Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 08-09-2018, 11:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Danny had so many problems that I'm surprised the car made it down the track. Between pieces of steel trapped between the layers on the head gaskets holding the heads up off the block. To rings getting washed out and blow by so bad it it looked like he was fogging for mosquito's at the end of the track. It's needless to say Danny wasn't having fun. This was on top of the fact that he found a crack in his block that was getting ready to go boom. So Danny miraculously found a new block only two weeks out from the race. Had to have it machined and finish assembled in the trailer at the track. Talk about dedication. His best pass was only an 8.13 and was super fat, but I have faith he will get it sorted out. I can tell you first hand there is no one else that works harder than Danny and Jennifer. Those people are seriously devoted to drag racing. I wish them luck and I'm sure we will see some good times from them.

330-628-3354 cell
Designer if the DCI Tiger Heads and the NEW DCI Ram Air 5 Heads !!!!!
Old 08-09-2018, 12:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dci View Post
Danny had so many problems that I'm surprised the car made it down the track. Between pieces of steel trapped between the layers on the head gaskets holding the heads up off the block. To rings getting washed out and blow by so bad it it looked like he was fogging for mosquito's at the end of the track. It's needless to say Danny wasn't having fun. This was on top of the fact that he found a crack in his block that was getting ready to go boom. So Danny miraculously found a new block only two weeks out from the race. Had to have it machined and finish assembled in the trailer at the track. Talk about dedication. His best pass was only an 8.13 and was super fat, but I have faith he will get it sorted out. I can tell you first hand there is no one else that works harder than Danny and Jennifer. Those people are seriously devoted to drag racing. I wish them luck and I'm sure we will see some good times from them.
Hi Don,
Can you tells us something about Danny's engine and how much does his car weigh?

Thanks,
Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 08-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dci View Post
If he didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all.

He is a great guy and deserves better. Glad you are in his corner, he will get there and soon.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
not long ago you said i had no class and that no one buys my heads.
now here you are contradicting yourself.. which is it? i think you made up that story in order to shame scott- so i'll make a bet with you-

have whoever it is that you say is interested in cv-1's call me- if thery're legit, then i'll be the first to post up that you were right and i was wrong.

i may even refer to you as 'king kinsler' in the post... but probably not

I still say you have no class but I am waiting on my I was right you were wrong post. Dont try and spin it any other way. Let's see it buddy. I can copy and past the text between me and person if you will not admit you were wrong. I will play it however you want

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 08-09-2018, 10:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kinsler View Post
I actually talked to someone 2 days ago that is thinking of buying a set and told the guy to buy them.
jason did call me today- he said you told him to, so suppose he's your ace?... one small problem tho-
i met jason at norwalk in 2016.... he told me there he decided BACK THEN to buy cv-1's... and had them LONG BEFORE you and he spoke '2 days ago'... in fact just shipped his valve covers he ordered couple weeks ago and have invoice to prove it.

Quote:
I am waiting on my I was right you were wrong post
like i said... probably not

Old 08-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2 View Post
jason did call me today- he said you told him to, so suppose he's your ace?... one small problem tho-
i met jason at norwalk in 2016.... he told me there he decided BACK THEN to buy cv-1's... and had them LONG BEFORE you and he spoke '2 days ago'... in fact just shipped his valve covers he ordered couple weeks ago and have invoice to prove it.

like i said... probably not
Hey dingbat, you told me to have him call you. He did and told you THE TRUTH and now your bringing up he bought his heads in 2016. Who gives a **** when he bought them, I did not bash your heads. You owe me an apology, typical of your camp and why you blame everyone else on your problems. That's ok everyone knew that you wouldn't live up to your end of the bargain!!

1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Butler Peformance
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 08-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Hey dingbat, you told me to have him call you. He did and told you THE TRUTH and now your bringing up he bought his heads in 2016. Who gives a **** when he bought them, I did not bash your heads. You owe me an apology, typical of your camp and why you blame everyone else on your problems. That's ok everyone knew that you wouldn't live up to your end of the bargain!!
Well, your story stated he was thinking about buying cv-1's... he already had them..but hey..its your story man..tell it any way you want.
Also, basically you're saying you started this thread to ask for a friend... suddenly you become the victim when you are called out by several people...myself included.. far as I'm concerned you can eat a bag of dicks...
Why would SEVERAL people eat popcorn, tell you to be humble ,and tell you to drop it?? Is it because you have history of being pro cv-1 or because you have a history of following your little crowd and stirring **** over the cv-1? I will let you answer that...
So get over yourself with the " I was being sincere " b.s.
Like I said...you have a fast and impressive car...be a leader in the Pontiac community and leave to b.s. to to keyboard racers like me..
I know, I'm unbelievable....

