Old 07-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVEYANT View Post
Your almost there, before you know it those tires will be screaming!!!
No, that would be TIRE...as in dog leg!!!!! The Posi upgrade is down the road, no big hurry for that one...
Anybody taking notes...TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!! Bag all your bolts separately! While you're blasting and painting them, keep them separate! Label EVERYTHING!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The conservative enclave in a land of liberals; South Orange County, CA
Default Front clip on!!!

OH HAIL YES!!! Coming together smoothly...

Dropped off the carb today, will order an Alumitec radiator and some Eastwood Radiator paint tomorrow and that's really about it! A few little odds & ends from a local supplier - unless they're out of stock AS USUAL...

Old 07-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lookin' great!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbk2l View Post
Lookin' great!
Thanks Mike...front end goes on today, grills & bumper...

Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Front of car pics

Paul,

Nice looking engine job. The bay looks good to.

I am still assembling the 400 for the 67 LeMans. I need to take the valves out of the heads.

When I saw that you didn't take any picturess of the front clip, I remembered that I had some pics of your car.

Hope it helps,
Greg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	homelemansengine 001.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	135702   Click image for larger version

Name:	homelemansengine 002 (1).jpg
Views:	62
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	135703  

Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregneun View Post
Paul,

Nice looking engine job. The bay looks good to.

I am still assembling the 400 for the 67 LeMans. I need to take the valves out of the heads.

When I saw that you didn't take any picturess of the front clip, I remembered that I had some pics of your car.

Hope it helps,
Greg
That's my old engine bay? Yikes!!! Thanks for the pix Greg, but I meant pictures of the teardown of the bumper, front grill, etc...no worries, it's coming together just fine, a little bit of trial and error...I'll have more pix tomorrow...

Old 07-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Front end almost all together...

bumper goes on tomorrow!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Got the brackets to line up, had some custom spacers made and "tweaked" the alt bracket that hooks up to the waterneck...that was my buddy, the Mopar guy who figured that one out. I like that two bracket look, it looks factory.

I'll be changing out that chrome water neck for a factory one...the car should be done by next weekend or shortly thereafter - I'm STOKED!!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

I wish I would have known you needed that alt bracket, I have one and would have thrown it to you. If you need any other little parts let me know, if I have it your welcomed to it.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 07-11-2008, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVEYANT View Post
I wish I would have known you needed that alt bracket, I have one and would have thrown it to you. If you need any other little parts let me know, if I have it your welcomed to it.
Thanks Ant, but I think I've got everything. I didn't need to tweak that other alt bracket, the one for the waterneck, but I like the two bracket setup. Last few car shows I've been to, a lot of cars aren't running the two bracket setup. Sorta tricky when you switch over to the 11bolt water pump, they don't line up anymore...

Not to pat myself on the back...the engine and engine bay looks great, doesn't it?!?!?!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Just need to vent

#($%&@#)$*()&#$(*)_%*)$)#()*&$#_)(*@!(!&#!$( damn! This thing is costing me WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!!

Ok, now that THAT'S out of the way...ordered my engine wiring harness, dropped off my driveshaft and had a custom (smaller) power steering hose made today. If the wiring harness is done by the middle of next week... I'll be driving her home that weekend!!!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Progress...

Got my Alumitec radiator today - very nice piece - and picked up the tranny cooler, it's coming right along. Check out the detail - the radio suppressor painted a different color than the bracket that holds it. Yes, I'm patting myself on the back...

Old 07-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Carb & distributor will be done this week, all I'm waiting on is the correct radiator support brackets from Ames and the wiring harness from M&H Electric, and that's IT!

Mmmmmmm, Hi Torque Mini Starter...

Old 07-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default HI-Tourque

Almost your neighbors there. I went and picked mine up from their shop and they are very close to yours. They seemed like a nice bunch. It was recommended by Les, Wheelspin, here. I brought cash, got a good deal. I need to install it before the kids want it for the 67 LeMans.

Take care,
Greg

Last edited by gregneun; 07-17-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default I need to know about the balancer/pulleys

I think you used a newer style balancer. I have both of the balances and was wondering about the pulley fit.

Take care,
Greg

Old 07-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregneun View Post
I think you used a newer style balancer. I have both of the balances and was wondering about the pulley fit.

Take care,
Greg
I remember ordering a new balancer, cause there was a problem with the old one. You'll have to stop by and take a look at it...the only problem I encountered was the brackets lining the pulleys up, but those spacers took care of that. Hopefully I'll be firing up the car next week - CAN'T WAIT!!

PS - You're right, the guys at High Torque are a great bunch of guys!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default DONE IN A WEEK - GIVE OR TAKE!!!

Carb done & installed, finished the fuel line, picked up my new engine harness from M&H Electric today, radiator brackets from Ames arrive tomorrow...all I'm waiting on is the tranny cooler to be installed and hooked up then I can reinstall the bumper! If I was working Friday the car would be done this weekend, but I need a day off - besides it's been THIS long another few days won't kill me!

Isn't she PURDY???

I said it before and I'll say it again - I really have a lot of respect for you NUTS that do any major restoration in your garage!

Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67blackcherry View Post
I said it before and I'll say it again - I really have a lot of respect for you NUTS that do any major restoration in your garage!
You mean like THIS?

You calling me a nut? That's an improvement. Thanks!

Old 07-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmhjr View Post
You calling me a nut? That's an improvement. Thanks!
Yes sir - you are a NUT and I have a LOT of respect for you! BTW - you still planning on cloning that LeMans into a GTO, or you just putting on the GTO hood, grills, taillights etc? Just curious...

Old 07-24-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67blackcherry View Post
Yes sir - you are a NUT and I have a LOT of respect for you! BTW - you still planning on cloning that LeMans into a GTO, or you just putting on the GTO hood, grills, taillights etc? Just curious...
Yup. Sort of, I guess. Depends on your definition of "clone". From an interior and exterior perspective I plan for it to be a complete clone where the only real difference will be the vin tag. Only departure thus far from a '66 is that I'm using '65 pedals, which are very slightly different at the mount, but not visibly. All badges, interior, markings, grab bar, etc will be GTO.

As for under the car and under the hood, that's a different story altogether. Suspension will be from Mark Savistke - adjustable pro-light tubular UCA, tall Howe screw-in NASCAR type rebuildable ball joints, Pro-Touring springs, Bilstein shocks, Currectrac billet lower and billet adjustable upper control arms in the rear, etc. I should be starting to install the suspension the week after next - hopefully frame will be done powdercoating by then. Tranny will be a rebuilt original M20 from a '66 GTO. Engine will be a stroked 462, KRE heads, hydraulic roller cam, forged crank, double roller timing, 4 bolt caps and dual quad intake. Working with Dave Hillard on it - should be mid-upper 500's for hp and tq. Still deciding on what rear end. Leaning toward a Moser bolt in 3:55. Discs up front, drums on the back.

So, I guess it's kind of a clone on steroids. BTW, I continue to pay homage to both Mark for the suspension stuff and Dave Hillard for the motor/tranny. Those are both really good guys that I would have no reservations recommending to anyone. I'm just doing the grunt work based on lots of advice - much of it free (if you don't count the checks I'm writing for lots of parts)