Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 06-15-2018, 11:13 PM
Suspended

Everyone has a friend but no one does it themselves.......just saying! I’m not just a Bracket Racer.....I’m a Drag Racer!

GTO George

Old 06-15-2018, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Then you would know!

GTO George
What i do know is Ryan left on him and by the end of the race they were side by side. So that tells me that he had enough power to make up for some lost time by your so called not being able to see the light because he was strapped in . Ryan was strapped in why could he see the light? Man the things you come up with!

Old 06-15-2018, 11:37 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie66 View Post
What i do know is Ryan left on him and by the end of the race they were side by side. So that tells me that he had enough power to make up for some lost time by your so called not being able to see the light because he was strapped in . Ryan was strapped in why could he see the light? Man the things you come up with!
What are you talking about, you’ve been talking to Tom too much, I never said any of that!! WHAT I DIDNT SAY WAS when a person is sitting in the tube chassis race car they can’t see out of the side because 1. They are strapped in 2. They are wearing a neck brace and a full faced helmet 3. There is a funny car cage with a lot of padding on it! So unless the car is along side of the the driver he ain’t seeing sh_t! So chief could have been along side of Ryan and Ryan would have never seen him. You would have known that if you ever have sat in a real race car and they basically left together!

Old 06-15-2018, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
What are you talking about, you’ve been talking to Tom too much, I never said any of that!! WHAT I DIDNT SAY WAS when a person is sitting in the tube chassis race car they can’t see out of the side because 1. They are strapped in 2. They are wearing a neck brace and a full faced helmet 3. There is a funny car cage with a lot of padding on it! So unless the car is along side of the the driver he ain’t seeing sh_t! So chief could have been along side of Ryan and Ryan would have never seen him. You would have known that if you ever have sat in a real race car and they basically left together!
So you're calling Ryan a liar now !

He said he saw chief before the stripe ! I didnt make that up! Watch the show maybe you'll learn something!

Old 06-16-2018, 12:17 AM
Suspended

Quote:
So you're calling Ryan a liar now !

He said he saw chief before the stripe ! I didnt make that up! Watch the show maybe you'll learn something!
I just replayed the race (I have it on dvr) and Ryan beat chief by over 1 1/2 cars! I looked at it twice, in fact Ryan pulled his chute before chief and he still had him by 1 1/2 cars.
Now that was the second timed they raced.....the first time Ryan beat him by about 1/2 car....all the way down the track!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 06-16-2018 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Everyone has a friend but no one does it themselves.......just saying! I’m not just a Bracket Racer.....I’m a Drag Racer!

GTO George
NOT A STREET RACER! Yes a good friend, who's car is 2 seconds faster than mine, who has been down the road you WATCH on TV. He drives it everywhere and will spank your racecar. What experience you have on those streets??

Old 06-16-2018, 12:37 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
NOT A STREET RACER! Yes a good friend, who's car is 2 seconds faster than mine, who has been down the road you WATCH on TV. He drives it everywhere and will spank your racecar. What experience you have on those streets??
I stopped street racing almost 40 years ago when I grew up.
There’s all kinds of rubber on that street I can see it on my 60” tv and it goes down pretty far! Yes I know it’s not a prepped dragstrip....I never said it was but it does have a lot of rubber on it! For the record comparing my car to their street pro mod cars running 40 lbs plus of boost is STUPID, that’s like comparing my car to yours.....just saying!

GTO George

Old 06-16-2018, 02:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I just replayed the race (I have it on dvr) and Ryan beat chief by over 1 1/2 cars! I looked at it twice, in fact Ryan pulled his chute before chief and he still had him by 1 1/2 cars.
Now that was the second timed they raced.....the first time Ryan beat him by about 1/2 car....all the way down the track!

GTO George
Well then if you watched it then you know that chief lost by a fender the first race wich means his car is totally competitive in that one . The second race he lost by 1 NOT 2 (thats just your exaggeration for your own benefit in this argument ) and couldnt see the light because his window got fogged, so it wasnt a clean race for him in his mind . But even so lost by 1 so thats still competitive . Luttz lost to chief by 4 . Hes number 3 so chief held him off . Im sure Luttz has a better/bigger motor then him right george ? Sounds like your 100% wrong about chief not having enough power. He has plenty.. Anyone one in the 2 spot must have enough power to be competitive . Wait as the season continues . You will be having a different opinion....

Boygeorge if theres one thing you're really good at ,its baiting someone into a debate . Congratulations , You win!!

Old 06-16-2018, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I stopped street racing almost 40 years ago when I grew up.
There’s all kinds of rubber on that street I can see it on my 60” tv and it goes down pretty far! Yes I know it’s not a prepped dragstrip....I never said it was but it does have a lot of rubber on it! For the record comparing my car to their street pro mod cars running 40 lbs plus of boost is STUPID, that’s like comparing my car to yours.....just saying!

