Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-03-2019, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A argument on a racing forum has not a dam thing to do with a mans livelihood. Anyone that would resort to leaving a flat out lie against a mans business that pays his bills and feeds his family is a pos. If Bill or whoever is representing Anderson port development wants to take the bait and run with it it's on them. This is not a his personal space and is open to the praise and criticism that goes with it.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbigb View Post
A argument on a racing forum has not a dam thing to do with a mans livelihood. Anyone that would resort to leaving a flat out lie against a mans business that pays his bills and feeds his family is a pos. If Bill or whoever is representing Anderson port development wants to take the bait and run with it it's on them. This is not a his personal space and is open to the praise and criticism that goes with it.
As someone with no bone in this fight, I disagree. Attacks are being made about a persons product that any member of the public can find, whether it's a service, or hard part, it's still an attack. It might be fun and games to one person, but I'm sure the other doesn't think the same. I have mucho respect for what Lil Jacks accomplished and find a lot of his posts entertaining, but this same argument is old. I also have lots of respect for 7T2 and APD, going out on a limb and designing a new head, trying to make a living in a small yet highly competitive market isn't easy. Everyone has mouths to feed, nobody here is a saint, can't we find something new to argue about?

Old 01-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrookie View Post
As someone with no bone in this fight, I disagree. Attacks are being made about a persons product that any member of the public can find, whether it's a service, or hard part, it's still an attack. It might be fun and games to one person, but I'm sure the other doesn't think the same. I have mucho respect for what Lil Jacks accomplished and find a lot of his posts entertaining, but this same argument is old. I also have lots of respect for 7T2 and APD, going out on a limb and designing a new head, trying to make a living in a small yet highly competitive market isn't easy. Everyone has mouths to feed, nobody here is a saint, can't we find something new to argue about?
AMEN!!!!!

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 01-03-2019, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So leaving a strait up lie or bad review on someone's business site that someone would pull up looking for service in that area is the same as a forum discussion? No it's not. This man has a wife and 4 kids counting on him and that business. It's not the same as this crap. What's next call the law and say he did something to kid cause your butt hurt?

Old 01-03-2019, 05:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Isn't a lie a lie?

What's the difference?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 01-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
So leaving a strait up lie or bad review on someone's business site that someone would pull up looking for service in that area is the same as a forum discussion? No it's not. This man has a wife and 4 kids counting on him and that business. It's not the same as this crap. What's next call the law and say he did something to kid cause your butt hurt?
So let me get this straight . Someone from this forum went on jacks business website and left a bad review. But they never had him do any work for them ?

Old 01-03-2019, 06:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was suggested to do so. Ok John if you wanted work done in the area you live in I'm sure you would do a search of businesses in that area that provide that service then look at the reviews of it. You would assume the comments there were true and make your decision of who you would hire based on that. That's how people do things today. It's not confusing.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracerx2813 View Post
So let me get this straight . Someone from this forum went on jacks business website and left a bad review. But they never had him do any work for them ?
It was just an idea put forth by the Cv-1 camp who are sick of being attacked. It's a :
--->You keep saying my product is junk, how would you like it if I said your service was bad?<--- type of thing.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:37 PM
Suspended

Quote:
It was suggested to do so. Ok John if you wanted work done in the area you live in I'm sure you would do a search of businesses in that area that provide that service then look at the reviews of it. You would assume the comments there were true and make your decision of who you would hire based on that. That's how people do things today. It's not confusing.
First the same thing work when looking for a product, if some people keep talking bad about a produce couldn’t the results be the same.

GTO George

Old 01-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Senior Chief

Default "You reap what you sow"

I gotta get this off my chest.

A web cut & paste:

"“You reap what you sow” - a saying meaning there is an effect for everything people do or say, and that the effort a person puts into something will be rewarded appropriately in this life. People use this phrase as a reminder to be kind and work hard.

