THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:44 PM
Senior Chief

I used to love the X-11. What a neat handling car. John Heinricy was the engineer who developed it. He was an engineer in Chevrolet Performance and used to race one in SCCA . The later 84-85, were the best. They had a cowl hood on the later years with the 2.8 V6 H.O. engine. There was a lot that went into that package and GM learned a lot about FWD handling from this racing effort.

Old 04-29-2020, 02:17 PM
Suspended

There are still people that go gaga over them like they are Judge GTO's. Have you seen what hoods and rear spoilers go for at swap meets and Ebay? NUTZ!

Old 04-29-2020, 05:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarblik View Post
Chief, you didn't mention if you were a tech or some other position in the dealer in 1979. I was working as a tech at the Pontiac dealer when they launched. Of course, our version was the Phoenix. What a NIGHTMARE!!!. We didn't get our first service manual until October!!! The cars were out for 7 months and no service information!! First GM car with computer feedback fuel systems, first GM car with power rack and pinion steering, first GM car with FWD and a transverse drivetrain. Holy Crap, we just stood there looking at each other like the space shuttle had just landed in the parking lot. Talk about GM setting them up for total failure. I got my first training on those cars at the GM training center in Cincinnati around Christmas, 1979. We literally had dozens of those cars dead at the dealer for months with not a single tech willing to work on them. Finally, the dealer had to agree to pay the top tech straight time on all X car repairs to get them out of the dealer.
I was told by a dealer mechanic they never could get them to run correctly with all the emissions. Although antiquated the 1984 throttle body that replaced carbs on the 2.5 was the fix.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My brothers buddy is selling his (I think) 1963 Savoy 440-4 brl. auto trans nice car. from what I’m told over $40,000 in car wants $25,000

Old 04-29-2020, 07:02 PM

I bought a new 2020 Nissan Rogue SL AWD in January, they were marked down 10k off of sticker, and we got a heck of a good deal, now the same model we bought at the same dealership is advertising them for only about $1500 off list. Nissan had some great incentives then.

Old 05-05-2020, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Little update: So my friend decides to move ahead and try to make a deal on the leftover 2019 Mustang GT with all the proper options he wanted. Reminder, this is a CASH customer. $7500.00 off sticker. So he e-mails the dealer yesterday morning and says he wants to come in and finalize the deal and buy the car. Again, this is a car that has been for sale for over a year in inventory and on their web site. He gets an e-mail an hour later that says, "sorry, the car was sold a half hour ago". Yes, it possible, but very, very unlikely. Much more likely an internet bait and switch tactic. Do people really fall for that crap in 2020? Not this guy at least. Back to the search.