Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-29-2014, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You don't understand period Stan. There is no lack of comprehension on my part. You have been outed again Stan. If you don't understand why you do the things that you do, that is your issue. It makes the intent of your posts no more or less easy to interpret for anyone else.

So what is the purpose in you posting that picture? I'm sincerely interested

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
You don't understand period Stan. There is no lack of comprehension on my part. You have been outed again Stan. If you don't understand why you do the things that you do, that is your issue. It makes the intent of your posts no more or less easy to interpret for anyone else.

So what is the purpose in you posting that picture? I'm sincerely interested
Mike,
My post says what it says. If anyone understands it fine, if not fine. It was just a response to your senseless ongoing BS so I see not need to clarify it.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 03-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Uh-oh Stan now Mike will argue you have a cylinder head preference for McCarty V's...

This argument will get us where????

John... sometimes you need to read your posts before hitting reply... might save you some grief.

From my vantage point this bullcrap simply appears like elementary school where the bully doesnt like the smart kids and the smart kids are drawing the bully to strike just as the principal appears! (except the principal here is maybe passed out somewhere or up a teachers skirt)

Entertaining at first but getting real old.

Mike!... Personally I could care less if the "calculator" guys never even raced a bicycle... I appreciate them having tools for us that can help us improve our cars performance. The better they refine these programs the better it is for the rest of us.

Id rather see shared knowledge than see someone discouraged from sharing knowledge. If the "calculator" guys like gathering all this data and putting the math together that can help us identify areas we could improve on, by all means let them have at it.

Instead, we are getting Mike bullying Stan or John or anyone else he disagrees with to prove what? Mike Leech is always correct? Reality... looking at it from here... MY opinion... it looks like Mike Leech only prints what he feels he cant or wont be challenged on. Yet I am certain, there is the Mike Leech who can share knowledge and opinion without bullying others he disagrees with... could you maybe just let some things go? Especially the things that dont harm you in any way!

Sheesh this is worse than me and gach a few years ago!

If my opinion offends John Stan or Mike so be it... I'm just calling this as I see it.
Pages of arguments over things that may or may not prove factual or just arguing for sake of arguing.

On paper Jack should pick up considerably... speculating how much out of the box seems pointless... especially at this point with little public data... again wish him well and preferring a high effort NA combo to judge... but if this gets him what he wants, then that alone should be good enough and none of our opininions matter.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm bullying you guys asking for facts to support your ridiculous claims? Ok. This is just like the coatings, rpm etc crap. BTW I ASKED DIAMOND PISTON REP STRAIT OUT ABOUT HP FOR THE SECOND TIME....GUESS WHAT EXPECT A 0 HP GAIN!

The whole premise of the thread was to set up a fail for jack. There were no overtones of helpfulness or support.

I've tried being nice. What did that get. Goose egg. So now we should a let Stan and John say whatever you want as if fact when it's not. I see

And no I'm not always right. Guaranteed. Its not that I'm right its that you guys are so lost in your deep thoughts you can't find reality. So if you think I am wrong about kre's weight, feel free to enlighten me with something factual. Not another, well if we guess about the weight we can guess power too. You guys are something else.

So if Stan posts a rav pic it means he's impartial?

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.

Last edited by mike leech; 03-29-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And btw Bruce I have tried to share that info and it always goes like this. The 2 calculatards start beating their drums and carrying on about how I am stupid and they have calculations to prove they are right about anything. I post only a out things I know to be a fact and can support. I continually ask them to support their bs and only get more bs and name calling. And you just made yourself look dumb calling them the smart kids. Just sayin.

They are trying to teach based on their opinions. I'm asking for some facts and never get any. But they always say retarded comments like " we can't help you if you don't understand physics, or reading, or math, or baking cookies " cleArly they form an opinion first then back track with gobbly gook nonsense to try and support it.

If I post a pic of cv1 motor does that mean anything?

Last edited by mike leech; 03-29-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

CV1TTFMF
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0220.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	358603  

Last edited by mjm421; 03-29-2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: addition
Old 03-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post

Mike!... Personally I could care less if the "calculator" guys never even raced a bicycle... I appreciate them having tools for us that can help us improve our cars performance. The better they refine these programs the better it is for the rest of us.

