Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 05:07 AM
Senior Chief

DragNcar,

You really need to get some new material for your rants. It's obvious that you keep going back to the Idiot Zone (fake news) to get your talking points, because they are the same old tired lines.

For starters, if you are insinuating that I got my heads and intake for free, you are listening to the wrong people. Jim is a working stiff just like you and me. He is not independently wealthy and therefore cannot afford to hand out free products. I pay my own way.

Additionally, I have never had a cracked seat, burned plug or any “horrific cracks”. While anything can happen, that is certainly not the norm.

Your description of my last run at Norwalk last year as “seething with heat” is right out of PZ's fake news playbook: “If you don't know what happened, you just make something up”. As we have explained before, ( but some people have selective comprehension) we came to Norwalk with one cylinder down on compression, due to a nitrous switch mishap the week prior at BIR. Crap happens – just like your trans brake. There wasn't time to fix it before Norwalk and I made the decision to run it anyway. We pulled some power out of that cylinder and it lasted several runs before getting worse. Then it pushed some oil out one valve cover onto the header. That was the smoke. I'm sure it looked worse than it was. But obviously, I didn't need to “check it out” as I already knew what was wrong. This was explained in detail after Norwalk here on PY, but apparently you or Lou didn't get the memo. After I got home, I took it apart, put in a sleeve, a new piston and back together. Not an uncommon repair in the nitrous world – that's why you buy 12. Rumors have swirled that things were far worse because we haven't been out this year. Actually no, our plate has been full with other non-car related things this year and as the season started slipping by, I honestly wasn't as motivated. But will probably get it together and out this fall.

If you think I'm only making 1150 hp, you need to do the math over again. Pushing a 3100 lbs. Car to 180 mph takes a bit more power than that. We made nearly 1100 hp NA on the dyno – over 40 pulls to 8500 rpm without issue. In spite of some self proclaimed experts opining that the valve angles were all wrong, apparently the valve angles, pushrod angles and rocker arm geometry are rock solid after all. If I was only running 50 hp of nitrous, then yes it would “stay alive” indefinitely.

You say the heads have a problem. What exactly IS the problem, as you see it? Is it because Gaby said so? And where is Gaby now? The trouble with putting someone on a pedestal, is that they only have one direction to go from there. You may have noticed that even the ECM boys no longer run Gaby heads and Curt Geise finally had enough of him too. I have owned Gaby heads and I now own Bill Anderson heads. There is absolutely no comparison – not even close. The quality of workmanship, attention to detail and total understanding of how and why things work together is second to none. Plus Bill's CV-1's heads out flow Gaby's heads by well over 10%. And this is the guy you considered expert enough to critique the CV-1's? There is a reason why the Top Dogs in unlimited Pro Stock have Bill Anderson heads on them. Not Gaby heads. And yes, those are NA motors – 828 cubic inches. Is that Top Dog enough for you? There are a handful of elite head porters in this country – real gunslingers. Bill Anderson is in that company. Not believing so, does not change that. While it is not their practice to bad mouth another head porter, when Gaby's name is mentioned, they just smirk and shake their heads. Enough said. I have never called myself a Top Dog. But can you name another back-halved nitrous Pontiac in the country that can out run me? Perhaps you need to revise your Top Dog narratives.

Mike Leech pushed the envelope with his motor to prove a point – but at great cost. People want to overlook the many times that motor broke parts. And you want to talk about reliability? It is fair to say that if anyone else ever decides to build a max effort NA Pontiac motor, it won't be with E-heads, when there are so many other better castings out there to start with.

I know you are being fed the lie that Bill is an idiot and an A-hole. But I have found that if you don't kick a guy in the nuts, your chances of getting along are much better. Bill and Jim bring a tremendous amount of knowledge and capability to the table and are willing to share what they know to help Pontiac enthusiasts. If they don't know the answer to something, they are honest enough to admit it while finding someone who does. It's all about networking with some of the brightest and the best to give you the help you need. Not some has-been plumber who is mad at the world and hides behind his keyboard, throwing darts at those who are on the front lines.

So, do you honestly believe that the head porter at Sonny's Racing Engines, who's heads are on some of the fastest NA cars in the country, is only capable of working on lawn mower engines? Could you be any more ignorant or insulting? What kind of response did you expect?

Like I said, you need some new material.

Dick Fulton

Old 08-29-2017, 08:04 AM
Senior Chief

Bill Anderson, Jim and Dick Fulton TTFMF!

Figured someone should say it 😁

Old 08-29-2017, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Bill Anderson, Jim and Dick Fulton TTFMF!

Figured someone should say it 😁
... ...

Old 08-29-2017, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird69 View Post
But can you name another back-halved nitrous Pontiac in the country that can out run me? Perhaps you need to revise your Top Dog narratives.
Kinsler and Cosgrove aren't too far behind you.
Any chance you'll go to the Cordova BOP race this fall?

