Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

RISK is the key word here, YOU are RISKING.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Suspended

You risk nothing. Use paypal. Get your money back if he does not deliver. Of course there are some like Joe who allowed the paypal time limit to go by, but Joe is still getting headers. Everyone who contacted me.....I am trying to get information for you.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Oh, and what about me? I let the Paypal time go because Ron contiuned to promise me and I believed. Now it is almost 2 years and I am out my hard earned cash.

I'll say this, if you do send money pay with a credit card via paypal and get commitment in writing and DO NOT let yourself go beyond the legal dates of getting a chargeback.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegio View Post
FedEx says pkg form Ron is on the way, from start to finish, 8 weeks total, a little longer than expected but even mad dog had a 5 plus week lead time. I hope the old and new orders get filled soon so we can all move on.
Great news joegio!

Please post pictures when you can.

Is there any word on other headers going out? More specifically any word on other First Gen Firebird headers. I only know of Arrowem, Roadrage Dave, joegio and myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aronhk_md View Post
Hi Mike...yours and several other sets have begun the build process. Part of the headers are done as batches, where he bends lots of bends with the same 1 3/4 tubing all at once, then he has the switch the bender over to 2" and do the secondary tubes for all of those. In addition he then bends the stuff for the 2" primary headers. Once he has enough tubing bent he begins individual assembly on one set at a time.

I put him behind schedule because I pushed him to finish the designs on not only the 1st gen firebirds like yours, but also the 2" headers for that car, the 2" headers for 70-81 birds & 68-73 A bodies, as well as turbo headers. So I basically put him about 5-6 weeks behind. It was difficult for him because it pushed orders behind and meant no new $ flowing in for a while, but I am working on a deal to see if his headers might become available through another Pontiac source and having the maximum # of designs available seemed to be the best course.

As part of that push, when Ron built Roger Bolligers 2" set recently for his race trans am, we found out last minute that Roger's new engine was being built with a 4/7 cam swap. That necessitated going back to the drawing board for that specific set of headers and the tube order of the primaries needed to be switched around. When you do that you are basically building a custom set, and it took him a week.

So I apologize, but your headers ARE being worked on now. I just cant give you an exact date yet.

And it has been a month since the above post #963 on Aug 6th. Just wondering about any updates....

Thanks,

Mike aka ClassicDriverMan

Old 09-06-2012, 04:19 PM

Any word on 2nd gen 2"headers ?

Daan

Old 09-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Suspended

I'm pushing to get yours done Mike, and yours too Daan....but again I have little pull. lol. I do know everything got delayed due to the development of the 1st gen stuff and some kinks that needed to be worked out for the jig that he uses to make them. After the 1st set of 2" on that design, he had to also use some reverse engineering to make the 1 3/4" work on that same jig. All in all I'm almost as impatient as you guys. I keep asking him........are we there yet? I'm hoping really soon. Thanks for hanging in there. You too Arrowem.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not only that, some of us including myself had a changed firering order in de first gen 2 inch headers. witch Ron didnt knew!!(my mistake). witch delayd my headers and im still waighting!!.. little details that delays everyting

Old 09-09-2012, 06:48 AM

Aron,

Just spoke with Ron on the phone yesterday and he needed some info from me but the guy who build my engine just lets me keep on waiting for several months now with that info.

He was bussy with the headers so i'll be paitient.

I'll try to call you tonight (didn't get you on the phone the last couple of days) regarding packages.

Thanks,

Daan

Old 09-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Suspended

Sorry Daan, I'll look for your call tonight. The last 2 weeks has been crazy for me.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Senior Chief

Default got em

Package arrived today, headers are very compact and look great, I'll post some pics soon.
These were 1st gen, 1-3/4" to 2" to 2-1/2".

Old 09-17-2012, 01:56 AM

joegio - Any pictures?

Old 09-24-2012, 10:57 PM

Default Very Concerned

Aron, I placed an order (Payment by Paypal) via you to Ron Watts at tribal tubes via Deanna's email on July 17, 2012. You told me shipping would be in 3 weeks. It is September 23rd and no communication, no headers. I am gravely concerned.

Please get ahold of me: 773-859-1695, ndougal@hotmail.com

The thread I initially responded to stated that there was a pair of the 68 firebird round port headers built and ready to ship. Come on!?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 PM

Yes Aron.......

Me too.... Still waiting!

Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes Aron.....

Me three!!!!!! Still waiting!

Old 09-27-2012, 05:06 PM

Default SIX MONTHS AND WAITING

Today marks six months since I ordered headers. Not sure what is happening.

Nothing new from others who may or may not have received headers. I only know what I read on this thread.

Anyone have anything to add?

Old 09-28-2012, 07:36 AM

Default 10 MONTHS AND WAITING.

Ordered headers the first of this year to help the old orders. Nothing. Nobody even responds to emails anymore. Think my order may have fallen through the cracks.

Jrp

Old 09-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp79se View Post
Ordered headers the first of this year to help the old orders. Nothing. Nobody even responds to emails anymore. Think my order may have fallen through the cracks.

Jrp
Only if that crack happens to be the Grand Canyon!

Old 09-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well, guess my slant is not that wrong after all. Guys, do not fall for scam! Stop sending your cash thnking you will be the lucky one to get yours as promised.

So, let's hear the latest excuses from the Watts camp, bender broke, welder is out of wire or rods, electic company failed to deliver electricity on time. I can't wait for the next round.

My offer still stands, give me Ron's location and I will begin the actions against him, he is still in hiding.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I wonder if at this point, sending money in advance would be a little like hitting on a $2 crack whore with no protection.
I mean what could possibly go wrong, she promised she was clean.

This PayPal deal sounds safe but do you realize PayPal will only refund up to the amount that is in the sellers paypal account.
No one, legit or not, with a PayPal account leaves money in it or in the bank account that PayPal requires for a backup. It just isnt done, too easy for scammers to wipe it out.
What if you are due a $700 refund and there is only $12.43 in the sellers account? That will be your refund.
What is the saying? 'You cant get blood out of a turnip'.

Last edited by BVR421; 09-28-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
What is the saying? 'You cant get blood out of a turnip'.
Yes, that is the saying and as usual BVR421's perspective is pragmatic and not emotional.

Another saying that holds true:

"You can't fix stupid".

Closed Thread