Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 10:10 PM

PonchoPete,

I agree totally with #1, you would really be suprised that the 10K usually only covers the fenders!

I also agree with #2, but as they say, "to each is own". I guess that everybody has their own idea of whats cool.

Number #3, You hit the nail on the head!!! That's my kind of Street Rod! I love Nostalgia. And creating cars that have the look and equipment of the 40's, 50's, and 60's are definitely my bag.

I will also add that I would NOT own a Street Rod that I would be afraid to drive! I see no fun in waxing and polishing a trailered car just to put it back on the trailer when it's time to go home.

[ June 01, 2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Black 65 GTO ]

[img]http://photos.msn.com/imageserver/image.aspx?Image=HcZNnT9kkUh7v3gGH5Km42rZ7vcme1lp* UaM!VDE1BG*vgDalH3kuL5h3zNqazZzIGM4Vs6rS1*M8m6jwq2 RRzGpoEcUD1hew3uV4awBUsyFSmp5gkgscnHcokRZl*b8MCsY3 sAhyRgDddNSylRh*Q$$[/IMG]
Old 06-01-2002, 11:11 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally posted by Black 65 GTO:
Number #3, You hit the nail on the head!!! That's my kind of Street Rod! I love Nostalgia. And creating cars that have the look and equipment of the 40's, 50's, and 60's are definitely my bag.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now we're getting somewhere. Because my opinions don't agree with "your bag", you have a problem with me. I see how it works now. Can't accept anyone's opinion that conflicts with your own. I usually get that brand. Oh well, I won't be running to my garage to hide, I'll be right here..............

PBGTO

Old 06-01-2002, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

a number #3.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 06-02-2002, 12:08 AM
On Vacation

And I thought my Geo was an exorcise in bad taste........Boy, was I wrong.

Old 06-02-2002, 12:56 AM
Senior Chief

Nick V,
I can't believe I left out the early Cadillac V-8's for acceptable engines on #3! I shall hang my head in shame now. I also forgot to mention that multiple carburetion is pretty much a have to have kind of deal also. I'm slipping.

Old 06-02-2002, 12:58 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally posted by Goatman:
And I thought my Geo was an exorcise in bad taste........Boy, was I wrong.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No you weren't! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

'06 GTO, '68 LeMans project, bikes, etc.
Old 06-02-2002, 05:06 AM

Quote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Black 65 GTO:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now we're getting somewhere. Because my opinions don't agree with "your bag", you have a problem with me. I see how it works now. Can't accept anyone's opinion that conflicts with your own. I usually get that brand. Oh well, I won't be running to my garage to hide, I'll be right here..............

PBGTO
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't you have something productive to do?

I thought that I heard somewhere that you own a 10 second car. Cool! If you spent as much time working on your car as you do busting everyones chops, you'd be in the NINES.

Believe me, I have no intentions of trying to change your thinking. And honestly, I don't care what you like or think. It does not bother me one bit that you and I don't share the same likes. Really! But, your lack of tact and cantankerous behavior is certainly not contributing in a positive manner to this board.

What ever makes you so damn beligerent towards simple everyday interaction with people(members on this board, for example), you ought to get a handle on it. You will be better off personally if you do. You will probably also meet friends that you never thought you would. Life is too short to be confrontational with everyone you disagree with.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Trevor Long

[img]http://photos.msn.com/imageserver/image.aspx?Image=HcZNnT9kkUh7v3gGH5Km42rZ7vcme1lp* UaM!VDE1BG*vgDalH3kuL5h3zNqazZzIGM4Vs6rS1*M8m6jwq2 RRzGpoEcUD1hew3uV4awBUsyFSmp5gkgscnHcokRZl*b8MCsY3 sAhyRgDddNSylRh*Q$$[/IMG]
Old 06-02-2002, 07:58 AM
On Vacation

Trevor, the best part is, I work on my car AND contribute. As far as doing "more", how's this: tubular control arms, coil over front shocks, fuel cell, re-do fuel system, rewire and install electric pump, add and rewire EFI system, new custom headers, new electric fans, rear disc brakes, and touching up the paint job. All that completed, or almost completed this winter/spring. I ask you, isn't that enough?!?!?!?

Besides, every BB needs a little personality. Think of how boring it would be with no controversy. Hell, I even got your blood pressure up a few points.

Old 06-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Senior Chief

playfully controversy is fine,but flat out insulting people is another. as long as noone takes it personally,mere words will not harm you,unless you let it. behind this keyboard,anyone can have the courage of a lion.

