Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
How can I when I don't see a set of rules?
Ultra rules for the most part or you can race chalk. Name on list MF It should be your show dumbazz

I need to get with JC on rules.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 05-21-2014, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

SBC @ 3100lbs

Old 05-21-2014, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If the rules are not 100% ultra then don't call it ultra. I suggest calling it something like my slow a$$ junk can't get out of its own way so I want to create a Pontiac heads up race and make rules around my car". Slicks, 4-links, wheelie bars etc. your kidding me right.
The suggestions or request for ultra rule modifications listed in this post and some of the comments made truly show that most don't have the ability or even a f'ing clue what is involved in heads up racing.
A sportsman tree regardless of foot breaking or delay box IS a timed reaction. With a delay box you can put 1.1 in the box you can put 1.15, 1.120 whatever. That is a timed reaction. If your car is a pos or you can't cut a light, you make up for it with the box. A pro tree is a true reaction. Where is the confusion there?

Old 05-21-2014, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer View Post
If the rules are not 100% ultra then don't call it ultra. I suggest calling it something like my slow a$$ junk can't get out of its own way so I want to create a Pontiac heads up race and make rules around my car". Slicks, 4-links, wheelie bars etc. your kidding me right.
The suggestions or request for ultra rule modifications listed in this post and some of the comments made truly show that most don't have the ability or even a f'ing clue what is involved in heads up racing.
A sportsman tree regardless of foot breaking or delay box IS a timed reaction. With a delay box you can put 1.1 in the box you can put 1.15, 1.120 whatever. That is a timed reaction. If your car is a pos or you can't cut a light, you make up for it with the box. A pro tree is a true reaction. Where is the confusion there?
And how well have you done in "real" ultra rules.....Mr I brought my slicks to ULTRA?

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Straight up Ultra rues would be great and I personally would love to have it that way, but do you think there would be any chance of getting any cars that don't already race Ultra if the rules were not opened up a bit.

I would think you would love it cuz you can run a slick with what I propose, cuz from what I have seen lately and I could be wrong and I mean no disrespect, you cant get down on the 275 to save your azz.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well last year at the yellow bullet race I was the fastest na car in the parking lot regardless of engine type. 2 weeks ago at Cecil I went 5.15 with a trans that had no clutches left in them. Trans was fresh at atco on Saturday but the race was canceled before we made a hit. I'm trying to go out and test ultra legal this weekend. Does that answer your question?

Old 05-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
Straight up Ultra rues would be great and I personally would love to have it that way, but do you think there would be any chance of getting any cars that don't already race Ultra if the rules were not opened up a bit.

I would think you would love it cuz you can run a slick with what I propose, cuz from what I have seen lately and I could be wrong and I mean no disrespect, you cant get down on the 275 to save your azz.
I made 1 pass under power with the 275 this year and went 1.18'. Imagine what I could do if I saved my azz.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
SBC @ 3100lbs
Ultra rules has good parity as they are between platforms. SB NA has not gone any faster that John Snyder NA. And not as fast as Kinsler PA.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 05-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I made 1 pass under power with the 275 this year and went 1.18'. Imagine what I could do if I saved my azz.
Then put your name on the list and show me the back of your car.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 05-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here are the easiest rules for a 1 time Pontiac race.
Na-2900 pounds
Single power adder 3300 pounds. By single no nos w turbo or blower etc.
any rear suspension
No tire bigger then 33 10.5w.
It would be a power adder race but most of those guys will melt their junk to the ground trying to run in the 7,s before eliminations.

Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Then put your name on the list and show me the back of your car.
Haven't you seen enough of it already...

Ultimate Warrior

And if yo dat bad then do it on the 275

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 05-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Ultra rules has good parity as they are between platforms. SB NA has not gone any faster that John Snyder NA. And not as fast as Kinsler PA.
Sb na dont show up. At YB race Boozie was around .03 behind me.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
And if yo dat bad then do it on the 275
I could just tow my junk to milan and crack your azz there in a week and a half... I know I was a popular guy when I showed up there last year...

Old 05-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Haven't you seen enough of it already...
Never been in the other lane with you yet, and I would like to give you an open invite.

You have told me repeatedly how easy you could whoop me so show me at Norwalk in this race. 7 spark plugs if I remember , right. Go ahead and bring 8 , you will need them.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 05-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know if you can get your car to 2900 but if you can, 1136, you might not even be able to see the back of my car. It would get real small. Real fast...

Old 05-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Never been in the other lane with you yet, and I would like to give you an open invite.

You have told me repeatedly how easy you could whoop me so show me at Norwalk in this race. 7 spark plugs if I remember , right. Go ahead and bring 8 , you will need them.
You going to put the Pontiac back in? Maybe 6

Old 05-21-2014, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I don't know if you can get your car to 2900 but if you can, 1136, you might not even be able to see the back of my car. It would get real small. Real fast...
Just put your name on the list, I will have a surprise for you at Norwalk.

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 05-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I say any slick no larger than 30 x 10.5 and any 275 drag radial. For any car. Keep it simple. And if your Pontiac motor -No cid limit.

I would allow tube and back have cars as well and 4 link ,and not have to have interior or mufflers. And allow wheelie bars. Just to try and draw cars in to race.
But the rest I would stay with the Ultra rules. JMO

And Ultra is 1/8 mile.
John if the NA guys get a slick...what about limiting it to the 8.5" deal if the PA guys can't have the pro tire?

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 05-21-2014, 09:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

so much ego so little ultra wins....have you won a single round? just asking.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.