Main Principle
The general idea behind "you reap what you sow" is that actions will have consequences. The effects of a person’s behaviors are not necessarily apparent right away, such as when a farmer has to wait a while for a crop to mature. Nevertheless, they show up eventually.

Application and Purpose
People usually apply the reaping concept as a means of directing general living and working. The purpose is to encourage positive behavior and discourage negative activity, or to get a specific result. In this way, it serves as a means to move a person toward the thoughts and actions that are culturally accepted as being constructive, ethical and moral."

Ed. I vote we cut the BS here and move on. Let's get back to a positive and stop being so immature. Remember, this is #1 a Pontiac Forum........to HELP a shrinking Pontiac brethren. Free speech = say your piece and then STFU (unless attacked of course). A few are quite narcissistic and only serve to promote themselves and hear themselves spew on a forum. This diminishes the entire Forum.

71 Firebird
69 Firebird
Old 01-03-2019, 06:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Oh okay . Thanks .

Old 01-03-2019, 07:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
It was just an idea put forth by the Cv-1 camp who are sick of being attacked. It's a :
--->You keep saying my product is junk, how would you like it if I said your service was bad?<--- type of thing.
Not that I want to get into a debate. Or that I am defending anyone on here . But to me there is a big difference between bad mouthing someone on a public forum, and attacking someone on their business web page . On a public web page you can defend yourself or your product publicly. But attacking someone on their business web page is taking it to a different level !

i personally think this bs is way out of hand and it needs to stop . But what do I know .

Old 01-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think most agree it needs to stop. I don't see the difference in bad mouthing though. Jack probably doesn't have a forum on his web site, so you can go to a plumbers forum and bad mouth, or a facebook page and bad mouth, etc...

Jacks never owned CV-1's but he bad mouths them..
7t2 never had Jack do work for him but he bad mouths him.
Jack is a business owner who supports his family and lifestyle but offering a service.
7t2 is a business owner who supports his family and lifestyle by offering a product.

Why is it ok for one person to bad mouth a product but it's not ok for one person to bad mouth a service?
Like John said: "Isn't a lie a lie?"

And I'm using Jack and 7t2's names, but there's many people who've aired their grievances in this thread.

Old 01-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I think most agree it needs to stop. I don't see the difference in bad mouthing though. Jack probably doesn't have a forum on his web site, so you can go to a plumbers forum and bad mouth, or a facebook page and bad mouth, etc...

Jacks never owned CV-1's but he bad mouths them..
7t2 never had Jack do work for him but he bad mouths him.
Jack is a business owner who supports his family and lifestyle but offering a service.
7t2 is a business owner who supports his family and lifestyle by offering a product.

Why is it ok for one person to bad mouth a product but it's not ok for one person to bad mouth a service?
Like John said: "Isn't a lie a lie?"

And I'm using Jack and 7t2's names, but there's many people who've aired their grievances in this thread.
I agree to a certain point . But I think your taking it to another level when you move from a public forum to a personal web page . I would feel the same way if Jack were to post something on Rolands raving page . Yes a lie is a lie . But two wrongs don’t make a right . It’s time to make it stop , before someone loses their mind and does something extreme .

Old 01-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracerx2813 View Post
I agree to a certain point . But I think your taking it to another level when you move from a public forum to a personal web page . I would feel the same way if Jack were to post something on Rolands raving page . Yes a lie is a lie . But two wrongs don’t make a right . It’s time to make it stop , before someone loses their mind and does something extreme .
Putting a Chevy in a Pontiac would constitute someone losing there mind and going to an extreme.

😂

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 01-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Putting a Chevy in a Pontiac would constitute someone losing there mind and going to an extreme.

😂
I will agree with you on that !

Old 01-03-2019, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW.... I suggested a group hug many pages of posts ago.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
FWIW.... I suggested a group hug many pages of posts ago.
I think that is a good idea . But only if there is ice cream with sprinkles!

Old 01-03-2019, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like a good time for EHTTFMF.

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 01-03-2019, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior