THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-19-2020, 12:45 PM

Default insurance discount ??

from any collector car insurance companies . YEA RIGHT LMAO

Old 04-19-2020, 01:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

No way.

Old 04-19-2020, 01:54 PM
Senior Chief

Check with my agent the other day. She said NYS would have to approve the rebate, and she has not been notified from the company if this has happened.

Old 04-20-2020, 06:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuick View Post
from any collector car insurance companies . YEA RIGHT LMAO
Collector car policies are already priced way below regular car policies based on the fact that the cars are NOT daily drivers.

I'm not aware of ANY collector car policy that allows one of their insured vehicles to be driven to and from work on a daily basis.

I pay $1300.00 per year (roughly $650 each) to insure my 2 daily drivers. I pay $800.00 per year (about $200 each) to insure my 4 collector cars.

If all 6 were totaled out, I'd collect about $40,000 on my 2 daily drivers and about $100.000 for my 4 collector cars.

Expecting collector car companies to offer a discount like the regular car insurance companies is not very realistic.

Old 04-20-2020, 06:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergto View Post
Check with my agent the other day. She said NYS would have to approve the rebate, and she has not been notified from the company if this has happened.
Your insurance agent does not know what she's talking about.

The particular company that she has your car insured with has not decided to issue a rebate. She just is deflecting your question and blaming the state of NY for the companies inaction.

State Farm is the largest car insurance company in the United States. They are advertising on national TV that they are issuing rebates to their customers. Their ads do not have a caveat "except in NY state" in the ads.

This is from State Farm:

Note the section entitled "Wow we're serving our customers" and "Financial Flexibility". Do you see any exemption listed for NY?

You could blame the government in NY for many things, but not getting a rebate on your car insurance is not one of them.

Old 04-20-2020, 09:04 AM

Default no shows

your not the only one paying for insurance , If other insurance companies are giving discounts they all should. My collector car insurance is paid in full. BUT the car sits, not going anyplace due to the Corona 19 ALL THE SHOWS that I know of are Canceled . SO why not give a little back to the people ?

Last edited by thebuick; 04-20-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-20-2020, 09:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I received a good cut in my bill back in January before all of this mess.
They said because of my history, etc.
(Geico)

Then I received an email couple weeks ago about a discount because of the covid-19 stuff, waiting to see if I get that too.
(nothing on rebates I don't think)

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 04-20-2020, 12:25 PM
Senior Chief

Has anyone from NYS received a rebate? If so, I would like this information when I call my Insurance agent back to inquire about my rebate.

Old 04-20-2020, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuick View Post
your not the only one paying for insurance , If other insurance companies are giving discounts they all should. My collector car insurance is paid in full. BUT the car sits, not going anyplace due to the Corona 19 ALL THE SHOWS that I know of are Canceled . SO why not give a little back to the people ?
By your logic, every product, every where should be sold at the same price. Last time I checked, insurance prices varied from company to company.

Because of the greatly reduced pricing of collector car policies, a rebate, if one were to be given, would be extremely small.

I'm getting $50.00 back from my daily driver policy, based on mileage being reduced by Covid 19. Premiums are over 3 times as high for less coverage for my daily drivers.

If I got an equivalent rebate from my collector car policy, it would probably be less than $5.00. It's not worth the time to issue a $5.00 rebate.

Old 04-20-2020, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Has anyone from NYS received a rebate? If so, I would like this information when I call my Insurance agent back to inquire about my rebate.
If I were you, I would call your insurance company, not your agent that has already shown her lack of knowledge about insurance.

Or you could talk to your friends, neighbors or coworkers in NYS to see if their insurance company has notified them about a pending refund.

Heck, you could call a State Farm agent in NYS to see if his customers are getting a Covid 19 rebate.

I sold commercial insurance for one of the top commercial lines companies for 10 years. After 3 weeks of initial training, my sales manager told me that I already knew more about insurance than many of the agents currently selling insurance in my territory.

It didn't take long for me to realize that my sales manager was right. There are a ton of agents out selling insurance that really don't know much about the product they are selling.

My boss also gave me this advice.

When I didn't know the answer to a question, I should look directly at the customer, admit the fact that I didn't know the answer and then call whomever I needed to to get the answer.

Customers don't mind an agent not knowing everything. But they don't like it when they get a a bull**** answer to a serious question.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:30 PM

Default got one

a nice 25% credit on my daily driver cars

Old 04-20-2020, 03:20 PM

If your not driving at all you can drop your collision temporarily leaving fire and theft which will give a minimum 50% drop. Ive done it before on my truck (tow vehicle).