Id rather see shared knowledge than see someone discouraged from sharing knowledge. If the "calculator" guys like gathering all this data and putting the math together that can help us identify areas we could improve on, by all means let them have at it.
What exactly do you think we can all benefit from? Hooray for kre only! Screw jack! Calculate imaginary hp using bs weight? Sounds great. I'm sure we will all gain from that.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
What cylinder head is this?
Are you really asking a valid question Stan?

Hard to keep track in the threads sometimes.

Just messing with you but I would say it is a Lynn McCarthy RA-V Head with his Tunnel Ram and a pair of Tom Vaught prepped carbs. (;>)

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Thinking a 541 NItrous motor will make 1300 is just silly. I brought up the KRE car as an example that they have had that head for years and they have not come close to 1300 HP with there 535. Not trying to slam them just proving a point.

There will be two other NA Visner headed motors supposedly at Norwalk. I will share with David Visner what we learn on the dyno in another couple weeks and he can share it to the other people. But we don't really plan to beat on it for ever last horsepower on the dyno it's just a nitrous motor and some think it's silly even dynoing a motor.

There are some canted valve heads out there that can't crack 1,000 HP and I am supposed to make 1300 the first time out, okay sure.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 03-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm421 View Post
CV1TTFMF
Would work for me... I need to scrounge up a set of Cv's and so I can officially be retarded I guess...

Old 03-29-2014, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
Would work for me... I need to scrounge up a set of Cv's and so I can officially be retarded I guess...
notice no one calling mjm421 that. so it might not be the heads after all. Not saying you are retarded more a general observation that the 2 don't always go together.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Thinking a 541 NItrous motor will make 1300 is just silly. I brought up the KRE car as an example that they have had that head for years and they have not come close to 1300 HP with there 535. Not trying to slam them just proving a point.

There will be two other NA Visner headed motors supposedly at Norwalk. I will share with David Visner what we learn on the dyno in another couple weeks and he can share it to the other people. But we don't really plan to beat on it for ever last horsepower on the dyno it's just a nitrous motor and some think it's silly even dynoing a motor.

There are some canted valve heads out there that can't crack 1,000 HP and I am supposed to make 1300 the first time out, okay sure.
Havent made it Jack... but can you tell me who had a set goal of making +1000NA that has finished building it and fell short?
I believe the TTBill 572 motor is nearing completion but cant recall the HP GG hoped for his block... Bill makes no outright claim...

I dont expect 1300 NA from Visners just yet... not fresh out of the box. Shouldnt take 20 years either...I think they have alot of potential though. No public data of what/how they flow in Pontiac configuration. I dont see where others can just go ahead and assume the same exact flows and qualities as the Aussie pro stocks. Thats a lot of ASSumption IMO

Again hope these do better than you expect from them and its worth your investment...

Old 03-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Boost Engineer

Visner's heads are "Light Years Ahead" in cylinder head technology vs the previous generation Pontiac offerings. Again like comparing a Kentucky Derby Race Horse vs a Pack Mule for capabilities. Each one has their strengths and weaknesses.

A BES modded "Old" Tiger Head can still put down a good number.

Why don't we let the Visner heads put down the number FIRST this time vs go the GG "overhype" target setting route again.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Senior Chief

Mike,

I don't know why you feel the need to be an apologist for Lil' Jack. He has made his bed, now let him lie in it. Lil' is an equal opportunity basher - he bashes everyone - therefore he should not expect any slack in return.

Considering who is doing the work - the computer modeling, port development and engine development experience on tap at EIC, there is no reason NOT to expect this package to hit the ground running. I don't want to hear any excuses about Gaby's "first try". With the minimal cooling provision in these billet heads, the head porter has much more freedom to get creative without "hitting water". Again - no excuses. The down side IS also the minimal cooling provision. It would probably make a good alcohol head, but going rounds on race gas? Good luck with that. Oh wait - Jack doesn't go rounds anyway - what was I thinking?

You know - those Junk CV-1's cool better than any other head out there. Soooo.......I wonder how long it would take to burn Lil'Jack down on the starting line, heh, heh, heh.

Now, let's talk about unknowns: Lil' has already stated that he would not be publishing the dyno sheets - so the power is unknown. The car is undergoing some "work" and some weight reduction at Ron Rhodes' - so the weight is unknown. And lastly, we are still assuming 541 cubic inches, but that may also be an unknown, hmmmm? So what do you have? LESS INFO than you have about Kauffman's car !! (CUE THE HYPERVENTILATION).

