Old 07-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Senior Chief

Nick, you are correct, there is an earlier typo, the rear tires are 255/50/R17, not 35s.

Here is a thumbnail from my photobucket page, I think you can get to all the pix I have of the Vintage Air install. Not sure what you need, I am basically following their instructions with a few twists. I smoothed the firewall and I brought the AC lines through the upper firewall as opposed to running them through the vent area.
PM me if you have specific questions.

'67 Corvette Coupe 327, Tremec 5 Spd-SOLD
2010 Camaro 2SS-Traded
2015 Z51/3LT Corvette Stingray, Laguna Blue
'67 GTO, 428, tripower, RS 600, finally done
Old 08-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Senior Chief

Default More Progress

Well, I see it has been about a month since I last updated this thread. I have gotten a lot done when I can get at it. Summer is a busy time, even though this is the time I would like to get this project finished. Thanks to all who have chimed in and provided positive input and comments. Much appreciated. Things have been moving along well as I have gotten the side windows in, headliner, weatherstrip, wiring for a late model reaview mirror with temp/compass, drip moldings, mirrors, fender to cowl seals and started on the door panels. I am slowly getting rid of boxes in my garage and basement as this thing comes together.

Here are some pix of the progress:
Rearview mirror and wiring.

I am running the wires for power, temp, ground and reverse across roof and down C pillar similar to dome light. They come out under rear quarter interior panel and then across floor to firewall. Power is when key "ON" and the temp sending unit will be mounted on radiator core support.

Headliner got installed Friday afternoon by an acquaintance that does interiors for Gulfstream Jets. I think he is qualified. Did a great job in about 4 hours! Thanks Barney!

Turned out fantastic!

Also got the FatMat on the doors and installed the windows, weatherstripping and door panels.

Also used the inner door protectors.

Finshed driver side door.

Things are moving along nicely but I still need to complete the sail panels for the headliner(Barney didn't like the shape of the Legendary panels so he is going to re-do them). I will get the other three door/side panels on, then carpeting. Still need to get front end mounted but right now body shop is busy, so whenever I can sneak this back in I'll have the front clip on.

Some issues that need to be resolved:

1) Brakes have been bled(to death!) still soft.
2) Set/adjust pinion angle of rear end.
3) Finish up install of Vintage Air system and get charged.
4) Determine reason for 2" differance in height between left and right side.
5) Get windshield and rear glass installed.
6) Install glovebox, console, rest of interior.

So as you can see, I am still a ways out, but getting there. Chime in with any help/comments-all are welcome.

Later

2010 Camaro 2SS-Traded
Old 08-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Legendary's sail panels are the most correct of any other brand I've seen.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Senior Chief

Gary,

Yes,they were very nice, we just compared them to the originals that I have and they were a little off. Barney, being the meticulus individual he is, wanted to tweak them a little so they fit perfectly. I can appreciate that. Overall, Legendary is the best in the business and I would recommend their products to anyone.

2010 Camaro 2SS-Traded
Old 08-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

John, PUI's sail panels are crap. Don't ask me how I know. Massage the Legendary panels to the originals and use them. Or recover the originals if you can and reuse them.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 08-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The headliner installation looks great. I've done one & know how hard it is to get it looking that good. I love this car! Keep up the good work. Jerry.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:23 AM

I dont know, here is a picture of my PUI sail panels, and I dont think they came out too bad. Your head liner looks great, excellent color match with your exterior color!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_4848.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	373399  

Old 08-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Senior Chief

Default Sail Panels

Dudes-Relax...

My earlier comment about the Legendary sail panels was not intended to criticize Legendary's panels or PUI's. I believe that Legendary makes a better interior, but that is my opinion and that of many others. I am sure there are a lot of satisfied PUI customers as well. The reason for my comment was to explain why the headliner wasn't finished yet. Barney, my installer, is very meticulous(aka-anal), and didn't like the shape of the purchased panels so he made new panels exactly duplicating the originals, which I had. They came out great. I'm sure the panels as received could have been used to the satisfaction of many. No doubt Legendary has someone stamp out these panels and they probably fit all GM A bodies for that year. Anyway, here is a pic of the FINISHED headliner with sail panels.

Here is the driver's side with all panels installed along with armrests and handles. All weatherstripping is in also.

Now to get the back seat and carpet in. I also need to correct an issue I have with the turn signal indicators on the dash that is giving me a problem. I hate taking the dash out again, but that's what it's gonna take.

I love this hobby....

