THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Senior Chief

Jim, you have had a fantastic 60years Pontiackin and even though racing may no longer be in your future, I agree with the overwhelming majority of sentiments expressed here. THANK YOU for sharing your knowledge and experiences. We all have better performing Pontiacs as a result.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jim, we thank you for your contributions to our obsession with Pontiacs. Your book was mulled over and over again before starting the engine rebuild of my relic 421ho. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience and I wish you all the best.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 AM

Jim,
I love the book, a belated happy birthday to you, and keep participating in some way!
We're very glad you're still with us - keep active!
Thanks again!
Joe Z - 69 428 HO 4spd GP

Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow Jim, there are no words. I too feel like I've known you though we've never met. I've followed you over the years in HPP, and of course I devoured your book when it came out.

I can only offer what others have said... thank you so much for your contributions to the Pontiac hobby, and God bless you and all that is important to you.

'74 Bonneville 4dr Sedan (455/TH400/2.93 open)
'72 LeMans GT (455/M-13/3.23 [8.5"] posi)
'71 GTO Hardtop (400/TH400/3.07 12 bolt posi)
‘71 GTO Convertible (455HO/TH400/3.23 posi)
'67 GTO Coupe (455/ST-10/2.93 posi)
'67 Tempest Wagon (428/TH400/2.56 posi)

Deuteronomy 8:3
Old 03-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Senior Chief

Default Thanks again

Jim, your book was a God-sent to me with all the super information in an easy to follow and understandable manner in which it was written. I hope you realize how much you have done for the common Pontiac " garageista' " like me working by myself, trying to build a Pontiac that requires some expertise and practical help--- thanks again for sharing--- take care of yourself and please don't be a stranger to the PY forums--Lee

Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Suspended

Jim, wishing you the best at whatever life throws at you

Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i call first dibbs on the wagon!!!! lol.

thank you Jim. i have also bought and read your book. good luck in whatever the future brings!

Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Performance Pontiac Author

I have read and enjoyed all of the posts above. All of the good wishes, and positive comments about our efforts to transfer automotive information, are sincerely appreciated. I wish I could contact and thank each of you directly but unfortunately, that is not practical. Hearing the good feedback on our book really makes our day - it was quite a project!

So will simply say "thanks to all". I have been working on the wagon and it now has the quietest good mufflers available (Dynomax Super Turbos), power steering, stock iron intake, stock shocks and springs, home made dual snorkel air cleaner, and standard radials all around - (won't need the Mickey DOT's anymore). Plan to change the 3.55 back to 3.31 when I feel up to it. I do expect to post occasionally.

Jim Hand

Old 03-11-2012, 07:09 AM

Jim, I hear that being retired can keep a man pretty busy but if you can find the time how about posting a video of the wagon in this new configuration (sleeper mode). Maybe a couple minutes of it sitting in the driveway, with the new tires, at idle would be fantastic.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Hood View Post
Jim, I hear that being retired can keep a man pretty busy but if you can find the time how about posting a video of the wagon in this new configuration (sleeper mode). Maybe a couple minutes of it sitting in the driveway, with the new tires, at idle would be fantastic.
Yeah Jim, if it wasn't to much trouble, a little inspiration goes a long way in keeping our Darksider dreams alive Thanks Lee

Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 PM

Jim, thanks for your contribution to the Pontiac world.

I remember reading through topics at Classical Pontiac many years ago where you patiently responded back and forth with some people who seemed intent to get your "Goat" - after all, "you can't get a Pontiac to run fast with factory parts!" ...Class act all the way. All the best. - Bob

Old 03-12-2012, 08:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you to Jim and the entire Hand family for your contribution to the Pontiac racer and performance hobby community. Your willingness to do so much research and share it with so many is really a rare combo.

And, I hope that you have a fun and rewarding retirement