Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 08:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Daddy View Post
How does the Skull Dragging and Donkey Stomping come into play?
That's just fun chit talking, I'm sure it will be close one way or the other. If the other car is running by then.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post
It is entertaining to see how the threats of "skull dragging" and "donkey stomping" have changed to whining about "fancy hardware". Internet bullies always seem to lose their courage when someone actually stands up to them.

Our most recent trip to the dyno was just to try a few things. It's called R & D. We already knew what the motor would do.

I already had the carbs, so that is no big deal. The big single fo is Bill's. He wanted me to try it to get some data on it. No money out of pocket there. I bought the Star vacuum pump set up from a road racing buddy of mine a couple years ago. You wouldn't believe me if I told you how little I paid for it. It's just been sitting in a box in the garage, so I thought I would give it a try. It's very pretty (blue and red) and matches our decorating scheme.

We took a little bit of the money we saved by NOT buying billet heads and bought a better, safer oiling system. Think of it like this: If Jack's motor goes “boom”, he dumps 2 gallons of oil under his tires and gets close and personal with the wall. If my motor goes “boom”, I simply pull the chute and live to race another day. It's a no brainer.

Besides, if it's good enough for Ron Rhodes, it's good enough for me, lol.

Dick Fulton

Oh no don't get it twisted I still plan to drag you down the track. If you want every time you go up to run let me know and we will line up.

I'm no Internet bully, just want to race, thats all.

I didn't know you had such thin skin you couldn't take a little ribbing on you trying a few fancy parts. It sounds like you wouldn't last around the ECM. They are brutally ruthless.

And Ron runs an external oil pump not a dry sump.

I have some nice blue flames shooting out the side, I'm going to give you the leave and when I go by you I'm going to burn the paint of that pretty firebird of yours!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hard to beat a plumber at talking chit lol ! Good grief, if you don't walk the talk you"ll never hear the end of it. Probably more so from your ECM gang than the CV1 side.

Old 07-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Back on Topic for Mr Fulton.

Did you ever figure out why your Star vacuum pump was not doing the job and you needed to step up to the Dry Sump system, outside of the safety perspective?

Tom V.
You saw that too. Hmmm

You don't need a vacuum pump with a dry sump unless.....

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-02-2015, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
Hard to beat a plumber at talking chit lol ! Good grief, if you don't walk the talk you"ll never hear the end of it. Probably more so from your ECM gang than the CV1 side.
It's not bragging if you back it up.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
That's just fun chit talking, I'm sure it will be close one way or the other. If the other car is running by then.
I know, but I like to talk chit too!

Old 07-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

IMO the mention of this race never would have come about if it wasn't for a bunch of "chit talk" and "cheering" from people that have accomplished very little on the drag strip.

I wish Jack and Dick the very best of luck with there projects and hope they keep doing the Pontiac community proud when it comes to the performance of their cars!

EHTTFMF!

Old 07-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
You saw that too. Hmmm

You don't need a vacuum pump with a dry sump unless.....
... really ? ...

Old 07-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
There are other ways to do it , other than what you show in your pic. Better ways Imo.
plus who says you have to stick with stock lifter bore positions ? Its just a hole !
... now you're talking John, but these Pontiac die-hards might lynch you for that ...

Old 07-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I say make it two out of three, like they'd do the Pinks final. One and done leaves too many questions. Spin, tire pressure, launch, lane prep, etc...
And this race needs to be taped.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho428 View Post
I say make it two out of three, like they'd do the Pinks final. One and done leaves too many questions. Spin, tire pressure, launch, lane prep, etc...
And this race needs to be taped.
More like its needs the Live feed.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
... really ? ...
Yes

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Oh no don't get it twisted I still plan to drag you down the track. If you want every time you go up to run let me know and we will line up.

I'm no Internet bully, just want to race, thats all.

And Ron runs an external oil pump not a dry sump.

I have some nice blue flames shooting out the side, I'm going to give you the leave and when I go by you I'm going to burn the paint of that pretty firebird of yours!

