Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Wow, you really are kind of illiterate. Low vocabulary.
Decorum is proper behavior and conduct.
"Decor" is what you hang on the walls of your house.
I am accusing you of not knowing how to treat people. Not knowing what kind of painting looks right with the lamp next to it is not where I was going.
Mike, I know how he treated me.
You bringing him up in less than a positive light after he has passed shows improper decorum. Understand the word now ? Smart guy.
... you idiot, you twisting Leech's opinion that far out of context as to how Leech actually felt to towards him is not only BS, it's reprehensible ...

... and my phone changed the word to decor genius, god you're an idiot ...

Old 07-03-2018, 07:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't like talking about mike since he is no longer with us. I had spoken to him on 3 occasions prior to his passing. The first was in 2013 when I had my car at Milan. We spoke briefly that day. Very cordial. The second time was on the phone about an oil pan. Mind you this was in the midst off all of the trash talkin between us on this site. The third and last time was at mir in 2016. We had 4 Pontiacs pitted together at the World Cup race. Me and my guys jumped in and gave him a hand with his car over the course of the weekend no differently then all 4 of us did for each other. That weekend he said all of the Internet trash talking was just that. Internet trash talking. We were pitted together for 4 days. No Sour feelings towards each other. He told me of his plans moving forward with his program. We talked about his time in the navy our first Pontiacs etc. What ever he may or may not have said to others about me, well I just don't care. Honestly not one god dam person other then his son and family should say anything on his behalf. Period! Not what he thought, not what he said, nothing. That should only be the privledge of his family.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
I don't like talking about mike since he is no longer with us. I had spoken to him on 3 occasions prior to his passing. The first was in 2013 when I had my car at Milan. We spoke briefly that day. Very cordial. The second time was on the phone about an oil pan. Mind you this was in the midst off all of the trash talkin between us on this site. The third and last time was at mir in 2016. We had 4 Pontiacs pitted together at the World Cup race. Me and my guys jumped in and gave him a hand with his car over the course of the weekend no differently then all 4 of us did for each other. That weekend he said all of the Internet trash talking was just that. Internet trash talking. We were pitted together for 4 days. No Sour feelings towards each other. He told me of his plans moving forward with his program. We talked about his time in the navy our first Pontiacs etc. What ever he may or may not have said to others about me, well I just don't care. Honestly not one god dam person other then his son and family should say anything on his behalf. Period! Not what he thought, not what he said, nothing. That should only be the privledge of his family.
Well said ! I totally agree !

Old 07-03-2018, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As a casual observer, I have a question: WHY do you guys "go to the mattresses" over EVERYTHING?

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 07-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Suspended

I appreciate some real input. Thank you sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
IMO I would not use a steel rod in a high hp na Pontiac. There is so much detonation. the aluminum rod works like a shock absorber for the bearings and crank. It isn't an oiling problem. You don't need a dry sump oiling system. The 2 highest hp na pontiacs are wet sumps. The steel rods hammer the dog piss out of the bearings and crank. Something has to go. Usually it's the rod out the side of the oil pan.

Old 07-04-2018, 12:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lets get it back to cranks and rods.
I would only run a aluminum rod if the concuss is I need them on a 11-1 engine that should not see anything north of 7500RPM. I mean, I know people who do just that in a IA2. But they started doing it with 455s and just carried it over to aftermarket. BME rods are a big help with stock blocks.
But do I need them. Don't want to change 1400$ rods every few hundred passes if I can avoid it.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Lets get it back to cranks and rods.
I would only run a aluminum rod if the concuss is I need them on a 11-1 engine that should not see anything north of 7500RPM. I mean, I know people who do just that in a IA2. But they started doing it with 455s and just carried it over to aftermarket. BME rods are a big help with stock blocks.
But do I need them. Don't want to change 1400$ rods every few hundred passes if I can avoid it.
At your proposed power and RPM range you're going a long time before changing. Every app is different but even steel rods should have maintenance.

Lots to learn here...
http://www.bmeltd.com/rods.htm

Old 07-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I ran those bME 396 rods in all my super gas motors in the late 80s thru the 90s. H-O told me what to build and sent me the parts I never had a single issue. Worked out great!

Old 07-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
At your proposed power and RPM range you're going a long time before changing. Every app is different but even steel rods should have maintenance.

Lots to learn here...
http://www.bmeltd.com/rods.htm
I have read that before a long time ago. If I were to run aluminum rods it would be a BME. I would rather have a rod forged around a journal than cut out of billet.
Sig Erson Cams used to make a forged aluminum Pontiac roller rocker. Had a chance to pick up a NOS set on E bay and did not pull the trigger. Like that idea too vs extruded.
But to tell you the truth, I will run whatever type of rod S Brown thinks I should run. He is a Molnar dealer too. Much more experience and knowledge than I and I will use all of it I can.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
But to tell you the truth, I will run whatever type of rod S Brown thinks I should run. He is a Molnar dealer too. Much more experience and knowledge than I and I will use all of it I can.
Just curious, if you are going to do whatever Scott says then why ask here?

Old 07-04-2018, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Just curious, if you are going to do whatever Scott says then why ask here?
Brian, Scott is only specking pistons, rings and cam. Might buy some Molars from him.
But for things like which kind of rod, aluminum-steel, ring pack, cam all that stuff I should rely heavily on what Scott and John suggest. They have done many high ends builds and I have not. I trust them, great guys to deal with.
I realize they do a lot of high end builds but not getting any pressure to put more than I can afford into this.
I think it would be a mistake to against their recommendations.
And I just like to talk Pontiacs. I did not start this thread, gave my two cents , Twin through some negative in and now we are here. Langer gave me his thoughts and I will listed to whatever that guy has to say.
You too man but I have a hard time getting real info from you other than open ended questions. Thats how you are, its cool I have no problem if you don't want to spill your guts just because some guy asks online.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:07 PM
Suspended

I ask people questions then make my own decisions......just saying!

GTO George

Old 07-05-2018, 02:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
I ask people questions then make my own decisions......just saying!

GTO George
Whats that supposed to mean ? Other people don't do the same thing ?
You bought most of your stuff from KRE and KRE uses GRP rods, right ?

Old 07-05-2018, 06:15 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Whats that supposed to mean ? Other people don't do the same thing ?
You bought most of your stuff from KRE and KRE uses GRP rods, right ?
I talked to them and done some researched thought the billets aluminum we’re the best. Compared the pros and cons, some stuff I didn’t care, most stuff my decision......just saying!

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 07-05-2018 at 06:24 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have personally owned and ran BME, GRP, & MGP atleast 5-6 sets of each and broken atleast 5 rods over time pushing limits. There is no comparison GRP technology is "IN my opinion "the best by far.

Someone said you can't get counterweighed forged.
I personally have 2. I suppose I will have to post a pic now to prove it knowing how people on here can be.

Taking to Mike leach the few times I did I doubt he said anything about anybody like I have read hear!

I have broken and hurt as many or more motors than most in the pontiac world.
I push Myn harder than. Most in the pontiac world
I have gone as fast as most in the pontiac world
My car weighs more than most high HP cars in the pontiac world.

My car is 3,480 lbs ran 4.92@144mph 1.18 60ft with GRP and Bryant
My factory GM 4" forged has been 5.05 at 148mph
This is on a radial tire 3,450+lbs spraying a .46 jet in a fogger

these are facts not opinions. Use it however.
I push my parts. I have the budget for better parts now but that wasent always the case. So I ran rods until they broke, or other parts. I have broke as many billet cranks as I have forged.

And though there are a few Pontiacs going faster come and talk to me when you have moved a 3,450 lbs car to these numbers with a 1.18 60ft think about that for a min. Not just the Et and 60 but the weight of the car. I doubt anyone is pushing that hard. When you push that hard you learn the breaking point of parts period.

Mat it! Spray it! Chute it! Just another 8 Second Pass!
Old 07-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I would HAVE to put that 4.92 motor in a good Super Gas car

Old 07-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
As a casual observer, I have a question: WHY do you guys "go to the mattresses" over EVERYTHING?
X2.....

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 07-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
I have personally owned and ran BME, GRP, & MGP atleast 5-6 sets of each and broken atleast 5 rods over time pushing limits. There is no comparison GRP technology is "IN my opinion "the best by far.

Someone said you can't get counterweighed forged.
I personally have 2. I suppose I will have to post a pic now to prove it knowing how people on here can be.

Taking to Mike leach the few times I did I doubt he said anything about anybody like I have read hear!

I have broken and hurt as many or more motors than most in the pontiac world.
I push Myn harder than. Most in the pontiac world
I have gone as fast as most in the pontiac world
My car weighs more than most high HP cars in the pontiac world.

My car is 3,480 lbs ran 4.92@144mph 1.18 60ft with GRP and Bryant
My factory GM 4" forged has been 5.05 at 148mph
This is on a radial tire 3,450+lbs spraying a .46 jet in a fogger

these are facts not opinions. Use it however.
I push my parts. I have the budget for better parts now but that wasent always the case. So I ran rods until they broke, or other parts. I have broke as many billet cranks as I have forged.

And though there are a few Pontiacs going faster come and talk to me when you have moved a 3,450 lbs car to these numbers with a 1.18 60ft think about that for a min. Not just the Et and 60 but the weight of the car. I doubt anyone is pushing that hard. When you push that hard you learn the breaking point of parts period.
Thanks for that. Real opinion from someone who has done it. And the Mike stuff too. He was a positive person and inspiring to me.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
OK,OK, its "mat", the expression. Go to "the mat" is a wrestling term. I can see that.
Leave the mattress out of it.
That guy just has no cuth. Likes to come at me calling me names. He knows I got dirt on his stuff and how he treats people.
I don't like him and he does not like me. Its that simple.
But you are right, going to "the mat" all the time gets old for me and the rest who have to look at it.
Back to that "decorum" word and it does fit.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Thanks for that. Real opinion from someone who has done it. And the Mike stuff too. He was a positive person and inspiring to me.
LMFAO - You have balls correcting the words that others use.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm