THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Senior Chief

Weve been married over 30 years and our relationship has become better and better. She has little interest in cars, but see's value in me being happy with my hobby. Keeps me in line, as without any constraint I would probably overindulge which would lead to ruin. When we go to the mall with my daughters, I find the nearest bench. The best it gets for me is the appliances at Sears, or the bookstore which I usually have covered in 15-20min. Thats their thing, I just go along to be together as a family. Over the years, we have become more comfortable with each other and better friends. Romance is good, but an unstable emotion that will unlikely pass the test of time. When all is said and done, it boils down to committment, trust, and being less selfish. The movie Fireproof is a good example of this and if you can put God in the center of your marriage like that, you got it licked.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Because I suffered for 27 years with the wrong one and God saw fit to put us together. With his help we walk the path of life together. When one of us trips the other is there to pick the other up and we continue on the path. I love her and she loves me and we both love Pontiacs, NASCAR, Winged Sprintcars on dirt, our pets and life.

Oh and by the way, she thought up the definition on the back of our first GTO shirt that many women find so amusing:

Ya gotta love that..........

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 01-16-2010, 02:55 PM

She's one hell of a Woman to put up with you Brad! j/k I've seen the energy between you two, very sweet Lady!

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 01-16-2010, 03:44 PM

Gonna let this one lie for now.

If her parents put their nose in our business again we may not be married long........

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
After 40 years last November, I'm too old to find another one. Besides, not sure anyone else would have me ... I definitely married UP!

Ogre
X2.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bev4.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	194011  

400 .060 Eagle Rods
Old 01-16-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgross View Post
Get a room.

lol

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 01-16-2010, 11:25 PM

I haven't been with my wife as long a lot of you(together almost 5 years married a year) but I couldn't imagine being with someone else. First off my wife is beautiful, and she is sweet(a few of you have met her) and also she can put up with me and my lunacy. We also have a lot in common, but also a lot of seperate interests which helps...she went to Norwalk the first year we were together, had a lot of fun, and wants to go back(and she doesn't really like cars, but she does love her Mini). We both agree with a lot of things in the principals of marriage(you have to work on it, should still go out on dates etc) and hearing some of you guys that have been in very long term marriages has always gave me hope...especially since a lot of people my age get divorced as if they were dating and just breaking up...She is younger than me(I'm 34 and she's 27) but I'm almost as mature as her...We've both been through our share of bad relationships, so neither of us pull any of the childish games or crap!

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned-shepherd brook in firefly

join the PY group on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8742503&ref=ts

become a fan of PY on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9458653?ref=ts
Old 01-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Senior Chief

WE HAVE NEEN TOGETHER FOR 20 YEARS, MARRIED FOR 14, SHE WAS 15 & I WAS 18 WHEN WERE MEET. HAVE BEEN IN LOVE THE WHOLE TIME. first off, she is my best friend ! we have alot of common interest, &respect each other. i still think I won the lottery( she could & still could do better).

Old 01-17-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
Gonna let this one lie for now.

If her parents put their nose in our business again we may not be married long........
I'm going to clarify the above. Jen and I get along well. She has her hobbies and I have mine, she does her thing, I do mine and we do ours.

What we fight about is what her parents meddle in. They're worthless money sucking leaches that don't pay their bills.

She enjoys the cars, loves the people for the most part in this hobby.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I stay married because I like the married life, its nice to have someone you can always count on. Shes not too much into cars but you can't have everything can you? We've been through our share off rough times but don't we all? Just wish I had some more money, two kids, mortgage, all that good stuff it gets hard to scrape together some cash for you pontiac. But bottom line i love her, always will.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:06 AM
Suspended

I am still trying to figure it out .. I have no money , no insurance , been unemployed a while or two , and have a health issue ( mental and Physical) , all I have is my cars and my tools and my lawntractor ( old cub cadet 128) , but I treat her with respect , shes witty like me , we think alot alike , she does like my hobby and I will back her up when she needs support , I met her 20+ years ago when I worked at a gas station in college , and then remet her 3 years ago and we were married 2 years ago aug 28 , I am more in tune with her than my first wife who I basically married to please the family.Nothing in common with her or the inlaws .

Old 01-17-2010, 06:24 AM

I can't imagine living a day without my wife; we've been together almost 14 years, and although our marriage is far from perfect, I would do anything to keep us together. I think she feels the same way. Plus who are we to break up a union blessed by God Himself.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It will be 38 years this July for us. I am 56 and my bride is 54. As you can figure ,we were very young. We certainly had our share of hard times early on (financially only). We had three girls two years apart and we worked very hard with NO help. I remember working three jobs in the first 5 years of our marriage. I really believe we got through the tough times by just love and the commitment we had to each other. She is still the love of my life and I can't imagine ever being without her. (It helps that she is STILL a hottie..LOL). I tried to get her to become a "car guy" for years.(not happening). I had a 67 GTO convertible when we married. It was the first thing that went after we married,along with the payment book. It was replaced with a piece of junk 66 ford fairlane 4 door family car. It took over thirty 30 years to get another one.
I definately am the luckiest guy I know.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcarguy View Post
It will be 38 years this July for us. I am 56 and my bride is 54. As you can figure ,we were very young. We certainly had our share of hard times early on (financially only). We had three girls two years apart and we worked very hard with NO help. I remember working three jobs in the first 5 years of our marriage. I really believe we got through the tough times by just love and the commitment we had to each other. She is still the love of my life and I can't imagine ever being without her. (It helps that she is STILL a hottie..LOL). I tried to get her to become a "car guy" for years.(not happening). I had a 67 GTO convertible when we married. It was the first thing that went after we married,along with the payment book. It was replaced with a piece of junk 66 ford fairlane 4 door family car. It took over thirty 30 years to get another one.
I definately am the luckiest guy I know.

I can't get my wife to be into cars, but she's still a hottie. While we share some interests, we have some different ones, which I feel is a good thing.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Performance Pontiac Author

Mary and I have been married 56 years this coming March. There is not much more to say!
Jim Hand

Old 01-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Senior Chief

wife aint much of a looker but she makes big $$$. hey i get points for being honest dont I ????

Old 01-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I got married because I needed a younger Mom. She's a catholic hillbilly who won't go away and follows me everywhere. Maybe not perfect but alot better than most. Been married 37 yrs.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

many times I cant figure out why we stay together...."used to ea other"?

30 yrs in June....;last 10 have not been as good as the previous 20...but....2 divorces before, I know I can handle another (you get better at anything you practice! )

she doesnt like classic cars , never rides with me, she has several other interests....book clubs, church, mayjong, jazzerzice, etc and several of her own friends....she "accepts" my friends but not interest to be with the....I`m the same way with hers....
but we have two great kids together...and we do get along (most of the time!)

I could easily live without her though...maybe even easier....but it may be "empty"...lol

http://FirstGenFirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=221

breathe and enjoy it , life is temporary

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 01-17-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx421 View Post
wife aint much of a looker but she makes big $$$. hey i get points for being honest dont I ????
NO! You get a kick in the nuts for being shallow.... HOW mean! and rude!

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

Old 01-17-2010, 02:58 PM

For the life of me, I can't understand why most Women don't like cars! There's really nothing I'd rather be doing than tearing a motor apart, and putting it back together. Or detailing an engine compartment. I find it fascinating. In fact helping Mike on his John Deere motor now. Guess I was supposed to be a guy????

1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA