Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-19-2014, 01:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

JDW, Is Micke gona help you out tuning wise?I'm sure you two have had a few conversations since he lives out your way.

Another question I have is what fuel system are you running on that monster?

And a off the wall question I have is ........I was hearing all kinda of rumors about a drag strip going in around Montgomery City ........are they gona get a track out there any time soon? Was it gona be 1/8th or 1/4 I can't remember.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.854@160.12 in Brainerd MN 7/2024
Old 02-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=jdw_poncho;5137913]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
Somebody is projecting...

nice dodge of they question i asked you....your ego won't let you say it because it would show your lack of experience or competence and ruin your self image...I understand how fragile your ego is.

mine dropped a valve..I did not properly ensure radial clearance. I clearly stated that at the time in the dyno thread that I checked depth but rushed and did not check with clay also. Look it up. I did not blame anyone else or hide the truth I even posted pictures for all to see.

I'm making sense, just not agreeing with you so you don't understand what it means....

Don't be so sure of your yourself or your advantage.....you still have to run the thing without it dying and parts do break...in the real world where racing happens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sure are stretching the conversation a bit....

Go back and read my last response. I told you exactly what I’ve done, no issues with my ego. Its the truth, I said it earlier. I’ve never been fast.

Started my build in 2009-2010. Took a couple years to get the chassis done and everything put back together. All the while I was buying/building all of my parts to finish the engine. Finished the engine first so I put it on a dyno in 2011 ( I think). I had less than stellar results because I purchased a used set of eheads that I never should have bought. I also assumed the dyno operator knew more than me so I paid him to tune it for me. He failed because of his so-called knowledge of the FAST classic system.

I didn’t force him to tune the engine in open loop following the TPS like I did before he got it. I should have been more forceful and demanded it. But I’m paying him $1500 so he should know best right....

He let it get lean because he was trying to run it in closed loop while running methanol. Unfortunately that doesn’t work with the classic system. EGT's got above 1300° and it was still climbing when it torched the head.

So in other words my inexperience and his over-confidence hurt my engine. I decided to buy the cv-1's and it took me a year to get the heads and all of the hot/cold side tubing made up to fit them. Everything I built for the eheads was scraped.

In the mean time I put the car together and built another engine to take on drag week. We didn’t get it finished until we got to the track on Sunday. I pushed it way to hard and made some shortcuts just to make it. That caught up to me and I didn’t make the next day.

See- I’m human and have no issues talking about my experience with fast cars.

Did that help make your point?

Did I call out every person in this post? Nope, I just alluded to racing Lil Jack and Kinsler. It’s all an observation.

Ok let’s move on to the next subject. You are one dumb MF'r if you think I would interview someone like I respond to you posts on the internet. I explained the technique, I didn’t say I direct the entire interview that way. Geesh you are slow, do I need to detail everything out to you? Typical Ops manager

Ive already been to the track. Ive also put at least 200 miles on the street. Im sure I'll be fine until I break it again.
GOT IT! LOL!
Hey there sharpie, you're the one that said you use that technique as a personality test not me.....I know all about you now. It sounded great when you said it and thought it gave you the upper hand. Now that its been pointed out how neurotic that style of personality attack(its not a test) would be. Then you switch to that would be ridiculous and anybody that thought you did that would be an idiot.....except you.

I ask interviewed candidates difficult questions too. You carry on with your retarded pickle nonsense. I will continue asking them relevant questions that cause them to sort through their emotions prior to giving and answer.

You still have no Idea what I do or my background.....funny you keep insisting that I am some kind of failure....and you are the one still aspiring to be what you claim you are(at least as far as cars go). I'm pretty comfortable in what I do and my capabilities so if it makes you feel bigger to make gasping baseless claims continue I guess.

I hope you have better luck on the next engine. The learning curve is sharp with power adders. Just try settling down a bit and get some track time. Then you can start getting all frisky with callouts. YOU SHOULD have more than enough for jeff and possibly jack. It would seem that you should know by now its not a gimmie. Nothing new here.....

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.

Last edited by mike leech; 02-19-2014 at 02:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_poncho View Post
I'm not going bitter.

I didn't call out a n/a car, re-read my comments. I was merely pointing out I would race someone without stipulations like your buddy, pickle.

Will you have a car at Norwalk?

Yes

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 02-19-2014, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I've read lots of books, what does that have to do with anything? You're not making much sense, it's just reaction at this point.

You have nothing, you can't run much faster than 8.50's and you cant cover me. Count on it pickle.
And how fast have you gone in that twin turbo car so far?

Not faster then 8.50!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post

Not faster then 8.50!
JDW Poncho.......... If you have the money to burn........get ahold of a fella by the last name Petty give him some race pack info and I'm sure he could get you sorted out pretty quick! It would be the best money you ever spent! I'm sure Travis Q . Would back me up on that one.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.854@160.12 in Brainerd MN 7/2024
Old 02-19-2014, 01:01 PM

Dumbest thread in the race section in a long time.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hp 400 dave For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 01:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/st 54 View Post
JDW, Is Micke gona help you out tuning wise?I'm sure you two have had a few conversations since he lives out your way.

And a off the wall question I have is ........I was hearing all kinda of rumors about a drag strip going in around Montgomery City ........are they gona get a track out there any time soon? Was it gona be 1/8th or 1/4 I can't remember.

You talking about Ryan and Mark Micke ?

ph. 248-259-6696
Old 02-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:

I've never talked to Mark Mickie, never even thought about him.

I'm running a A1000 for the street and a Weldon mechanical fuel pump for the M1. I just just moved it to the back of the car and using a cable drive.

