Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 03-20-2018, 08:12 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
Hate to derail Jims thread but for history,the factory did make a few 389 62 SDs with alu but the only cars with the swiss cheese frame were 13 63 SD cars.No factory 61 SD cars were made,they came off the line as 425A cars and were converted to SD engines with over the counter parts,in 61 alu bumpers were avail over the counter also.Tom
X2 You could BUY the special SD parts in 1961,
from any dealership, including my uncle's dealership, if you had the $$$.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:21 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Dale and his son were alright, Ray was something else. Bet you were buds. I went by the business the day after the guy fired a bunch of rounds thru the front window, George. Ray kind of "hid out for a while" after that deal.

You a Transplant from Hamtramic George?

Tom V.
LOL!

GTO George

Old 03-20-2018, 10:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I drove from Montreal to the Hunt's shop just outside Detroit to buy a Warrior intake over 40 years ago. The days before online shopping and shipping. I had driven as far as Toronto before that, and naively thought Detroit was another hour and half past that. Left Montreal around midnight, got to Toronto at 5 am. Started looking for a place to grab a bite, everything was closed. Found a gas station and bought a map, and realized we had another 5 hours to go.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:52 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm455ho View Post
I drove from Montreal to the Hunt's shop just outside Detroit to buy a Warrior intake over 40 years ago. The days before online shopping and shipping. I had driven as far as Toronto before that, and naively thought Detroit was another hour and half past that. Left Montreal around midnight, got to Toronto at 5 am. Started looking for a place to grab a bite, everything was closed. Found a gas station and bought a map, and realized we had another 5 hours to go.
Ya their shop (or should I say “parts store”) is a good drive (around 35 miles) from the bridge in Detroit. I say parts store because that’s all they did was sell HP (high performance) parts and some rebuilds.
Actually they owned two HP stores....oh ya also a bar not to far from their store in Westland.

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 03-20-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm455ho View Post
So did you continue on? My first thought was you got there and was told it'd be a six week wait for them to cast another batch....that's what happened to me.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Anyone know what happened to the molds for the Warrior intake?

Old 03-21-2018, 08:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Anyone know what happened to the molds for the Warrior intake?
Yes, Ray still has them. He's interested in selling, but there doesn't seem to be a willing buyer.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:27 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Ya their shop (or should I say “parts store”) is a good drive (around 35 miles) from the bridge in Detroit. I say parts store because that’s all they did was sell HP (high performance) parts and some rebuilds.
Actually they owned two HP stores....oh ya also a bar not to far from their store in Westland.

GTO George
The Ambassador Bridge website screwed you up George on your mileage search. That website (business) is located at
12225 Stephens, Warren, MI 48089 (on the eastside). That website business IS located 35 miles from the old Hunt Brothers store.
Also quite a few miles from the actual Ambassador Bridge between Canada and the USA.

The Hunt Brothers Warrior Racing Products store was located at 238 Wayne Road in Westland Mi.
You took I-94 westbound from the ACTUAL Ambassador Bridge to Merriman Road and then jogged over to Wayne Road the distance is more like 25 miles. Caught you bs-ing again George. Google maps does make mistakes occasionally when you do a search.

In 1993 the Hunt Brothers wanted $550 for the Warrior Tunnel Ram, (I was told by a SK guy it cost them $175 to cast one up.)
A few SK manifolds were sold and identified by their name.

Tom V.

Jim R, If you wanted to test a EFI version of the Warrior T-Ram with a Holley Plenum let me know. Skip Fix has offered a Hunt Bros unit.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 03-21-2018 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:49 AM
Suspended

Tom, I know where Mid -America was located at, I use to go there at least twice a week (I lived in Lincoln Park at the time.......Telegraph to Cherry Hill to Wayne). We spent many a evening tossing down beers and bench racing. I was young I didn’t know any better!

GTO George

Old 03-21-2018, 11:09 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Tom, I know where Mid -America was located at, I use to go there at least twice a week (I lived in Lincoln Park at the time.......Telegraph to Cherry Hill to Wayne). We spent many a evening tossing down beers and bench racing. I was young I didn’t know any better!

GTO George
That explains a great deal George, a very great deal, only being schooled by Roger Lee would top that educational experience. You knew Roger I am sure.

Tom V.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:14 AM
Suspended

Unlike you just because I’ve heard of or talked to someone once doesn’t make them my friend. Roger doesn’t ring a bell. Although I did buy my RA4 intake off someone named Roger (a Pontiac guy) but don’t remember his last name but I’m sure he doesn’t remember me either.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2018, 11:43 AM
Boost Engineer

For being the expert on all Pontiac stuff in the Detroit area, you sure are lacking on some basic knowledge.

Roger Lee has been dead for many years.
He screwed a lot of people when he was alive.
Eugene Cobb was another guy who played in that parts game, as did Barry Martin, Kevin Yash and Alex Heller. You recognize any of those names?

Tom V.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:47 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
For being the expert on all Pontiac stuff in the Detroit area, you sure are lacking on some basic knowledge.

Roger Lee has been dead for many years.
He screwed a lot of people when he was alive.
Eugene Cobb was another guy who played in that parts game, as did Barry Martin and Kevin Yash. You recognize any of those names?

Tom V.
NEVER said I was a Expert JUST a Drag Racer and I met a lot of people AT the Drag Strip RACING in my 47 year RACING life!
Tom....who cares, hows that name dropping going! LOL!

GTO George

Old 03-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Boost Engineer

You just wrote some checks and bought some Pontiac Parts. You come across as the wealth of all Pontiac Knowledge in Michigan. You are correct, you just bought some Pontiac Parts and Drag Raced with them. Like thousands of other Pontiac guys, including me, except I dealt with all of the Players, you just bought some parts.

Have a Great Day George.

Tom V.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:27 PM
Suspended

Now you just told me what “I DID” and you have no idea what I did and who I actually know/knew.....typical Tom! LOL!

GTO George

Old 03-21-2018, 12:31 PM

Why do you 2 have to screw up every post in the race section?

ya'll need to get a room

Old 03-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Boost Engineer

Piss off Newby, I have left George alone for some time now. He posted that I did not know people in the Detroit Game. Attacked my credibility.
I just responded with facts as the thread was on its last legs anyway. Go play somewhere else on the kindergarten room. Big people confront other big people when they post lies about them.

Tom V.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Boost Engineer

I have talked to Jim Robertson for several hours at Norwalk about his projects, I think he will forgive me for the last couple of posts.

Tom V.

Old 03-21-2018, 12:50 PM
Suspended

Just having a conversation about Pontiac racers and speed shops, I don’t see a problem. The thread kinda got off track a while ago and I didn’t do it nor is it a
Life and death thing so take a chill pill the sun will come up tomorrow.

GTO George

Old 03-21-2018, 12:58 PM

thanks for the PM Tom shows you true color.

Talked to Jim at Norwalk (still name dropping) who cares???

this post has some great dyno information this is getting clouded by you

Newbie...that is a good one

You have killed more post and no wonder people don't post much to the race section. The need to call the race section the Tom and George pony show