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Old 04-20-2020, 05:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Erie Insurance will lower my renewal premium by 5% as compensation for the COVID situation. That'll be less than a $100 reduction. Not much, but better than 0.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 04-20-2020, 07:39 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
If I were you, I would call your insurance company, not your agent that has already shown her lack of knowledge about insurance.

Or you could talk to your friends, neighbors or coworkers in NYS to see if their insurance company has notified them about a pending refund.

Heck, you could call a State Farm agent in NYS to see if his customers are getting a Covid 19

I sold commercial insurance for one of the top commercial lines companies for 10 years. After 3 weeks of initial training, my sales manager told me that I already knew more about insurance than many of the agents currently selling insurance in my territory.

It didn't take long for me to realize that my sales manager was right. There are a ton of agents out selling insurance that really don't know much about the product they are selling.

My boss also gave me this advice.

When I didn't know the answer to a question, I should look directly at the customer, admit the fact that I didn't know the answer and then call whomever I needed to to get the answer.

Customers don't mind an agent not knowing everything. But they don't like it when they get a a bull**** answer to a serious question.
The people I’ve talked to that have various Insurance companies have not heard anything about a rebate.

Old 04-21-2020, 02:07 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
... Has anyone from NYS received a rebate?...
I'm in NYS. Got a form letter today from Progressive- they have suspended charging of late-payment fees. Whoopee! Those of us who pay on time get nothing...

... or has a Pontiac born the same year as Jim Wangers? (1926}
Old 04-22-2020, 05:08 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Your insurance agent does not know what she's talking about.

The particular company that she has your car insured with has not decided to issue a rebate. She just is deflecting your question and blaming the state of NY for the companies inaction.

State Farm is the largest car insurance company in the United States. They are advertising on national TV that they are issuing rebates to their customers. Their ads do not have a caveat "except in NY state" in the ads.

This is from State Farm:

Note the section entitled "Wow we're serving our customers" and "Financial Flexibility". Do you see any exemption listed for NY?

You could blame the government in NY for many things, but not getting a rebate on your car insurance is not one of them.
This is the letter I received from my Insurance Company. It states pending State approval. I guess my agent knew what she was talking about, but you didn’t.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	538142  

Old 04-22-2020, 08:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tiger

Your letter states that Utica has already decided to give you a 15% rebate. NY state will not stop them from doing this as it's a rubber stamp issue.

Utica just was behind the curve in making a decision. They are finally doing it now because of peer pressure. Other companies made this decision weeks ago.

FWIW - I actually received my check from West Bend today.

Old 04-22-2020, 09:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Different states are handling the return of premiums differently. By state laws and regulations, the phrasing matters. In NC, giving a rebate of premium is illegal.

"North Carolina Insurance Commissioner Mike Causey is working with insurance companies so they can provide financial assistance to consumers during the COVID-19 health emergency. Many automobile insurers are announcing rebates and discounts due to the “Stay at Home” order, but, by law, rebates are not allowed in North Carolina and discounts must be filed in advance with the Department for approval. As an alternative, the Commissioner has developed a filing mechanism that will quickly allow companies to legally offer discounts to help their policyholders.

“This plan provides companies with an expedited way to bring economic relief to our residents,” said Commissioner Causey. “I cannot ignore our laws that do not allow monies to be given to policyholders that are not tied to a decrease or cancellation of coverage. I can, however, assist companies in offering legal discounts,” he added.

So, if you live in NC, perhaps you have already seen a "Stay at Home" order discount...

1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible(driver) Fire Red
1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 Royal Blue
Old 04-22-2020, 10:16 PM

We have Erie for our daily drivers. I called yesterday, and the receptionist told me letters are in the mail in regards to rebates, so we’ll see when and if we get it. Not holding my breath though, even though we have had them since 1975.

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 04-23-2020, 05:29 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Tiger

Your letter states that Utica has already decided to give you a 15% rebate. NY state will not stop them from doing this as it's a rubber stamp issue.

Utica just was behind the curve in making a decision. They are finally doing it now because of peer pressure. Other companies made this decision weeks ago.

FWIW - I actually received my check from West Bend today.
The name of the Insurance Company is Utica National. It states “ Utica National “ is waiting state approval.just what my agent stated. You said she didn’t know what she was talking about. You were wrong, just admit it ,and stop trying to deflect.

Last edited by tigergto; 04-23-2020 at 05:52 AM.