I'm not really sure what's going with the drag strip. I think he ran into issues with neighbors. I've heard many reasons why it's not up and running yet but it's all hearsay at this point. I wish it would work out for them, we have a lot of cars willing to come back out if it opened. No one wants to drive 2.5 to 3.5 hours to a track.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
JDW Poncho.......... If you have the money to burn........get ahold of a fella by the last name Petty give him some race pack info and I'm sure he could get you sorted out pretty quick! It would be the best money you ever spent! I'm sure Travis Q . Would back me up on that one.
I'm paying another guy to help me. I've tried to hire a couple guys but never received any feedback so I moved on.

I'm not a beginner to using efi, I'm comfortable with the fast system now. I'll be using this guy to help me keep from doing something stupid.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:

Not faster then 8.50!
I was able to use my gps and tracked the fastest speed of 57.7 mph. Does that count for anything?

Old 02-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE=mike leech;5137941]
Quote:
GOT IT! LOL!
Hey there sharpie, you're the one that said you use that technique as a personality test not me.....I know all about you now. It sounded great when you said it and thought it gave you the upper hand. Now that its been pointed out how neurotic that style of personality attack(its not a test) would be. Then you switch to that would be ridiculous and anybody that thought you did that would be an idiot.....except you.

I ask interviewed candidates difficult questions too. You carry on with your retarded pickle nonsense. I will continue asking them relevant questions that cause them to sort through their emotions prior to giving and answer.

You still have no Idea what I do or my background.....funny you keep insisting that I am some kind of failure....and you are the one still aspiring to be what you claim you are(at least as far as cars go). I'm pretty comfortable in what I do and my capabilities so if it makes you feel bigger to make gasping baseless claims continue I guess.

I hope you have better luck on the next engine. The learning curve is sharp with power adders. Just try settling down a bit and get some track time. Then you can start getting all frisky with callouts. YOU SHOULD have more than enough for jeff and possibly jack. It would seem that you should know by now its not a gimmie. Nothing new here.....
You mean to tell me you finally figured out I was pulling the wool over your eyes?

Good for you!!!

Old 02-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp 400 dave View Post
I agree. It rates right up there with some of the other thread Mike has been apart of.

So you think this thread is dumber than the other threads that were locked down or the 2014 prediction thread from kinser? I'd say its on the same level.

It started out as me giving the troublemakers a hard time they took it well and laughed off most of it.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I've never talked to Mark Mickie, never even thought about him.

I'm running a A1000 for the street and a Weldon mechanical fuel pump for the M1. I just just moved it to the back of the car and using a cable drive.

I'm not really sure what's going with the drag strip. I think he ran into issues with neighbors. I've heard many reasons why it's not up and running yet but it's all hearsay at this point. I wish it would work out for them, we have a lot of cars willing to come back out if it opened. No one wants to drive 2.5 to 3.5 hours to a track.
2.5 to 3.5 hours - damn -- man up - welcome to the west coast

Old 02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
X2
Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene simmons View Post
X2
Inquiring minds want to know.
Ive said it a couple times already, I wasnt being a smart ass. I just havent done anything worth talking about.

The main reason I havent discussed my track outings is because it wasnt about the 1/8 or 1/4 mile times were right off the trailer. I was only looking to work on my tune and make sure the car could do a burn out, a few 60' launches and make sure it wasnt popping and cracking 100' after the hit.

I had issues with building boost and getting the car to leave. I was also meeting the guy that I hired to help me tune. He came in and changed a few things while recommending I make more changes.

I didnt go down there to do anything except a few burn outs and get comfortable with the car. I still needed to work on getting my license passes in but I wanted to test it first. Gateway was more than happy to let me make a few short hits and not try to run it out the back without a license. The guy laughed at me when I told him I would stay under 12secs in the 1/4 mile. I explained my situation and he was fine with giving me a tech car as long as I knew they would be watching.

Dont forget Ive never been in a high HP car that Ive built from the ground up. Thats a lot of parts to make work after 3 years of building.

I promise to post up a few video's when I start making some passes.

See, not much info to talk about yet.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdw_poncho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp 400 dave View Post
You must have amnesia

Tom Syron

Old 02-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Ive said it a couple times already, I wasnt being a smart ass. I just havent done anything worth talking about.
I may not have seen it through all of the BS in these threads.
Its easy to miss something when you have to use the page down button,because of long signatures and quotes.
If you make it to eddyville this year,it would be nice to see the car.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Dont forget Ive never been in a high HP car that Ive built from the ground up. Thats a lot of parts to make work after 3 years of building.

Amen, brother! That's exactly the way I felt years ago when I first started testing with my Tempest.

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 02-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=jdw_poncho;5138219]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post

You mean to tell me you finally figured out I was pulling the wool over your eyes?

Good for you!!!

Quote:
I agree. It rates right up there with some of the other thread Mike has been apart of.

So you think this thread is dumber than the other threads that were locked down or the 2014 prediction thread from kinser? I'd say its on the same level.

It started out as me giving the troublemakers a hard time they took it well and laughed off most of it.

Quote:

I promise to post up a few video's when I start making some passes.

See, not much info to talk about yet.
yeah...ok...i think you just pulled the wool off your own eyes, and few others...some of us have been at this a while.

Was the kinsler thread ridiculous? yes. At the end of norwalk We'll see who's joke thread comes closer. I bet wilke peeing on jacks tire is very likely. Jacks gotta sleep sometime.

Seriously I hope you have a lot better time tuning and running that thing. It should be a beast. Like I said keep us posted sounds like some good hardware.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I've tried to hire a couple guys but never received any feedback so I moved on.
Did you give him your pickle test? possibly why they never gave feed back?

I couldn't help myself. I tried.

Last edited by mike leech; 02-19-2014 at 09:00 PM.