Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 06-11-2023, 11:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
A 28% return ratio? Yikes!! LOL
I’m willing to admit it’s a lot but there is nothing stock on the car really and for example I ordered the rear swaybar that was supposed to match everything else and it did but… it wouldn’t clear the jack pad on the 9 inch. Stuff like that. I wasn’t exchanging stuff for the hell of it.

Old 06-11-2023, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That's just the way custom stuff is when building these hot rods. Sometimes, well honestly most of the time, modifications are necessary.

I'm not blaming you, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone having a 28% return ratio, or even heard of a company that bothered to tally up the numbers before for that matter LOL It's just a bit comical to me more than anything.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 06-11-2023, 02:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

28% is steep and I totally understand having to return the stuff but imagine if lots of folks do that - they can’t resell the items so I assume it eats into their bottom line one way or another and eventually it makes it hard on everyone else. It’s like Costco’s unlimited return policy- used to be for all items but many started buying TVs just for big sporting events and then returning. Now their return policy excludes TVs and computer/electronics with ECUs. I still see people dragging in old worn items bought years prior and beyond the reasonable life cycle for cash back. Sooner or later that will result in stricter limits

'69 Firebird 400/461, 290+ E D-Ports, HR 230/236, 4l80E, 8.5 Rear, 3.55 gears
‘66 Lemans, 455, KRE D-Ports, TH350, 12 bolt 3.90 gears
'64 LeMans 400/461, #16 Heads, HR 230/236, TKO600, 9inch Rear, 3.89 gears (Traded)
'69 LeMans Vert, 350, #47 heads: Non-running project
Old 06-11-2023, 08:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
28% is steep and I totally understand having to return the stuff but imagine if lots of folks do that - they can’t resell the items so I assume it eats into their bottom line one way or another and eventually it makes it hard on everyone else. It’s like Costco’s unlimited return policy- used to be for all items but many started buying TVs just for big sporting events and then returning. Now their return policy excludes TVs and computer/electronics with ECUs. I still see people dragging in old worn items bought years prior and beyond the reasonable life cycle for cash back. Sooner or later that will result in stricter limits
They cracked down here with the whole toilet paper debacle. Remember back when the beer flu hit and everyone was buying up all the toilet paper and paper towels? Well when that all settled down there was a return line at Costco that went around the building, all the people returning toilet paper they didn't need anymore.
Not only were these people ridiculous, Costco here had to put a stop to it and stopped accepting the returns. LOL

If the people were smart, they'd realize they would use it eventually anyway, or be a humanitarian for once and just donate some to charity or your local Goodwill. There are still other people that need it too. Bunch of thoughtless hoards.

I completely understand why business has to eventually put a foot down. To be honest, if I had a customer that kept coming back for this or that expecting refunds to a point it was becoming excessive, I'd probably tell him to start going somewhere else too.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 06-11-2023, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"The customer is always right" is a bunch of crap. MAYBE, decades ago, there was enough societal ethics to make that work. NOT NOW. People can be dirtbags. America is filled with Welfare Parasites.

SOME CUSTOMERS NEED TO BE "FIRED".

Old 06-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
They cracked down here with the whole toilet paper debacle. Remember back when the beer flu hit and everyone was buying up all the toilet paper and paper towels? Well when that all settled down there was a return line at Costco that went around the building, all the people returning toilet paper they didn't need anymore.
Not only were these people ridiculous, Costco here had to put a stop to it and stopped accepting the returns. LOL

If the people were smart, they'd realize they would use it eventually anyway, or be a humanitarian for once and just donate some to charity or your local Goodwill. There are still other people that need it too. Bunch of thoughtless hoards.

I completely understand why business has to eventually put a foot down. To be honest, if I had a customer that kept coming back for this or that expecting refunds to a point it was becoming excessive, I'd probably tell him to start going somewhere else too.
Absolutely ridiculous- WTH is wrong with people? I remember how difficult it was getting the paper goods there in 2020. If everyone bought only what they actually needed there would have been enough for everyone…smdh

'69 Firebird 400/461, 290+ E D-Ports, HR 230/236, 4l80E, 8.5 Rear, 3.55 gears
‘66 Lemans, 455, KRE D-Ports, TH350, 12 bolt 3.90 gears
'64 LeMans 400/461, #16 Heads, HR 230/236, TKO600, 9inch Rear, 3.89 gears (Traded)
'69 LeMans Vert, 350, #47 heads: Non-running project