Bawhaahahaha of coarse your going to give him the leave cause you figured out you can't buy a reaction time......If you tried to cut a light I still think Fulton leaves on you by a lot!Those folks from Minnesota are pretty salty drivers just sayin.

I'm proud of you by that statement that your gona give him the leave because that rules out the excuse you spun.

I just hope Fulton throws a few taters at you from 1000' on.

I just want to see ANY heads up guy narrow it up to .005 or closer

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 07-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
Bawhaahahaha of coarse your going to give him the leave cause you figured out you can't buy a reaction time......If you tried to cut a light I still think Fulton leaves on you by a lot!Those folks from Minnesota are pretty salty drivers just sayin.

I'm proud of you by that statement that your gona give him the leave because that rules out the excuse you spun.

I just hope Fulton throws a few taters at you from 1000' on.
Taters are fine, parts of pistons would be bad.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 07-02-2015, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Calling Brand X!

You both better watch it, Big Chief shows up and will drag the both of you.LOL

I guess he is to big a star now to post here, next he will putting a chevy in that promod!

Old 07-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
Bawhaahahaha of coarse your going to give him the leave cause you figured out you can't buy a reaction time......If you tried to cut a light I still think Fulton leaves on you by a lot!
Sst 54 The leave on a pro tree situation is worth at least 4 tenths. It doesn't matter much how bad you are on the light, you are better off reacting to your light than to your opponent's leave. That being said, Jack is not likely to beat Dick if Dick gets the leave.

I just want to see ANY heads up guy narrow it up to .005 or closer
It would seem you are comparing good bracket racer reaction times to good pro tree reaction times. The two have little to do with each other. Box racers compensate for their eye to hand delay by adjusting the timer, with everything else being the same. No box racers do it by adjusting roll out, trans brake switch, how they time the light, or other methods of choice.
Either way, they don't rely on true "reaction time" to produce a good reaction time on the time slip. They rely on a good system of "timing" to achieve consistent reaction times near zero.
A pro tree reaction time on the other hand, leaves eye to hand reaction time out in the open for everyone to see. If you can "narrow up" your .400 pro tree reaction time to .005 or better, then you are the GOD of pro tree racing.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
It would seem you are comparing good bracket racer reaction times to good pro tree reaction times. The two have little to do with each other.

What's your typical reaction time?
Do/have you run a delay box?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 07-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
I hope both cars fly but this "secret stuff" is silly! The Pontiac Racers want to know.
GTO George
Yeah,gotta agree George.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosgrove View Post
It would seem you are comparing good bracket racer reaction times to good pro tree reaction times. The two have little to do with each other. Box racers compensate for their eye to hand delay by adjusting the timer, with everything else being the same. No box racers do it by adjusting roll out, trans brake switch, how they time the light, or other methods of choice.
Either way, they don't rely on true "reaction time" to produce a good reaction time on the time slip. They rely on a good system of "timing" to achieve consistent reaction times near zero.
A pro tree reaction time on the other hand, leaves eye to hand reaction time out in the open for everyone to see. If you can "narrow up" your .400 pro tree reaction time to .005 or better, then you are the GOD of pro tree racing.
Double 0 on a pro tree is pretty common for me. It's fun racing when I let go of my button I know I'm at least .020 or better. On a .400 pro tree I carry 000-.010 delay and my button has a .050" throw......on a .500 pro tree I carry .030-.060 and my button has a 1" throw. And on a .500 full tree I carry 1.030-1.080 with a 1" throw. ...........
I know how much chipping up or down 200 rpms effects my reaction time and I also know how much +/- 2psi in my front tires effects my reaction times.
In super gas super comp you probably better be better than .020 on the tree every round
They run on a .400 pro tree.

My reaction times safe my bacon more times than not.........maybe that's why I've had a single digit car # the last 3 out of 4 seasons

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
Old 07-02-2015, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

X2!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Closed Thread