So, we'll just have to wait and see - and I'll probably still have to give him the tire, LOL

Dick Fulton

Old 03-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Maybe I'm wrong for assuming this....but since it's a copy of a BBC head.....wouldn't it be safe to think it would perform near an equally equipped BBC?...Just googling BBC nitrous w/ DRCE heads may gleen some info.

Old 03-30-2014, 12:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong for assuming this....but since it's a copy of a BBC head.....wouldn't it be safe to think it would perform near an equally equipped BBC?...Just googling BBC nitrous w/ DRCE heads may gleen some info.
Just read 1st page of this thread, post #19.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 03-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post
Mike,

I don't know why you feel the need to be an apologist for Lil' Jack. He has made his bed, now let him lie in it. Lil' is an equal opportunity basher - he bashes everyone - therefore he should not expect any slack in return.

Considering who is doing the work - the computer modeling, port development and engine development experience on tap at EIC, there is no reason NOT to expect this package to hit the ground running. I don't want to hear any excuses about Gaby's "first try". With the minimal cooling provision in these billet heads, the head porter has much more freedom to get creative without "hitting water". Again - no excuses. The down side IS also the minimal cooling provision. It would probably make a good alcohol head, but going rounds on race gas? Good luck with that. Oh wait - Jack doesn't go rounds anyway - what was I thinking?

You know - those Junk CV-1's cool better than any other head out there. Soooo.......I wonder how long it would take to burn Lil'Jack down on the starting line, heh, heh, heh.

Now, let's talk about unknowns: Lil' has already stated that he would not be publishing the dyno sheets - so the power is unknown. The car is undergoing some "work" and some weight reduction at Ron Rhodes' - so the weight is unknown. And lastly, we are still assuming 541 cubic inches, but that may also be an unknown, hmmmm? So what do you have? LESS INFO than you have about Kauffman's car !! (CUE THE HYPERVENTILATION).

So, we'll just have to wait and see - and I'll probably still have to give him the tire, LOL

Dick Fulton
I agree with most everything you said except hyperventilation and apologizing for jack. I don't and that was not the point of the thread or my posts asking "the smart kids" to back up a guess. These same "smart kids" have a habit of spouting off "ideas" as facts when in fact they have done nothing to prove any of their theories.

True we do not know the weight of jacks car and it was never part of this thread??? so not sure where you get that. Nonsense and projecting ideas as facts may get a rise out of me though.

I truly hope you get that thing flying and with cv1s. I'm not so sure about giving him the back tire....I'd wagger a bet that you aren't so generous at norwalk. I assume the point of your post relates to my position that for you guys to make a statement you both should cross the scales after. I still hold that opinion.

You both have a fair bit ahead of you in testing etc. It will be interesting to see what you come up with. I think yours will be the highest effort build to date. Taking nothing from robin but i assume you guys will have some useful data from him that will help you guys out.

So continuing with unknowns.....what is the displacement of the engine you are building? If you don't mind saying. jack said his was 541 earlier in this thread. I could also likely tell you within 20 lbs of where jacks car will weigh. I flat out told him he better lighten it up or he's fixin to get spanked.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This thread has more turns than a garden snake - First -- Stan, I think your 6oft numbers for cars with the kind of et your posting are way slow -- A quick reacting efficient car will show better times with less hp than a monster motor that has a hard time getting power to the ground. And I don't see any of the "pro stock" style cars we are talking about going 2000lb's unless an aluminum block is in the mix, I know a lot of guys with that style car and what they weight. You may be able to get close with small driver and a lot of money spent on weight reduction but its still very hard to do.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeise View Post
This thread has more turns than a garden snake - First -- Stan, I think your 6oft numbers for cars with the kind of et your posting are way slow -- A quick reacting efficient car will show better times with less hp than a monster motor that has a hard time getting power to the ground. And I don't see any of the "pro stock" style cars we are talking about going 2000lb's unless an aluminum block is in the mix, I know a lot of guys with that style car and what they weight. You may be able to get close with small driver and a lot of money spent on weight reduction but its still very hard to do.
Haters gonna hate! Brian said it best. We don't race dynos. Over the years i have seen so many set them self up for failure chasing that dyno number. The same goes for flow numbers.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
And I don't see any of the "pro stock" style cars we are talking about going 2000lb's unless an aluminum block is in the mix, I know a lot of guys with that style car and what they weight. You may be able to get close with small driver and a lot of money spent on weight reduction but its still very hard to do.
So, you are saying that the KRE car is heavier than 2000 lb?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates