Old 06-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well..I don't think I have ever been that disappointed in an auction..It's not over yet.. in 18 years or so cars always sold after the auction ended..I usually have a least one person look at the car "in person".. not this time..oh well..we'll chug along and pray for better interest in the near future.. Possibly some collectors/ potential buyers were not aware of the auction..This car is worth more than $50,000.00..funny thing is Haggarty insurance ( Heacock classic) has it insured it for 90,000.00 ...they agreed on the value..maybe if a live auction (Mecum,,etc..) shows up near me I'll take the car....Thanx for all the cheers!..Pontiacs are BEST!! and deserve more..

Last edited by Forrest; 06-09-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
Pretty sure he was the guy that bought a bunch of Milt's cars when he had the auction at his place.
You are correct.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-09-2018, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Well..I don't think I have ever been that disappointed in an auction..It's not over yet.. in 18 years or so cars always sold after the auction ended..I usually have a least one person look at the car "in person".. not this time..oh well..we'll chug along and pray for better interest in the near future.. Possibly some collectors/ potential buyers were not aware of the auction..This car is worth more than $50,000.00..funny thing is Haggarty insurance ( Heacock classic) has it insured it for 90,000.00 ...they agreed on the value..maybe if a live auction (Mecum,,etc..) shows up near me I'll take the car....Thanx for all the cheers!..Pontiacs are BEST!! and deserve more..
Did you pull it before it ended? When I clicked on the link you provided it stated that it was not longer available and said 'Here's something we though you might be interested in' and it displayed the auction o6f a 63 Tempest convertible. I've never seen this before. Don't be too disappointed in Ebay now days. Seems like it's mostly bottom feeders looking for a deal. Too many people have gotten burned on cars that were over described and there is no trust left in this world. As far as a Mecum or similar auction, the only way you will get close to real value there is to have it as a feature car in all their advertising for that auction. I sold my nice 65 GTO at Mecum in Kissimmee in January of 2017 and it got lost in the sea of other nice cars. 3000 is too many cars to compete with for a buyer. It sold for considerably more money at the Mecum auction in PA 6 months later by someone who bought it from the guy who bought it at the auction in Fla.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 06-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Jerry.. nope.. let it end on it's own..how much time was left when you clicked on it?..well..I got a question for y'all.. what do you'all think it's worth?.. I'm going by the sale ( or no sale? $69,000.00) of the green lemans sport (not GT) link attached ....and the appraisal for 90,000 (insured for that) from Haggerty ( hancock classic).. not much else to go on..as far as similar cars that sold...My thoughts were at least $70,000... got a few messages from bidders what my price is..A while back I sold one of those 70 GTO 455 ram air conv., after auction was over a guy from Austria asked what I wanted..Said 72,000.00 ( I believe,) no haggle and it was done, that was SWEET!... The Wife is really naggin..DON"T SELL THAT CAR FOR LESS THAN 70,000..!!! She's hung up on it being insured for so much...can't get it thru her head..it will sell for what it is worth!? Thanx Guys! Link: https://azure.barrett-jackson.com/Ev...ERTIBLE-125094

Last edited by Forrest; 06-10-2018 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Forrest - that same green car (Rick Hendricks) bid to and/or sold at Kissemmee this year for I believe $89,000 but has since disapeared from their results page. It is due to be up again in a few weeks at Barrett Jackson in Connecticut. I would venture to guess yours is better restored and certainly rarer being the GT.

Mine has been listed on Cars On Line for over a year, here and other boards, has been in Hemmings and on e-Bay, is completely numbers matching like yours, wears every stitch of it's original body work, is unrestored with 1 repaint in the 90's of it's factory color of Lucerne Blue over Tuxedo, is a 4spd Sport with 35 factory options and at 75k is a no sale.

These are the Judge Convertibles of 1972, but nobody wants to pay up for them.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I feel like between 60-70k is a real fair trade value.
As in modest and still a safe value for a buyer.

Frame-Off , Round Port , Convertible , Brass Hat PMD pedigree , Matching #s
aka its worth more than that - but more would be a tight squeeze.

With that said, some of the final wording in description made it sound like you were looking for 100k or better. Could have hampered some hopes.

To me , the pictures mostly made it look more like Sierra Yellow or Mayfair Maze color zones.
Historically the least desirable / worst bidding / worst selling colors in modern times.
BrittanyBeige is more towards a muave sandstone brown-ish grey tone.
Just didn't feel the real color in the pics.

Will send a PM later tonight with some thoughts for consideration.

Last edited by Baron Von Zeppelin; 06-10-2018 at 02:11 PM.