THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Suspended

And so I did!

Nothing personal here. Just the way it is: Myself and an estimated 9million+ will be relaxing in comfort and viewing the TV broadcast of the "Gladiator" games. Exactly what the $8 million a minute advertisers are paying for. How many sports bars, clubs, etc. nationwide do you think are doing the same? Big Bucks is what the "non-profit" NFL is all about...and the spectacle. Historically bad weather locally will add to the challenge, excitement and TV audience.

I hope the game is as memorable like the 1967 Super Bowl that I watched On TV as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Hey NFL - "Man Up Nancy!"

If kids can play the sport - Football - in the rain and snow so can the "Professionals" otherwise move the season to the summer to match baseballs schedule so no worries about "losing their balls" like would be the case w baseball's "white balls" in the snow.

As far as motor racing in a thunderstorm, well.. It can and is done by some, using "Rain Tires, etc." just like we drive on public roads

Old 01-29-2014, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Myself and an estimated 9million+ will be relaxing in comfort and viewing the TV broadcast of the "Gladiator" games.
I will be watching to.

But it's my opinion that only a small percentage of the true football fans watching are really in favor of an outdoor cold weather site for the SB.

I don't consider it a "Gladiator" game.

I want to see the players play football - not a contrivance of a game. I want the actual best team to win based on skill.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Update: "Only" 100 million will be watching 'da Supa Bowl "on the TV!" So take that haters!