2010 Camaro 2SS-Traded
Old 08-17-2014, 12:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You check the bulbs and sockets? I just went through that and had my instrument panel out twice but it wound up being a problem with the front socket.
It really threw me because I'd been working on the instrument panel lighting and when I put it back in, problems with the turn signals and e-flasher.
Almost unheard of for something like that to happen and NOT be related to what was changed.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi John-

Did you purchase new windlace caps, or reuse your originals? Your interior looks fantastic! If you purchased new ones who did you buy them from? I bought mine from PY, they don't fit at all. Good luck and thanks for the great pics!!

2006 GTO Phantom Black 6spd.
1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air.
1976 LE Trans Am 50th Anniversary Edition with T top.
1976 Formula 350.
1977 Grand Prix Model J 350.
1978 Trans am 400 Pontiac.
1979 Trans am 403 Olds.
1968 Olds 442.
1971 TR6.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Senior Chief

Charles-The windlace caps are used originals I found on Craigslist from a guy in Florida liquidating his GTO inventory. Note that the windlace on the upper edge is from Legendary and was white and I painted to match using SEM flexible paint, holds very well and matches well too. The windlace along the door edge is from PY and came as parchment in color. It matches well also and is a bit wider than the other stuff. I thought there would be enough from the Legendary purchase, but there is only enough for the roofline, so if you are in the process of doing an interior color change as this, keep it in mind. Just an FYI.

I had the wireless romote for the exhaust cutouts mounted under the rear seat. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but when I went to install rear seat the metal webbing on the underside of the seat frame was too low and took out the transmitter.

So I ended up moving it to under the package tray. Works fine and is out of the way, really slick!

Here is a pic of the rear seat all in and done! Now to get the front buckets completed and the console and carpet in...

2010 Camaro 2SS-Traded
Old 08-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Did the Fatmat make it difficult to install the door panels?

-1967 GTO HO Restomod. PKMM 433ci, SilverSport T56 Magnum 6spd, Moser 9", SC&C and a bunch of other pro touring goodies

- Build Thread
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...615847&page=23
Old 08-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Senior Chief

Nick-

Nope, they fit just like they are supposed to. I had the same thought that they may be too thick and bulky, but they fit just fine with sound deadener behind door panel.

2010 Camaro 2SS-Traded
Old 08-23-2014, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good to know! Thanks

One more thing. How much fat mat did you have to buy to cover your whole interior?

-1967 GTO HO Restomod. PKMM 433ci, SilverSport T56 Magnum 6spd, Moser 9", SC&C and a bunch of other pro touring goodies

- Build Thread
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...615847&page=23
Old 08-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Senior Chief

Nick-
See post #35.

2010 Camaro 2SS-Traded
Old 08-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePackFan View Post
Some issues that need to be resolved:

1) Brakes have been bled(to death!) still soft.

I recently had this issue with my 70 LeMans Sport and it took a while, I even built a successful pressure bleeder but that was not enough. I made a plug for the master cylinder ports (an old line and fitting with the line folded several times and flattened), then plugged the front port. Brakes were still soft, so I re-bled the front brakes and plugged the rear port. Now I had a hard pedal, so that indicated the trouble was in my rear brake circuit. The notorious rear brake hose must be the problem. Well, it was part of the problem. Now the left rear would bleed (originally the rears wouldn't bleed at all without a pressure bleeder) but the right side wouldn't. I replaced the right wheel cylinder and that fixed the problem. Maybe that will help, good luck.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Senior Chief

Again, it's been awhile since my last post. For those of you watching, thanks for staying with me. Been busy the last couple months finishing up summer and getting ready for winter, etc. Also, got my dash back in, turns out my short in the turn signal indicator is due to switch in steering column. Ordered a new Made in U.S.A. on from Shee-Mar, Inc. and need to put that in yet. I finally was able to get car back to body shop for final installation of front end. Also had glass shop install new windshield and replace rear glass pluss all reveal moldings. Sure makes a differance.

Here it is on the ride home.

It looks pretty low so I will have to do something about that.

Body shop also gave it a final buff and ready for wax, then on to final exterior trim and finish up wiring and interior.

Also need to adjust windows and work out all the bugs that are being generated.

More to come...

2010 Camaro 2SS-Traded
Old 10-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Boy that interior looks nice!

Old 10-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Exterior ain't too shabby either.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:36 AM
Senior Chief

The color looks great but im partial to it and the wheels, just dont see that look to often.