GTO George
LMAO Dude grew up? your brain stayed young I guess, I am not comparing your car to a pro mod. My friends car is an all steel, all glass, steel bumpers 3650 lbs street car. NOT like the pro mods he raced. He runs 26 psi. 7:40's so far, drives it to car shows and does drag week every year.
So again you spew chit and say I do not know, but you said"there is all sorts of rubber I can see on that street from my TV". My friend who helps me with my car and who I speak to on a daily basis has been and raced there but you know it all.
Now I understand why my father told me never to argue with a fool.
George some day when you actually grow up and become a man you might be able to admit your wrong or do not know an answer. Until then carry on!

Old 06-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ryan's car and crew spare no expense, he's definitely has a few more dollars in his operation than Chief does. As in any motorsport cubic dollars can beat cubic inches, if the talent is there also. Ryan's car and crew have both, so yes, they are hard to beat.

If anyone remembers when Ryan went from track racing to street racing, he struggled for a good long time before he was consistently in the top 2. His car was very inconsistent and would pop up on the list, and fall back. It all comes with time and experience.

Drawing from memory, the engine electronics were screwed up on the Crow too, so who knows how much the power output was, when he was having problems even getting the car to fire.

George, if I remember correctly you were chasing an electrical gremlin in your car last year and ended up rewiring the car so you have first hand experience with what an intermittent electrical problem can do to a cars performance, correct?

How you apply the power on that road has all to do with your win ratio. It's mentioned on the show all the time, A to B tune up is what beats the other guy. Unless they both are having trouble and it's a pedal fest then the guy that recovers best wins. I guess when someone has raced on wet clay most of their life, they might have a better understanding of a less than optimum track surface.... just a guess on my part though.

The street (no prep surface) is exactly why Chief can be competitive with cars 200 plus inches bigger than he has. On a well prepped track with the Crow Mod, he was so-so at Indy, outclassed is outclassed. When all the power can be applied to the track usually the fastest car wins. When you have a surface that isn't prepped, the fastest car doesn't always win. The tune up, and driver are much more important in street/no prep racing than how much the engine is putting out.

It's probably why I as a dirt track racer, like the SO show much better than sanctioned drag racing. The track is not so sticky you can walk out of your shoes. The driver and the tune up become much more important than how sticky the track is.

This isn't the first time Chief has had a nemesis beat him, Kye Kelly and Daddy Dave are two that come to mind right now.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 06-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Well then if you watched it then you know that chief lost by a fender the first race wich means his car is totally competitive in that one . The second race he lost by 1 NOT 2 (thats just your exaggeration for your own benefit in this argument ) and couldnt see the light because his window got fogged, so it wasnt a clean race for him in his mind . But even so lost by 1 so thats still competitive . Luttz lost to chief by 4 . Hes number 3 so chief held him off . Im sure Luttz has a better/bigger motor then him right george ? Sounds like your 100% wrong about chief not having enough power. He has plenty.. Anyone one in the 2 spot must have enough power to be competitive . Wait as the season continues . You will be having a different opinion....
OK, Ill take a screen shot....1/2 car the first race and over a car and a half on the second. The only reason he's in second is because they drew numbers and he beat Lutz who was having problems! Daddy Dave whipped on him after he (Dave) had to peddle it! Seriously don't people actually pay attention.
Listen im not knocking chiefs car its totally bad a$$ but 481 and stock e-heads aint going to get it done anymore.....time are changing!!

GTO George

Old 06-16-2018, 10:54 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Ryan's car and crew spare no expense, he's definitely has a few more dollars in his operation than Chief does. As in any motorsport cubic dollars can beat cubic inches, if the talent is there also. Ryan's car and crew have both, so yes, they are hard to beat.

If anyone remembers when Ryan went from track racing to street racing, he struggled for a good long time before he was consistently in the top 2. His car was very inconsistent and would pop up on the list, and fall back. It all comes with time and experience.

Drawing from memory, the engine electronics were screwed up on the Crow too, so who knows how much the power output was, when he was having problems even getting the car to fire.

George, if I remember correctly you were chasing an electrical gremlin in your car last year and ended up rewiring the car so you have first hand experience with what an intermittent electrical problem can do to a cars performance, correct?

How you apply the power on that road has all to do with your win ratio. It's mentioned on the show all the time, A to B tune up is what beats the other guy. Unless they both are having trouble and it's a pedal fest then the guy that recovers best wins. I guess when someone has raced on wet clay most of their life, they might have a better understanding of a less than optimum track surface.... just a guess on my part though.

The street (no prep surface) is exactly why Chief can be competitive with cars 200 plus inches bigger than he has. On a well prepped track with the Crow Mod, he was so-so at Indy, outclassed is outclassed. When all the power can be applied to the track usually the fastest car wins. When you have a surface that isn't prepped, the fastest car doesn't always win. The tune up, and driver are much more important in street/no prep racing than how much the engine is putting out.

It's probably why I as a dirt track racer, like the SO show much better than sanctioned drag racing. The track is not so sticky you can walk out of your shoes. The driver and the tune up become much more important than how sticky the track is.

This isn't the first time Chief has had a nemesis beat him, Kye Kelly and Daddy Dave are two that come to mind right now.
You do realize that I'm a drag racer right, I'm going pretty quick also. All chief had to worry about were nitrous cars before........NOW everyone is upgrading! Chiefs had this combo for a while, time is not standing still, they not racing in Memphis. You guys watch and remember what i said!

GTO George

Old 06-16-2018, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You do realize that I'm a drag racer right, I'm going pretty quick also. All chief had to worry about were nitrous cars before........NOW everyone is upgrading! Chiefs had this combo for a while, time is not standing still, they not racing in Memphis. You guys watch and remember what i said!

GTO George
Yep George, I'm still the same guy that talks to you and your wife every year at Norwalk, same guy that used to sell the Pontiac T Shirts every year.

Street racing isn't the same as drag racing George, I figured I laid that out pretty well, but maybe not.

A to B tune up is the most important thing in street racing, don't overpower the surface, or you lose. BTW, SO, when they race out of their town, have raced on worse surfaces than they have in Memphis. You race the track, not the guy in the other lane, it's all about power application, not how much power you have.

You said it all, that you're a drag racer, not a street racer, different ballgame, apples and oranges.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 06-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPONT View Post
LMAO Dude grew up? your brain stayed young I guess, I am not comparing your car to a pro mod. My friends car is an all steel, all glass, steel bumpers 3650 lbs street car. NOT like the pro mods he raced. He runs 26 psi. 7:40's so far, drives it to car shows and does drag week every year.
So again you spew chit and say I do not know, but you said"there is all sorts of rubber I can see on that street from my TV". My friend who helps me with my car and who I speak to on a daily basis has been and raced there but you know it all.
Now I understand why my father told me never to argue with a fool.
George some day when you actually grow up and become a man you might be able to admit your wrong or do not know an answer. Until then carry on!
I haven't called anyone a name (maybe your dad should have taught you manners), I'm giving my opinion I'm sorry you don't like it the world isn't perfect! OK you compared my Bracket engine with only 11 lbs of boost to your friends car with 26 lbs of boost that at least 400-500 HP difference, how big is his engine? Again I haven't knock any car or person, why are you so upset? listen almost the whole 405 is upgrading to MORE power....if they can't use the power then WHY? chiefs car is BAD A$$ BUT its time to upgrade...thats all!

GTO George

GTO George

Old 06-16-2018, 11:13 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
Yep George, I'm still the same guy that talks to you and your wife every year at Norwalk, same guy that used to sell the Pontiac T Shirts every year.

Street racing isn't the same as drag racing George, I figured I laid that out pretty well, but maybe not.

A to B tune up is the most important thing in street racing, don't overpower the surface, or you lose. BTW, SO, when they race out of their town, have raced on worse surfaces than they have in Memphis. You race the track, not the guy in the other lane, it's all about power application, not how much power you have.

You said it all, that you're a drag racer, not a street racer, different ballgame, apples and oranges.
OK....answer me this WHY is almost the whole 405 upgrading to more power if they can't use what they have? Maybe they are using MORE then you think!

GTO George

Old 06-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
OK, Ill take a screen shot....1/2 car the first race and over a car and a half on the second. The only reason he's in second is because they drew numbers and he beat Lutz who was having problems! Daddy Dave whipped on him after he (Dave) had to peddle it! Seriously don't people actually pay attention.
Listen im not knocking chiefs car its totally bad a$$ but 481 and stock e-heads aint going to get it done anymore.....time are changing!!

GTO George
You just dont get it!!!

None of the cars are at full power george!!

WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT??

He raced Luttz and won by 4 cars! Who cares about who pulled who to get a free ride. Luttz had his chance and lost !!

And YES you are knocking Chiefs car by saying its not fast enough for the list when it is!!

You have no clue what your car would do in a street race . You're ASSUMING !

Just like you think you know my bcakground of knowledge when you dont ! You met me once last year!

Old 06-16-2018, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There upgrading because they had nothing for chief!! Really ? you need to ask that ?

Old 06-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
They're upgrading because they had nothing for chief!!

I'll borrow the quote from Charlie66, because it's 100% true. He's better at reading the road and doing a tune up to suit the road.

Ryan has better equipment than Chief does, as far as data logging, and deciphering info, Ryan and crew may be just a hair better than Chief is.

When Murder Nova/Shawn makes a crucial run Chief is 9 times out of 10 who does the tune on Murder Nova. Chief does, because he's pretty damn good at doing that, and Shawn knows he's good at it.

A to B, nothing else matters when street racing at the levels the list racers are at. Every week they talk about knocking the tires off the cars, they're pulling power out of the cars all the time, and until someone figures a way to hook more power to the track surface it's crucial to pull power out at the right amounts, at the right times. Flatfooting the loud pedal isn't the fastest way down the street, period.

I'll quote a former competitor that showed me how I could go faster on an autocross course, "Slow down, and you'll go faster". Upon taking his advice I stopped driving so aggressively and promptly set fast time of the day for that event, tire slippage even in a minute amount slows you down each and every time.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 06-16-2018, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535 tall deck View Post

Considering this picture was taken from a thread called "Big Chiefs CV-1 project" and was posted by the guy doing the work I would say it's pretty legit.
... you are correct, the project is very legit, and the top end is ready and will be delivered personally very very soon ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	40511.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	485438   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	485439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180507_184703330.jpg
Views:	164