Old 08-29-2017, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Kinsler and Cosgrove aren't back half cars. They are small tire and pretty sure KK is a DOT drag radial car.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:43 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
I doubt if Jeff will be coming to Cordova lol. Yeah, I plan on being there Brian.
On this note I think I can speak for Jeff as well. Our limitation right now is tire and no wheelie bars. For me, especially no wheelie bars. It is an incredible balancing act between blowing off the tires and staying off the bumper. I know, others are going faster with the same rules, so the real limitation is my ability to put it all together.
The point is, I have enough power to run several TENTHS quicker. So does Jeff. You wouldn't believe how much timing we pull to get these things down the track.
BTW, Dragncar, Dick is right. For your own sake you need to stop. Your condescending remarks about people who have accomplished a lot are over the top. On the other hand it is probably too late. Carry on.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosgrove View Post
I doubt if Jeff will be coming to Cordova lol. Yeah, I plan on being there Brian.
Lol oops, didnt mean for my post to read like that. I was asking (or meant to ask) Fulton if he might make Cordova's BOP race.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:05 AM
Senior Chief

My mistake lol. How about it Dick? That would be a great race to shoot for this fall. Me and Brian can come up and help you get your engine back in the car.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:57 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION

Hi Bill, any news on how it is coming a long with the Chief and your and Jims CV1s. Did he have the CV1s on when he won the $100,000.00. Just wondering, Jim was telling me awhile ago that he might have a set going into a Pro Stock. Thanks Maurizio.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Funny how we go from the CV heads aren't as good as E-Heads and now we are saying they aren't that far behind.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 08-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
Funny how we go from the CV heads aren't as good as E-Heads and now we are saying they aren't that far behind.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
I think you need to reread Cosgroves post, he's tire and chassis limited unlike Fulton. Plus Cosgrove and Kinsler are missing a carb compared to Fulton.

Old 08-29-2017, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I think you need to reread Cosgroves post, he's tire and chassis limited unlike Fulton. Plus Cosgrove and Kinsler are missing a carb compared to Fulton.
This **** never stops.

MPH is the guage for power, I'm just repeating the fact that the E-head cars are close to Fulton, but they aren't showing more power, tire limited, carb limited or whatever.

Anyway, just pointed out what was being said, carry on.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 08-29-2017, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
This **** never stops.

MPH is the guage for power, I'm just repeating the fact that the E-head cars are close to Fulton, but they aren't showing more power, tire limited, carb limited or whatever.

Anyway, just pointed out what was being said, carry on.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
The **** will stop when there is undeniable proof, lol.
Put that badass 572 into Fulton's and let it eat!! Call out Langer or Snyder or whoever and put them on the trailer!

Old 08-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
Hi Bill, any news on how it is coming a long with the Chief and your and Jims CV1s. Did he have the CV1s on when he won the $100,000.00. Just wondering, Jim was telling me awhile ago that he might have a set going into a Pro Stock. Thanks Maurizio.
Really enjoy your questions at times.

Hope you are well and happy, Maurizio.
You and Nunzi are a couple of my favorite Italian/Americans.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
The **** will stop when there is undeniable proof, lol.
Put that badass 572 into Fulton's and let it eat!! Call out Langer or Snyder or whoever and put them on the trailer!
What does that prove? I know, that you can not pull a nitrous engine and put in a N/A and not spend a year and big $$$$$$$ on convertors and gears / transmissions if you are going to race a car that has been scientist out for year.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 08-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
What does that prove? I know, that you can not pull a nitrous engine and put in a N/A and not spend a year and big $$$$$$$ on convertors and gears / transmissions if you are going to race a car that has been scientist out for year.

Stan
It wouldn't take a year to sort out, if it does you need to rethink how you're doing things or ask for someone's help if you're that lost.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:40 PM
Boost Engineer

Thought we were discussing the merits of one cylinder head design vs a different cylinder head design vs scheduling a race between two different engines with different carb systems, NOS vs NA engine power, Dry Sump vs Wet Sump, Weight, Engine size, and the list goes on and on.

No one will built an engine to your requirements (so that you/Fulton do not have to change your stuff) and you do not want to build a NA engine that can compete with Langer, Rex, etc to prove the capability of the head in a NA condition (Clay Phillips already did that comparison between the cast iron RA-IV head and your head), so in reality all of this "discussion" is just keeping your cylinder head in the viewing of the people on the PY Board as a sales deal.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
It wouldn't take a year to sort out, if it does you need to rethink how you're doing things or ask for someone's help if you're that lost.
Not everyone lives at the track ever weekend. Also sometimes it can a while during racing season to get new parts or have parts modifies.

Stan

PS Ask Lil Jack or Jeff Kinsler how long it takes to get into their chassis shop

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm

Last edited by Stan Weiss; 08-29-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Not everyone lives at the track ever weekend. Also sometimes it can a while during racing season to get new parts or have parts modifies.

Stan
It shouldn't take more than 2 maybe 3 outings to get converter and gearing 98% correct, imo

Old 08-29-2017, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Kinsler and Cosgrove aren't back half cars. They are small tire and pretty sure KK is a DOT drag radial car.
Jeff is on a DOT but not the PRO DR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosgrove View Post
On this note I think I can speak for Jeff as well. Our limitation right now is tire and no wheelie bars. For me, especially no wheelie bars. It is an incredible balancing act between blowing off the tires and staying off the bumper. I know, others are going faster with the same rules, so the real limitation is my ability to put it all together.
The point is, I have enough power to run several TENTHS quicker. So does Jeff. You wouldn't believe how much timing we pull to get these things down the track.
Very true! And Jeff's car is not set up for 1/4-mile stuff!

Quote:
PS Ask Lil Jack or Jeff Kinsler how long it takes to get into their chassis shop
Not long for Jeff and I...Jack on the other hand. LOL

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Closed Thread