page, just didn't see any real equipment, I'm sure that is just secret "squirrel stuff", wouldn't want people to know what you have.

I did find this picture, do you keep the PAMPERS in your car too?

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
Ironic Calvin, recently you gave advice on this forum on how to touch up a valve seat using a stone.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my FB page.

Did you break the piggy bank open for our race Saturday?

Old 10-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Lol so you're just after a dyno number. Surprised you didn't take Bill up on his dyno challenge then. A dyno sheet means nothing without an at slip to support.
Come on Brian , dont bring up that stupid dyno challenge. Thought you were better than that. I am supposed to take my engine on my dime halfway across the country where someone else controls situation ? I would have to be a idiot to do that, sorry, not one.
Maybe you want me to beat your pump gas number ? I would not give those CV circle knobs the satisfaction of getting me to haul my stuff thousands of miles.
My heads are right now at John Marcellas shop getting Snyders old Tiger intake ready to fit the E heads. John said he would let me know which of the "low hanging fruit" best bang for your dollar plenum mods to do.
The intake just might be on some of his 462cfm High Ports or Super Wedges someday.

Old 10-01-2017, 04:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Come on Brian , dont bring up that stupid dyno challenge. Thought you were better than that. I am supposed to take my engine on my dime halfway across the country where someone else controls situation ? I would have to be a idiot to do that, sorry, not one.
Maybe you want me to beat your pump gas number ? I would not give those CV circle knobs the satisfaction of getting me to haul my stuff thousands of miles.
My heads are right now at John Marcellas shop getting Snyders old Tiger intake ready to fit the E heads. John said he would let me know which of the "low hanging fruit" best bang for your dollar plenum mods to do.
The intake just might be on some of his 462cfm High Ports or Super Wedges someday.
Just saying you sure seem to care a lot what the dyno says and not what the track says. Just like the cv1 guys you've been going after.

Old 10-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cant you read Brian. I cant let the engine I am building run all out in my car. If I ripped off a 9.2 they would kick me off the track. 900 is just a goal, goals are good right. Gives you something to shoot for.
Gach made his 880 HP. I know, never seen the slip. We thought I could beat it with a better intake, 55mm cam and 1/4" more stroke. The Dale Cubic carb I bought from him had been run. Soot still in the venturis. I know for a fact it was rebuilt by Cubic in Lou Giacconis possession. It and what he told me adds up. When people lie the story changes, have to remember the lie. I got the same story several times. I can spot a liar.
I do care what the dyno says. Its my first real aftermarket everything engine. I will have a dyno slip and can get a idea of the HP with 1/8 mile times letting off so I dont get DQed in test and tune.
I am perfectly willing to buy two SB pump gas cams. It depends on what he says though.
Also unable to fully "care what the track says" with my current car at the moment.