Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 09-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Boost Engineer

For some reason I really like the looks of your car and how you have it put together.

Wife used to claim, before we were married that she could hear me coming 3 blocks away from her parents house (with the exhaust I had on my car). Not so much loud but a distinct tone to it. So who did your intake set-up MARCELLA?

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
For some reason I really like the looks of your car and how you have it put together.

Wife used to claim, before we were married that she could hear me coming 3 blocks away from her parents house (with the exhaust I had on my car). Not so much loud but a distinct tone to it. So who did your intake set-up MARCELLA?

Tom V.
Yes that's Johns old intake, a picture was posted here years ago. I called him for a water manifold and the next thing I knew I purchased the intake.
A little one sided comment about my exhaust, it sounds very unique. It has a note that keeps it from sounding like a Ford or Chevy for sure.

1966 GTO Post Coupe, 467ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 11.6 118mph
1966 GTO Post Coupe, "The Bright Idea" 535ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 9.58 141mph
Old 09-14-2017, 05:45 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

I have never been a fan of the 66 but Damn! That car has got a wow factor. You certainly did it right...not sure if its a race car you show or a show car you race.. Love the color. Can't wait to see what it does at the track..

Old 09-15-2017, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
I have never been a fan of the 66 but Damn! That car has got a wow factor. You certainly did it right...not sure if its a race car you show or a show car you race.. Love the color. Can't wait to see what it does at the track..
Thanks for the kind words,
I just wanted a good looking drag car, but it's a drag car and I am really looking forward to seeing some track time next season. The bad part of my build, I have to send my Ultra bell, window net and seat belts back for recertification because it took me so long to build.

1966 GTO Post Coupe, 467ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 11.6 118mph
1966 GTO Post Coupe, "The Bright Idea" 535ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 9.58 141mph
Old 09-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Boost Engineer

If you can work it out try to pit close to Chris Piper and his 1966 at Norwalk.
Would be a great pair of "Book-ends"

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.