THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:37 AM

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 02-26-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
why ,would i? learn english,, im never going to,, england

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 02-26-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
It's good to know if I decide to rob a bank or rape a bunch of nuns in a convent,
as long as I can get out the door and be running away, Ill be protected by the law so no one has the legal right to shoot at me or even into the air.
Everyone is entitled to a fair chance to get away, right nytwyt?

X2 ! Also from Oxford County...

Old 02-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Senior Chief

Well, I see the six letter wonder screwed up another thread...again.

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 02-26-2012, 02:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
It's good to know if I decide to rob a bank or rape a bunch of nuns in a convent,
as long as I can get out the door and be running away, Ill be protected by the law so no one has the legal right to shoot at me or even into the air.
Everyone is entitled to a fair chance to get away, right nytwyt?
Aside from Hollywood screen cops, I don't know anywhere (in western 1st world society) that you can shoot someone running away - you can't just shoot someone to prevent flight....you have to catch them.
Now if they were armed, running away and you have reasonable cause to believe they might use their weapon/s to escape custody, then there would be grounds to fire at them.....but shooting an unarmed person just because they were running away???? thats called murder, guys....regardless of the person's scumbag rating.

Personally, my ideal society is one where someone committing a crime loses all protection under the law......wouldn't take long to weed out the crims, now would it?

1960 Laurentian 283
1963 Laurentian 283
1976 Trans Am 400
1977 Trans Am 400
1951 Chieftain Flat head 6
1967 Firebird 400 convertible
1967 Firebird 400 coupe
1979 Trans Am 403
1971 Formula 455 (clone)
1969 Firebird 350
1968 Firebird 428 manual.
Sydney, Australia
Old 02-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

A 61-year-old New Hampshire man is facing felony charges for firing a warning shot into the ground before apprehending a burglar who had just ransacked his home. WMUR-TV reported that Dennis Fleming caught the thief coming out of a neighbor’s home and held him at gunpoint until police arrived. But despite the support of his neighbors, police have charged him with reckless conduct for firing the warning shot. “I fired into the ground, to the left of him,” Fleming said. “There was nothing but woods behind him. I’ve owned guns my whole life and I pretty much was sure what I was doing.”
http://dailycaller.com/2012/02/22/le...-warning-shot/

If this is what you guys are arguing about you should get the story straight. He caught the guy coming out of his neighbor's house after he figured out his house had been broken into. The young guy coming out of the house was much bigger than the 61 year old so he fired a shot into the GROUND to let the guy know he meant business. He said he was scared and didn't want to fight the bigger guy.
Anyway good luck with your fight with the legislature, personally I would just move to a less restrictive place but that's just me.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Last sentence in story linked above---------

"UPDATE: Charges against Mr. Fleming were dropped."

Good.

Thanks, Jim. This thread needed a few facts thrown in.

FWIW, For several reasons I don't believe in giving warning shots. This man did break a local law, but it sounds like common sense prevailed in the D.A.'s office.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:47 AM

Thanks Jim, I know that story I didn't realize Pontiac Slim was in N.E. and that's what he was posting about...

Quote:
he shouldnt have ,shot intoo the ground he ,couldhave hit an earth wurm

Old 02-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hall View Post
Well, I see the six letter wonder screwed up another thread...again.
thx bub,it needed to be set straight
its good the charges were dropped even tho he broke the law,even officials see the greater good.

sometimes the law must be broken for the greater good
THIS IS WHERE MOST HAVE A PROBLEM
an example is
im walking along a high profiled fence line that says ''no trespassing-you WILL be prosecuted''
but theres a pond of water over there,a child is in it drowning screaming for help
is it ok to help?,yes of course
there always provisions for this by law,but most lack common sense when situations occur

dont learn the hard way like some of us do
heres a real life example

a thief is kicking in your front door,you look out,he has a gun,the door busts open,you shoot him,he falls backwards on to the steps
was a law broken?
yup
this exact situation happened to me
after borrowing from everyone i knew to pay for lawyers i just got probation
my PO told me i should have dragged him in my house and it would have been ok

too many guns in too many hands that just dont know the laws,till its too late

Old 02-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierced mikey View Post
your the reason threads like this needs to get wasted,look at your attitude here
are you in fact an adult?
guns and you-now THATS one freaking scary thought
id like to think your kidding but im wary of that also

