Old 08-08-2021, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Thread ended with post 16
Not sure about that but this thread is just going to go nowhere anyway

Old 08-08-2021, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm going to do something a little crazy and inject some facts.

The Gates engineer that interacts with the NHRA fuel teams told me that their blowers take about 1500 hp to run on the 10,000+ hp engines. So assuming a similar ratio, the Boss Bird roots blower took maybe 450 hp to spin. So it's not the most efficient way to make power but it certainly has the coolness factor and it plays well with nitro.

For the record, I like all of the arguers (is that a word?) in this thread so I'm not taking sides. ��

Eric

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”
Old 08-08-2021, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Imagine someone who is new to the forums but has a love for Pontiac’s.

They come across this thread and can’t believe how everyone is bashing each other instead of supporting everyone’s effort.

I don’t understand why everyone is so confrontational.
Isn’t the whole idea of a forum about Pontiac’s to help each other and to accept each persons personal effort?

There is more than one way to make horsepower! There is not one way that’s the best for everyone.

Not everyone needs to be the fasted Pontiac powered car ever. That’s not what it’s about!!!

Those who belittle people who don’t meet their standards are only repressing those who do the best that they can.

The whole point of this forum I believe is to encourage and assist like minded people to enjoy their Pontiac’s weather they race them or not.

Why do some feel the need to be so negative? There is no upside to that.

Is there?

Old 08-09-2021, 12:43 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Well spoken Rob.

Old 08-09-2021, 04:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are we looking at Blower , either Roots style vs ProCharger vs single turbo or vs twin turbo? Are the No Prep rules allowing for a weight break when using a ProCharger vs Turbo due to the turbo cars using twins or single as well?

Old 08-09-2021, 07:50 AM
Senior Chief

I'm not sure how everyone else thinks on this forum, but i'll tell you how I do...

I'm not interested in the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset...I feel there should be winners, and the rest should bust their butts to beat the winners...Its about challenging others to do more than they are doing, with the end goal being to raise the entire group of Pontiac racers...Young, or old, i'd like to see more passion in the group...Its hard to see that passion increase if everyone is patting each other on the back while saying "good job" when there is more left on the table...

I have been involved in Pontiacs since 1984, and have never been stressed over shiny paint jobs on restored cars...I've only cared about how fast the thing is...If me poking at George upsets anyone(other than George), then something tells me that the person probably doesnt view the performance side of all of this, the same as I do...My intent isnt even to upset George, it is to push him to turn it up and lower the ETs when he lights the scoreboards at the next race...

Old 08-09-2021, 11:42 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
Are we looking at Blower , either Roots style vs ProCharger vs single turbo or vs twin turbo? Are the No Prep rules allowing for a weight break when using a ProCharger vs Turbo due to the turbo cars using twins or single as well?
2021 rules
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A5E06378-6695-4962-B2EA-FDA11CE1FC52.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	571001  

Old 08-09-2021, 11:48 AM
Suspended

2020 rules
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	13CF3A4A-E987-45D0-A1CF-25F7FDF155FB.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	571002  

Old 08-09-2021, 11:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Keep it simple. 2020 NHRA Pro Mod.

Stan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NHRA_PRO_MOD.gif
Views:	88
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	571003  

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 08-09-2021, 01:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
I'm not sure how everyone else thinks on this forum, but i'll tell you how I do...

I'm not interested in the "everyone gets a trophy" mindset...I feel there should be winners, and the rest should bust their butts to beat the winners...Its about challenging others to do more than they are doing, with the end goal being to raise the entire group of Pontiac racers...Young, or old, i'd like to see more passion in the group...Its hard to see that passion increase if everyone is patting each other on the back while saying "good job" when there is more left on the table...

I have been involved in Pontiacs since 1984, and have never been stressed over shiny paint jobs on restored cars...I've only cared about how fast the thing is...If me poking at George upsets anyone(other than George), then something tells me that the person probably doesnt view the performance side of all of this, the same as I do...My intent isnt even to upset George, it is to push him to turn it up and lower the ETs when he lights the scoreboards at the next race...
Who does your post relate to you..........?
I know you have motivated me........im going too spend $5,000 dollars to upgrade to go quicker. Now you need to tell this to Chief, he's kinda been stuck at the same power level for a long time, while others have stepped up in his class....just saying.
PS......i did get a trophy for runner up in the Quick 16 on Sunday..........im sending it back....not a winner! Thank You!

GTO George

Old 08-09-2021, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
I know you have motivated me........im going too spend $5,000 dollars to upgrade to go quicker. Now you need to tell this to Chief, he's kinda been stuck at the same power level for a long time, while others have stepped up in his class....just saying.
PS......i did get a trophy for runner up in the Quick 16 on Sunday..........im sending it back....not a winner! Thank You!

GTO George
Chief has been 3.92 and none of them are head and shoulders above that...a 3.80 on a track is about as good as those guys get so I think he is doing well against the 481x and Proline Hemi guys. Easy to mouth him from the cheap seat George but he is flying with his little Junk motor and a traditional layout Pontiac being anywhere near top 5 in America’s list is crazy!

I think I want some of that quick 16 stuff...may have to come in on the open door side but it’s a lot less cars to have to run to win something...

Old 08-09-2021, 01:26 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
Chief has been 3.92 and none of them are head and shoulders above that...a 3.80 on a track is about as good as those guys get so I think he is doing well against the 481x and Proline Hemi guys. Easy to mouth him from the cheap seat George but he is flying with his little Junk motor and a traditional layout Pontiac being anywhere near top 5 in America’s list is crazy!

I think I want some of that quick 16 stuff...may have to come in on the open door side but it’s a lot less cars to have to run to win something...
I was never knocking Justin.........hes doing exactly what he wants to do thats all that matters. Just bringing up a point to some people. FYI he's not in no prep kings because his car wouldnt pass their rules (his words) and if it did he probably wouldn't be competitive (again his words), which is no big deal he is still very, very fast for 2 power adders and also being a Pontiac! PPTTF!
As for being in the q16....we can always use another car. Q16 is pretty tough Pontiac racers are DAMN GOOD!

GTO George

Old 08-09-2021, 02:55 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
Keep it simple. 2020 NHRA Pro Mod.

Stan
NHRA ProMod rules for turbo combos is ignorant...Which explains why they arent getting any these days.

Old 08-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:

GTO George
I'll have to find a 1st grader that can explain what you are trying to say.

Old 08-09-2021, 02:58 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
I was never knocking Justin.........hes doing exactly what he wants to do thats all that matters. Just bringing up a point to some people. FYI he's not in no prep kings because his car wouldnt pass their rules (his words) and if it did he probably wouldn't be competitive (again his words), which is no big deal he is still very, very fast for 2 power adders and also being a Pontiac! PPTTF!
As for being in the q16....we can always use another car. Q16 is pretty tough Pontiac racers are DAMN GOOD!

GTO George
Two power adders???? I cant wait for you to elaborate on that.

The Following User Says Thank You to opeliac For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2021, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

GTO George
4 rounds...

Old 08-09-2021, 03:08 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Goat1 View Post
4 rounds...
Yes 16 cars…4 rounds you’re pretty good with the math…..!
…….and that means what…..the racers aren’t any good, your in for a rude awakening!

GTO George

Old 08-09-2021, 03:09 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeliac View Post
Two power adders???? I cant wait for you to elaborate on that.
Yes turbos plus nitro…. Pretty simple.

GTO George

Old 08-09-2021, 03:10 PM
Suspended

[QUOTE=opeliac;6270861]I'll have to find a 1st grader that can explain what you are trying to say.[/

LOL!

GTO George