Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's ironic, that was probably just another race back then, the Camaro survives and is still raced, that photo is all that remains of the original RAIV Judge! It'd be cooler if the original Judge had survived and we were restoring it while some chevy shop was recreating the long gone camaro!

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 02-25-2008, 07:24 PM

Default Updated Pics

Here some more pics of the car. Coming along. Interior next on tap. Engine going to dyno next week.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2273.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	123734   Click image for larger version

Name:	2276.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	123735   Click image for larger version

Name:	2271.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	123736   Click image for larger version

Name:	2272.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	123737   Click image for larger version

Name:	2274.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	123738  

Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM

Default The hood!

Is that a shaker scoop on the hood???

Old 02-25-2008, 11:08 PM

That shaker is attached to the hood.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:23 AM

Default Legendary Interior Parts

Jim, I can't wait to see the interior photos in the car. We are happy to have supplied the complete interior for this car and Mr. Schornack. It looks like the car is coming along great!! Eric @ Legendary Auto Interiors, Ltd.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Forgive me but I can't help and ask "Why the shaker?" The original picture has a GTO hood and I thought the idea was to duplicate the original car. No offense intended...just asking.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1050goat
Forgive me but I can't help and ask "Why the shaker?" The original picture has a GTO hood and I thought the idea was to duplicate the original car. No offense intended...just asking.
Glad you asked!

The idea was to create a tribute to the original car, and run two full seconds faster! The 800+ h.p. motor that Motor City Muscle and Milt are building required more clearance than the stock hood would allow. We considered a VFN 'super' hood that is bulged 2" in the center, the biggest drawback was the fact they needed six weeks to make one. A flat hood with a cowl scoop was wnother option, no one wanted that. We settled on the era correct Trans Am shaker on a factory flat hood. It is a little 'out of the box', but more period correct than a modern bulged fiberglass hood would have been. I would have preferred to install a stock GTO hood, that would have meant loosing the Victor Intake. This car is being built to run, so the compromise was made to the body rather than the motor for this reason. The intake can be changed and a GTO hood put on at anytime.
If you look at the car as a whole, it actually fits very well. Another thing to remember, this car will get much, much more exposure than the original ever did! Other than a small pic in Milts book, most people didn't even know the original car existed.

www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:59 AM

Paul-
Car looks good! I can't beleive they went with the scoop!! At least it can be fixed later.

NOW IF I COULD JUST GET MY PART BACK!

Talk to you soon

Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 PM

Default Couple more pics

Here are a couple more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2277.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	123845   Click image for larger version

Name:	2275.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	123846  

Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Suspended

sonic4u-did milt ever pay you your money back on this car?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 02-27-2008, 12:05 PM

Old 02-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Performance Years, Legendary Interior, PYPES, FAST Automotive, and Motor City Muscle all have a significent investment of time or parts in this project for Milt. It was my understanding arrangements had been made to satisfy everyone involved or formerly involved in this build. I have faith any issues or hard feelings will be smoothed over, hopefully quickly, and we'll all be able to enjoy seeing this car finished and running down the track soon!

www.fastrestorations.com

Old 02-28-2008, 01:16 AM

Milt and I are in understanding circumstances. My goal is to see the car completed this year with some exciting passes hopefully next to some other great hot rods. Anyone knows that when a partnership is created, both sides have ideas of how a project should be completed. We disagreed on some things and I felt best to move away from the project to ensure a friendship between Milt and myself. I know Paul, Fred and others at FAST have spent many countless hours completing the car. Many of the contributors have waited patiently to see their products used on this project. I hope this car gets the coverage it deserves on the racetrack and not in the show field. From what I understand the car should be ready for the first All Pontiac Show of the season!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Suspended

that sounds like a politiacally correct answer,but did you get your money?i hope this engine has the same head on each side,the 66 had a 093 head on one side,092-with the 2 half ground off-on the other side.i didnt think 093 heads were that hard to find!

Old 04-06-2008, 06:11 PM

Anyone have any parts? Milt is looking for some parts to complete the car. (lookin for a couple of people who will help get this thing done too)

Rocker Covers (aftermarket)

280 GPH fuel pump

Trans cooler and lines

NHRA certified seat belt

Automatic transmission shifter with reverse shift pattern

1 wire alternator

Air lift bags

Line lock

XL NHRA helmet

Local shop for front end alignment

If anyone has any connections or has any of these parts Milt still needs for the 70 car please post, PM or e-mail me back asap. Only 6 weeks till Virginia.

Jim

Old 04-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Got a set of airbags today.

Still lookin for:
Rocker Covers (aftermarket)

280 GPH fuel pump

Trans cooler and lines

NHRA certified seat belt

Automatic transmission shifter with reverse shift pattern

1 wire alternator

Line lock

XL NHRA helmet

Local shop for front end alignment

Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs down I'm NOT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC 4 U
I'm keeping my mouth shut...
Sorry, but I feel obligated to issue fair warning. My son got "Royally" screwed on the deal which hurt more than anyone can imagine. Milt was his hero growing up. You saw the pix of his hard work, yet his name was never mentioned when the frame was being shown at the Nat's. But what are friends for...right? On top of all that...he paid the roll bar guy $1000 to get the car out of hawk for Milt. What did he get in return? Not a F#@kn thing! Milt/Jim or whomever still owes at least $2000 and if we don't see it soon, I'll be at every meet where the car appears parading around it with a sandwich board and a coffee can soliciting donations for OUR misfortune of ever getting involved with this mess in the first place. I feel for all the vendors that donated in good faith. There were tons of parts delivered to my house and like a fool, I drove them out to Indiana...still unable to believe that this was actually happening. Anyway....if you donate ANYTHING, keep us in mind. I'll bet that once completed, the car is headed for E-bay anyway so they can cash in on its "racing heritage" like they did on the '66. Folks tried to warn me about Milt and I didn't listen. So, once again...fair warning. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs down I'm NOT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC 4 U
I'm keeping my mouth shut...
Sorry, but I feel obligated to issue fair warning. My son got "Royally" screwed on the deal which hurt more than anyone can imagine. Milt was his hero growing up. You saw the pix of his hard work, yet his name was never mentioned when the frame was being shown at the Nat's. But what are friends for...right? On top of all that...he paid the roll bar guy $1000 to get the car out of hock for Milt. What did he get in return? Not a F#@kn thing! Milt/Jim or whomever still owes at least $2000 and if we don't see it soon, I'll be at every meet where the car appears parading around it with a sandwich board and a coffee can soliciting donations for OUR misfortune of ever getting involved with this mess in the first place. I feel for all the vendors that donated in good faith. There were tons of parts delivered to my house and like a fool, I drove them out to Indiana...still unable to believe that this was actually happening. Anyway....if you donate ANYTHING, keep us in mind. I'll bet that once completed, the car is headed for E-bay anyway so they can cash in on its "racing heritage" like they did on the '66. Folks tried to warn me about Milt and I didn't listen. So, once again...fair warning. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was just going to post that there seems to be nothing on that list that a few minutes on the phone or internet and a credit card can't have at your door in a couple of days. I didn't understand they were looking for donations. I wish I could restore my cars by getting donations!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Closed Thread