Old 02-26-2012, 01:00 PM

Have you read your posts? You started acting like a 2 year old, and I don't just mean your grammar. Don't start running your mouth and then act like you're the mature one here.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

on the contrary,i simply responded to anothers post and you apparently used it as an excuse to flame me with your adolescent antics.
why dont you try to think before your fingers go to work

Old 02-26-2012, 01:17 PM

You really are nothing but a useles troll. Another keyboard commando. Go look at your "quoting" me, you're the one that started the nonsense. If you do really have some guns, maybe you should have a cleaning accident with one of them.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If you do really have some guns, maybe you should have a cleaning accident with one of them.
and this is why a gun in your hand is a scary thought
hell,you haven't matured mentally enough to practice safety
sorry but a gun cant make you a man MIKEY
MIKEY ,,thats even a kids name
grow up to be taken seriously
seriously

Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 PM

You really are a nitwit, aren't you? Again, you don't know anything about me other than what you've seen me post on here, and that's in response to your asinine comments. Judging by your grammar and your view of yourself(you can't even tell you're trolling here), I would say you're a 14 year old girl and I hope you don't have access to guns yourself. I'm sure the people on this board take me much more seriously than you. Quite a few of them have hung out with me in person and talk to me on a regular basis off the board. Are you another mysterious one on here? Does anyone know you?

Old 02-26-2012, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You really are a nitwit, aren't you? Again, you don't know anything about me other than what you've seen me post on here, and that's in response to your asinine comments. Judging by your grammar and your view of yourself(you can't even tell you're trolling here), I would say you're a 14 year old girl and I hope you don't have access to guns yourself. I'm sure the people on this board take me much more seriously than you. Quite a few of them have hung out with me in person and talk to me on a regular basis off the board. Are you another mysterious one on here? Does anyone know you?
when all else fails,resort to name calling as usual
i can see you fighting for this bill and when it doest go your way,you stomp your feet
like here
dont get so defensive,its not your forte mikey

Old 02-26-2012, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

......................dont learn the hard way like some of us do
heres a real life example

a thief is kicking in your front door,you look out,he has a gun,the door busts open,you shoot him,he falls backwards on to the steps
was a law broken?
yup
this exact situation happened to me
after borrowing from everyone i knew to pay for lawyers i just got probation
my PO told me i should have dragged him in my house and it would have been ok

too many guns in too many hands that just dont know the laws,till its too late

What were you charged with, and what were you convicted of?
BTW, if your PO told you that, he is a dumb ass.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:13 PM

IMO anyone that has a firearm and considers either getting a CCW or using it for Home protection should study the laws in their State regarding using it. The use of Deadly Force is a very serious act and if you do not know the law, you can be in serious trouble. Before someone shoots at a alleged criminal they had better be sure of what is behind the target, as once you pull the trigger and the bullet leaves the barrel, it will eventually hit something and it had better not be an innocent person, child, etc.

A good CCW course usually will explain this and your responsibilities for discharging a weapon, etc. Another point I would make is to have good Liability Insurance, because if you injure someone you may face a costly trial, especially if you are found guilty of negligence.

Just some good advice.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
What were you charged with, and what were you convicted of?
BTW, if your PO told you that, he is a dumb ass.
manslaughter,illegally possession of a firearm and another i dont recall
all were dismissed on a plea except the firearm charge
what saved me was the door was fully broken into and there was blood inside the doorway.i won but at a cost of years aggravation and 8k in legal fees
i made the comment to my po regarding how unfair it all was and said in va.had he fallen inside there would be no problem
theres more to the story of course but thats the jist of it
this is why it bothers me when i hear these off the wall comments like ive heard here

Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadac View Post
IMO anyone that has a firearm and considers either getting a CCW or using it for Home protection should study the laws in their State regarding using it. The use of Deadly Force is a very serious act and if you do not know the law, you can be in serious trouble. Before someone shoots at a alleged criminal they had better be sure of what is behind the target, as once you pull the trigger and the bullet leaves the barrel, it will eventually hit something and it had better not be an innocent person, child, etc.

A good CCW course usually will explain this and your responsibilities for discharging a weapon, etc. Another point I would make is to have good Liability Insurance, because if you injure someone you may face a costly trial, especially if you are found guilty of negligence.

Just some good advice.
damn good advice
and being theres people all over the country thats here,know the laws from YOUR state