THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-12-2021, 12:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Total USPS meltdown here, and it's a week after the snowstorm. Not one package in the last week has arrived on time. Noticed Amazon switched me over to UPS a couple of weeks ago because so many items were late, looks like that put me back on USPS and the late items are piling up again..
As a former Yankee (Clifton Park) and seasonal UPS worker (Latham depot)...this doesn't surprise me. Similar USPS issues down south, but not to the level you are experiencing. Of course, we don't have the snow impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbking View Post
(3) Some of you recommending autopay have obviously never had to CANCEL an autopay account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! It took us 3 months PLUS assistance from folks at the Attorney General's hotline. Glaciers will again cover southern California (reworded old cliche) before we will set up another autopay!
Amen...never again for me either. I appreciate the convenience, but not worth the aggravation...especially when the bill the wrong amount (no...that never happens )

1970 GTO (Granada Gold) - 400 / TH400
Old 02-12-2021, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As far as the vehicle maintenance, it sounds like the adage, I've been doing so much, with so little, for so long, that you expect, I can do anything, with nothing, I've been in that position before working for others. And to think at one time I tried to get into the post office doing vehicle maintenance, maybe a good thing I didn't....LOL

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 02-12-2021, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Vertigo ... I'm in Saratoga ... so I would have been your neighbor.

Personally I was good with the PO being a government entity like it was in the 70's. A few billion a year to have one of the best mail services in the world wasn't a bad deal.

I remember the beautiful modern post offices with carports full of well maintained vehicles, all the Mail-persons in crisp neat uniforms. But then the typical government employee back in the 70's when people really appreciated job security and the great benefits is a far cry from what we have now. The employees back then seemed to truly have pride in their occupation, and the PO was also very proud of it's reliability. No one joked about the PO back then, they got a lot of respect because they did the job very well. I remember when there were kids that actually wanted to be a mailman when they grew up, just like a fireman, policeman or astronaut.

Old 02-12-2021, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, the PO is F'ed ... just tracked a package going from a NY location to a NY location ... had to go within 10 miles of my house on the way ... kept going, now it's in New Hampshire. Bizarre way to do business.

Old 02-12-2021, 08:58 PM
Suspended

I had one just before the holidays that took the scenic route.

Georgia to California to its destination.... New York

Old 02-12-2021, 09:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just received a 5 lb 'Media Mail' package from Rhode Island. Media Mail is supposedly the slowest.
Seven days to San Diego which surprised me. I figured two to three weeks at least with all the storms between SD and New England.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express
2024 Cadillac LYRIQ

Old 02-13-2021, 07:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Vertigo ... I'm in Saratoga ... so I would have been your neighbor.
Nice...Shen graduate here. Moved South in '98 to flee the long winters. Lots of family still there.

Old 02-16-2021, 08:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Package has been trying to make it's way the last 30 miles for three days now. Wonder if it will get here today. They did kindly update me today that it was "arriving late" ... so even their late notices are days late

Old 02-17-2021, 12:28 PM
PY VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
But when it affects the bills, it becomes a big problem, when the statements are late and they charge us interest and late fees. We’re pretty old School and Mike doesn’t trust auto paying for anything. He don’t even have his own personal cell phone only a company one. Doesn’t use a computer, and I had to fight like hell to get him to agree to a credit card. Very frustrating!!
I pay my online bills with a credit card. That way, if there is a problem, the bank is more likely to investigate because it's THEIR money, not mine. I just pay for everything in one secure transaction on the credit card website. Done...

Founding Editor-in-Chief, Poncho Perfection Magazine (October 1, 2015- present)
www.ponchoperfection.com
Contributing Editor: Collectible Automobile (1999- present)

Author:
"Grand Prix: Pontiac's Luxury Performance Car" (Released April 27, 2007)
"How to Restore Your Pontiac GTO" (Released July 15, 2012)
"Pontiac Concept and Show Cars, 1939-1980" (Release Date April, 2016)

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."
Old 02-17-2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Keefe View Post
I pay my online bills with a credit card. That way, if there is a problem, the bank is more likely to investigate because it's THEIR money, not mine. I just pay for everything in one secure transaction on the credit card website. Done...

Yeah I think Mike and I are going to wake up to technology we’re pretty old School where our accounts and personal info is concerned, I still have a very basic LG flip phone, no fancy i phones or smart phones. But I think maybe it’s time to set up a few auto pay accounts to avoid situations such as failed mail delivery. to make sure our credit isn’t at risk because bills are late getting to me to get payments to them, as well as oil and propane auto deliveries.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 02-17-2021, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My credit card, and I'm sure others too, allows me to generate single use CC numbers on the fly on my computer or phone. You buy something from a online merchant, when it comes to check out the app pops up and offers to generate a single use number, even fills in the numbers for you. In my case it's for my Capital One card, but I'm sure some others have the feature too.

Old 02-17-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
My credit card, and I'm sure others too, allows me to generate single use CC numbers on the fly on my computer or phone. You buy something from a online merchant, when it comes to check out the app pops up and offers to generate a single use number, even fills in the numbers for you. In my case it's for my Capital One card, but I'm sure some others have the feature too.

I cannot do apps on my phone, and it’s a very simple little phone to keep in my pocket so I really don’t want a new phone, I have never had a single problem with my little LG Flip phone. I don’t do well with change or things I don’t understand and get frustrated over. I’m not computer savvy at all! My Daughter has to help me with a lot of things with the computer.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 02-17-2021, 02:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I would recommend direct credit card payments vs. auto-pay. It can become a nightmare to cancel/get out of auto-pay programs with some merchants in my experience.

Old 02-17-2021, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I cannot do apps on my phone, and it’s a very simple little phone to keep in my pocket so I really don’t want a new phone, I have never had a single problem with my little LG Flip phone. I don’t do well with change or things I don’t understand and get frustrated over. I’m not computer savvy at all! My Daughter has to help me with a lot of things with the computer.
I'm not alone

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
Old 02-17-2021, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I mailed a package via USPS priority mail last week. It was supposed to reach it's destination yesterday but is still in transit! Georgia to Massachusetts.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:45 AM

I have Amazon Prime and pay extra for the shipping. Now with this delayed mail service I’m not getting that, but Amazon is not giving credit or refunds for it.

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 02-18-2021, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
But when it affects the bills, it becomes a big problem, when the statements are late and they charge us interest and late fees. We’re pretty old School and Mike doesn’t trust auto paying for anything. He don’t even have his own personal cell phone only a company one. Doesn’t use a computer, and I had to fight like hell to get him to agree to a credit card. Very frustrating!!
Sounds as if the problem is somewhat self inflicted! Following some of the advice you have received in this thread would certainly improve your situation!

1968 Lemans. 37,000 original miles. GTO clone. 462ci/KRE 290 heads. UltraDyne 280/288 Solid/850 Qjet by Cliff/Performer RPM/TSP 9.5" in TH400/8.5" 3.42 gears/3950# Race weight/12.58@106 at Bandimere speedway high altitude
Old 02-18-2021, 11:35 AM
Suspended

Still waiting on an item that was sent via USPS Priority on the 12th and is only 2-1/2 hours down state.

Is that "self inflicted"?

USPS should charge half price for a half ass job.

Old 02-18-2021, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Even though had record cold and snow this month, all delivery services are still rite on time.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 02-18-2021, 12:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief of the 60's View Post
USPS should charge half price for a half ass job.
"Half-fast"...