Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Senior Chief

Lots of luck in drag racing no mater how good you are.

Resetting the points in motor sports is just plain nuts. Points should be calculated for the season, and a champion be crown on that not just a few races.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:29 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
By the time your brain sees the movement and your foot floors it you are waaaaaay late.
Especially on a .4 tree.

John, you should read up,educate yourself about NHRA Pro Stock and how those car leave the line.
John, right foot is floored or in your terms (floors it), left foot, up John, up John.

Up John, now that`s funny even if I think so myself.

John, yes you are confused.

Don`t worry John, I still love you for what you did for Michael in 06.

Maurice.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If I were in the other lane I would have bet that after a perfect light she would have been late or at least later than she had been the rounds before that. You have to go green but you can't give anything away on the tree either with her being faster. I haven't seen it yet and have no idea what kind of reaction times he had to that point but probably pretty decent to make it that far. He needed to keep doing what he was doing and not get caught up in what the car and driver in the other lane was doing. After all, all you can do is give your best effort. There's not a thing you can do about the car in the other lane. They are professional drivers and situations like that shouldn't bother them.

I always try to tell myself to not worry about the car in the other lane. Do the same thing every time. Be careful staging and make sure to stage in the same place every time. I'm sure Jason does the same thing. Of course you can't lay back and wait for a red light, and I don't think that's what John was saying. But you have to go green to have any chance. I bet he rolled in a little deeper than he wanted and had no choice but to stay with his routine. You can't back off the tree and have any chance of cutting a good light.

In reality you can tell yourself all of that but in a big final it's really hard not to get amped up. I know I do sometimes depending on who I'm racing. If my lights have been mediocre and I have someone I know is tough I will push the tree a little harder....and it has cost me with a red light a time or two.

I really screwed up in the finals at Norwalk this year but got away with it. I was staging and just kind of forgot what I was doing, I was looking up at my dial on the board while I was still rolling towards the beams. Next thing I know I look up at the tree and I've rolled right into both beams. So much for staging carefully. I was sure I had to be deep and was reaching down for the shifter to put it into reverse when the other guy lit the top bulb so I had to get back on the transbrake button and hope for the best. I told myself not to back off on the tree. If it was red it was red. I was .013 on the tree but I definitely didn't stay on my usual game plan and it really should have cost me the race.

So to answer Johns question what would I have done, or tried to have done, is to stay in my routine, give the best effort I could without getting caught up in what the car in the other lane was doing. Hope she screws up and hope my best is good enough to hold her off, because that's probably my best chance I have being the slower car.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
See whatcha started?? It's winter in the Race Forum. They're comin' out of the woodwork.

Jim
Yeah. I see Jim. At least I haven't been hit about the Eric rather than Erica.

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 11-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to STALLION

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Jason Line had NO chance to beat Erica she was KILLING the tree and had Line by .03 in ET. He tried to do the IMPOSSIBLE and LOST because of it. He should have just cut a GOOD light (.015-.027) and HOPE Erica screws up or that her car breaks. She screwed up.........HE LOST!

GTO George
Hi George, how are you doing?
George, I will ask you a simple question, please give me/all of us a simple answer.
If you were running heads up, your car running great but the car that is in the finals with you is running .03 in et faster. Do you try to knock down the tree.

YES____, NO_____. check 1 please.

2 comments I have;

#1, does anyone think that (maybe) the 2; 000s in the semi's was just a timing tree malfunction? NHRA said to the 2 drivers, heads up race, faster car wins and they agreed. (just a thought)

#2, why did Jeggi red light against Jason in the semi's??? Could it have been because Jeggi's car was the slower than Jason's in round 1 & round 2. Na !!!!! (just a thought)

Thanks Maurice.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:27 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALLION View Post
Hi George, how are you doing?
George, I will ask you a simple question, please give me/all of us a simple answer.
If you were running heads up, your car running great but the car that is in the finals with you is running .03 in et faster. Do you try to knock down the tree.

YES____, NO_____. check 1 please.

2 comments I have;

#1, does anyone think that (maybe) the 2; 000s in the semi's was just a timing tree malfunction? NHRA said to the 2 drivers, heads up race, faster car wins and they agreed. (just a thought)

#2, why did Jeggi red light against Jason in the semi's??? Could it have been because Jeggi's car was the slower than Jason's in round 1 & round 2. Na !!!!! (just a thought)

Thanks Maurice.

Maurice,
I'm just doing fine............thank you. My car is ready to go , just changing valve springs.
OK on the Enders-Line final..........I would do exactly what I stated above. Enders had Line .03 on ET that's like a ZIP CODE in Pro Stock terms. She (Enders) was also KILLING the tree............Jason had NO CHANCE! The only thing he could have done was go GREEN and hope her car breaks or she RED LIGHTS. The rest is History.
As for over-all racing there was ALOT of the BUDDY SYSTEM going on in Pro Stock as well as Funny Car...............!

GTO George

Old 11-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92GA View Post
Lots of luck in drag racing no mater how good you are.
With all the B.S. Coulda shoulda woulda crap in this thread, this quote is about as accurate as all the other explanation anyone needs.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Suspended

Erica was very lucky in the final!

GTO George

Old 11-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
OK on the Enders-Line final..........I would do exactly what I stated above. Enders had Line .03 on ET that's like a ZIP CODE in Pro Stock terms. She (Enders) was also KILLING the tree............Jason had NO CHANCE! The only thing he could have done was go GREEN and hope her car breaks or she RED LIGHTS. The rest is History.
As for over-all racing there was ALOT of the BUDDY SYSTEM going on in Pro Stock as well as Funny Car...............!
EXACTLY, EXACTLY, EXACTLY!

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 11-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Still was just plain cool !!!
Incidentals don't matter...

Of course there is always debate..woulda,coulda,shoulda...

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..