Old 06-02-2002, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is the car I would trade my GTO in for, no doubt.

[ June 02, 2002, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Nickv ]

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 06-02-2002, 10:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you sick of the pics yet Goatman? Is your head ready to explode? I hope so. [img]smile.gif[/img]

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 06-02-2002, 10:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Although quirky and out of style today, I really dig those 50's chic street-rods. A Desoto Hemi with 6 Stromberg's on top? GOOSEBUMPS!

Oh and BTW, I think you guys should get a room.

Old 06-02-2002, 11:05 AM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally posted by Nickv:
[IMG]Are you sick of the pics yet Goatman? Is your head ready to explode? I hope so. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nick, you're wasting way too much time on my head. Worry about you own. I'm not going anywhere, and no pic you can post will change my mind about what those cars really are.

Old 06-02-2002, 11:28 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally posted by Black 65 GTO:

If you spent as much time working on your car as you do busting everyones chops, you'd be in the NINES.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be "In the 7's" Trevor.

Old 06-02-2002, 11:33 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
No pic you can post will change my mind about what those cars really are.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They are fine pieces of well built machines. You should expand your horizons Bruce. Every Friday there is a huge streetrod event at the Fuddrucker's down the road, some very sweet cars. My friend Carl's father has one of the nicest 32 Ford's I have even had the pleasure of a "hands on" experience. Pieces of History Bruce and a fine addition to this sport. Remember if not for these cars we would not have what we do now.

Old 06-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Take it easy Mr. Goatman, You need to relax a little. Were having some fun at your expense.

Personally I don't give a rat's ass if you like rods or not. I just happen to appreciate all kinds of fine machinery, some more than other.

Though I'm partial to the muscle era of cars. I can appreciate all of them for what they are.

Here's something that maybe will calm your nerves down a little. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ June 02, 2002, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Nickv ]

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 06-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ponchopete:
Nick V,
I can't believe I left out the early Cadillac V-8's for acceptable engines on #3! I shall hang my head in shame now. I also forgot to mention that multiple carburetion is pretty much a have to have kind of deal also. I'm slipping.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have the the early Cadillac V-8. 1949 Kettering OHV 331 ci...

It just happens to be in the car it was originally installed in - one of 626 Cadillac Series 75 Limousines built in 1949...

http://community.webshots.com/album/15849580xmGcRmPeoB

And it ain't coming out to make a fOrDiLLac...

But I do like streetrods...

Old 06-02-2002, 12:48 PM
Senior Chief

NickV just earned a 5 star from me.

Old 06-02-2002, 01:39 PM
On Vacation

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rashionality:
That would be "In the 7's" Trevor.[/QB]

LMAO, you guys crack me up. Remember this, its not just about the end destination, its about the journey too.

As for opening my mind, I have driven, worked on, and looked at several of those things. Unless its got 4 wheel IRS and a good braking system, all of the attributes I mentioned previously hold true. They are dangerous, and ride like sh*t. While shiney things may amuse some members, I like some substance along with the shine.

[ June 02, 2002, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Goatman ]

Old 06-02-2002, 02:24 PM

<<Why do I have the sinking suspicion that a Eagle stroker crank was in there?>>

You don't really think Bruce Fulper would use an Eagle crank?

<<Also, I have a hard time with the statements: "all runs were made on 87 octane" and "only 150 shot, and still on 87 octane!">>

Supposedly only about 9.5 to 1. with aluminum heads that might work.

<<How can you have a motor that powerfull, that size, AND with low compression, when the Chevy and Ford guys can't even do it? Something stinks there.>>

LS1 Chevy is close in Bore and Stroke and some are probably at that horsepower level.

The strange thing to me is that he picked up more hosepower with the nitrous than the rating for the pills. Most people I know seem to actually pick up a little less than the rated amount. That is a 150 shot usually only seems to give about 130 at the rear wheels.

I've never doubted Bruce Fulper's ability to make horsepower. I just don't like his people skills. But then he is not the only person with poor people skills. So we have to learn what we can from wherever we can and use the information appropriately.

I can think of no reason why a 350 Pontiac cannot equal any other engine of equivalent bore and stroke with equivalent heads, airflow, cam, and other parts. The trick is "EQUIVALENT".

Did I spell equivalent correctly? I think so.

[ June 02, 2002, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: Bignjun - Rhett ]

-------------------------------
Closed Thread