THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedup6975 View Post
NO! You get a kick in the nuts for being shallow.... HOW mean! and rude!
and honest

Old 01-17-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx421 View Post
and honest
Tough guy huh? LOL one kick didn't get the message across? How about two? Now go kiss your Wife and tell her she's beautiful!

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 01-17-2010, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I will leave it at this....

Have you seen my wife?

Not only is she the most awesome person I've ever known (especially for putting up with me and my cars and crap), she's a great mom and great life partner. I never question why she stays married to me, but I thank the Lord every morning that she is still there.

It's hard to be with the rest when you've been with the best (and that's after almost 9 years of bliss)

-r-

Old 01-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64catdroptop View Post
I will leave it at this....

Have you seen my wife?

-r-
Not lately how about a current picture?

patrick
ps you asked.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I emailed you a picture Patrick

-r-

Old 01-17-2010, 10:36 PM

Been married 33, I mean 34 years. Sold my 68 gto for $600.00 to buy a wedding ring at the age of 18. It took me 34 years to buy another 68 GTO. Why I stay married, She's not getting this ONE!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	World of Wheels 2010 003.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	194171  

Old 01-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
For the life of me, I can't understand why most Women don't like cars! There's really nothing I'd rather be doing than tearing a motor apart, and putting it back together. Or detailing an engine compartment. I find it fascinating. In fact helping Mike on his John Deere motor now. Guess I was supposed to be a guy????
Almost all women say the same thing,"Working on cars is for guys."

You're a rare one, that's for sure!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:09 AM

We've been married 41 years and I attribute it to friendship and love with a considerable amount of compromise and trust. We would rather spend time together than with others. We have developed similar interests (except for quilting) including old cars and camping.

We both came from stable marriages and consider marriage to be for life. We take the vow, until death do us part, to be real.

A proud Veteran who is the proud son of a Veteran and the proud father of a Veteran

"Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
For the life of me, I can't understand why most Women don't like cars! There's really nothing I'd rather be doing than tearing a motor apart, and putting it back together. Or detailing an engine compartment. I find it fascinating. In fact helping Mike on his John Deere motor now. Guess I was supposed to be a guy????
I`ll give you couple of reasons just a few for starters...

1) its a convertible, it messes up my hair
2) I break finger nails
3) I get greasy
4) it smells bad
5) it is old , not reliable...

http://FirstGenFirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=221

breathe and enjoy it , life is temporary

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 01-18-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
I`ll give you couple of reasons just a few for starters...

1) its a convertible, it messes up my hair
2) I break finger nails
3) I get greasy
4) it smells bad
5) it is old , not reliable...
Sounds like a sissy to me! Sorry I don't do sissy! Don't like Woman drama either, guess that's why 98% of my friends are Men. Don't get me wrong I'm 100% Woman in a lot of ways, just don't do the sissy drama stuff.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Sounds like a sissy to me! Sorry I don't do sissy! Don't like Woman drama either, guess that's why 98% of my friends are Men. Don't get me wrong I'm 100% Woman in a lot of ways, just don't do the sissy drama stuff.
I agree, but my wife would`nt call it "sissy" , she`d call it "womanlike"...just as she says "women dont sweat, they perspire"...LOL, and "Women dont snore", then I tell her ,"whats that noise your mom makes when she sleeps?" she wont answer ...lol

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Senior Chief

I'm 51 now and married for 32 years and dated her for a year and half before our vows......I think she keeps me because she knows no one else would have me! (LOL)

Last edited by 67droptop; 01-18-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Thought I better make the corrections so she doesn't change her mind!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

32 years and counting.

Nothing has come along that is better......

Old 01-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I was watching the movie "Why did I get married?" one night and there's a part about the "80 for the 20 rule".

"Most men get about 80% of what they need from their marriage. The problem comes when that other 20% they've been missing comes walking along in some tight little skirt and high heels. Now that 20% is looking a hell of a lot better than that 80% you've been getting. So you leave the 80 for the 20 and eventually you realize that you just got what you deserved. Now you're only getting 20% of what you really need and the old 80% has moved on."

I would guess if you've been married for along enough time, you know are one of those men or women smart enough to know when you've got plenty and don't need anything more. Then you deserve to be happily married.

DONE 11.738 @ 114 mph

See my thread in Best Pontiac Stories
http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=598985

Mrs. Rob B as of 9/25/2010

THE BEAR KILLER
Old 01-18-2010, 03:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
I was watching the movie "Why did I get married?" one night and there's a part about the "80 for the 20 rule".

"Most men get about 80% of what they need from their marriage. The problem comes when that other 20% they've been missing comes walking along in some tight little skirt and high heels. Now that 20% is looking a hell of a lot better than that 80% you've been getting. So you leave the 80 for the 20 and eventually you realize that you just got what you deserved. Now you're only getting 20% of what you really need and the old 80% has moved on."

I would guess if you've been married for along enough time, you know are one of those men or women smart enough to know when you've got plenty and don't need anything more. Then you deserve to be happily married.
You arent talking about weight here are you? lol

(ps , my wife is 102 Lbs)

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 01-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We were high school sweethearts. Met her in 1966 and we were maried in 1970. We have had some bad times-sure. Good times have been many. 40 years this May and counting, hopefully.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sometimes! Sometimes it's sex... sometimes it's peace & quiet...

whatever you're not getting enough of...

In the movie though, the guy's wife was very very overweight, so in his mind he was getting too much with 80%...

DONE 11.738 @ 114 mph

See my thread in Best Pontiac Stories
http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=598985

Mrs. Rob B as of 9/25/2010

THE BEAR KILLER
Old 01-18-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Taylor View Post
"'Cause I dun good!"
Yes you did Mr Taylor
Pontiac Slim

Old 01-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Since my wife and i started dating 45 years ago, we have had a relationship based on trust, respect, and love.

We have been best friends as well as husband and wife for 44 years. We do things together. This means I accompany her to quilt and doll shows; she accompanies me to car shows and card shows. So far, we have found nothing more important than our relationship to argue over.

Why would we want to change?

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Simple....... Cause I have the BEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD as my wife. Non better. No need in wasting time looking.

We were high school sweethearts.....Been together over 28 years and married over 23 years. She is my BEST friend. We do most things together and just simply enjoy each others company. She is the best mother to our children. She is the best friend any of her friends could ask for. When I die, there will be a line a mile long of my friends waiting to marry her. She has let me have any toy I have wanted throughout our relationship without saying a negative word. Whenever I "needed" anything for the garage, I got it. Whenever I wanted to hang out with friends, I could. Whenever she wanted to go anywhere with friends, she did. I always have a "honey-do" list but don't get yelled at when it doesn't get done immediately. My wife gets along with all of my friends. My wife isn't threatened by any other woman. My wife gets along with my entire family (with my brother being the first in line to propose when I die). She allows me to have my pet snakes. When I wanted to build a tiki bar...... She never asked "why", she just helped out and took pics. When I wanted to build a pond, she never questioned it. When I went to car shows, she either went with me and supported me or wished me luck. When I race, she goes with me or wishes me luck. It may sound like I'm just trying to get brownie points, but for those that know my wife..... She is EVERYTHING any man would ever want in a wife, a girlfriend or a mother of their children. She is a saint for putting up with me and my "wants". She is my EVERYTHING! I would be lost without her. I will LOVE and LUST my wife til I die. Period.