Old 08-09-2018, 11:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
Well, your story stated he was thinking about buying cv-1's... he already had them..but hey..its your story man..tell it any way you want.
Also, basically you're saying you started this thread to ask for a friend... suddenly you become the victim when you are called out by several people...myself included.. far as I'm concerned you can eat a bag of dicks...
Why would SEVERAL people eat popcorn, tell you to be humble ,and tell you to drop it?? Is it because you have history of being pro cv-1 or because you have a history of following your little crowd and stirring **** over the cv-1? I will let you answer that...
So get over yourself with the " I was being sincere " b.s.
Like I said...you have a fast and impressive car...be a leader in the Pontiac community and leave to b.s. to to keyboard racers like me..
I know, I'm unbelievable....
The phone call wasn't about cv1s, it was about something I sold him a while ago. He said something about Cv1's, I said positive things end of story. It's not about me or my car , stop bringing that up. I have always helped anyone who has asked me to, no matter which head or what combo. Get off Jim's nuts would ya. . I know, I'm unbelievable....

1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Butler Peformance
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 08-10-2018, 12:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If it’s any consolation, I too was curious about performance of CV1’s at Norwalk. I knew Mike McCarty was killing it as usual. But wasn’t sure about anyone else. Little disappointing that Fulton didn’t make it but not knowing why not going to bust on him, maybe logical explanation.

I want to see them (CV1’s) succeed (as is the case with anything Pontiac).

"Turbos make no noise and leave the line like Baby Diarrhea!" - GTOGeorge
Old 08-10-2018, 11:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO Dan View Post
If he didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all.

He is a great guy and deserves better. Glad you are in his corner, he will get there and soon.
Danny and Jennifer are without a doubt dedicated for sure.

They are the definition of either dedicated,or perseverance because they don't stop until the car repeats and no matter what form of drag racing you do....you have to have a car that repeats!

I think it would be awesome to see what happens if Danny ever happens to put a throttle stop on that.....100%INJUN.....ON A STICK
Because that sounds like a lot of fun! I wonder if he's ever thought about that idea?
Eat.....sleep......WHOMP.....REPEAT!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.854@160.12 in Brainerd MN 7/2024
Old 08-10-2018, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In Linder's lot he was talking of that.
Super Comp, run 190 MPH on 8.90 index.
(or more)

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probird View Post
Not sure how many were there but I would guess it would be Keith. He only made about 4 passes, didn't get a chance to tune it at all, and isn't even close to his best et to this point, but it did go 9.48 at 3500 lbs.
I know Keith went 9.36 @143 at Norwalk about five years ago.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 08-10-2018, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
In Linder's lot he was talking of that.
Super Comp, run 190 MPH on 8.90 index.
(or more)

Lofty goal for sure! Danny is a smart guy I'm sure he will find happy spot with fuel and timing and find the 8.90 1st and then his lawn dart will tell you what it wants from there.

For instance Keith's car.....He found a happy spot with fuel with his fuel injection in good air....but his car is telling him there needs to be a change when the DA is up around 3500-4000ft. He's also learning the car is happy in the 1/8th and not a happy camper in the 1/4...but when he only runs 1/4 mile once maybe twice of year his Focus has been on making the car happy in the 1/8th....Hats off to the guy for getting out from behind his computer and getting on the track! He's going to get a win this year I can feel it.

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.854@160.12 in Brainerd MN 7/2024

Last edited by S/st 54; 08-10-2018 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can I get his number and talk to him?

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 08-11-2018, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
I know Keith went 9.36 @143 at Norwalk about five years ago.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
Not bad with cracked heads that made more milkshakes in the oil pan than Dairy Queen. 9.36 is mid 5.90's in the 1/8th. He's been well into the 5.80's since then with 30 less ci.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Not bad with cracked heads that made more milkshakes in the oil pan than Dairy Queen. 9.36 is mid 5.90's in the 1/8th. He's been well into the 5.80's since then with 30 less ci.
I would hope so, it’s only been 5 years.

So he ran 5.80’s in the 1/8 at Norwalk in the summer heat?

I thought I read his vacuum pump doesn’t like 1/4 mile tracks.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420

Old 08-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65nss4spdGTO View Post
I would hope so, it’s only been 5 years.

So he ran 5.80’s in the 1/8 at Norwalk in the summer heat?

I thought I read his vacuum pump doesn’t like 1/4 mile tracks.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420
Calvin, You just have to keep throwing little jabs out there. I didn't really want to go here but if you throw jabs expect some to come back your way.

There is no reason he can't if the engine is healthy. It took him 2 years to recover from the first 2 blown up engines he got from you. He hasn't hurt it since he built it himself other than had to spend $2000 fixing the internal cracks in the cylinder heads he also got from you. That set his racing back another 6 months or so. Is there a common thread there or is it just a coincidence and Keith has bad luck? I don't know. He only has about 75 passes on this engine and has gone faster with less ci. We don't know yet what kind of issue it has developed in the last couple weeks. Maybe a crack from the combustion chamber into the engine internally, head gasket, crack in the head into the cooling system like before, bad oil leak, or?? It will get figured out. I do know that the bottom end has held up just fine.

I ran 9.38 5 years ago. I ran 9.35 this last weekend. I didn't think that was an issue. I ran 9.20's last year. I lowered the compression ratio and I don't have it set on kill this year. It's all about going rounds without working on it every weekend.

Old 08-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Calvin, You just have to keep throwing little jabs out there. I didn't really want to go here but if you throw jabs expect some to come back your way.

There is no reason he can't if the engine is healthy. It took him 2 years to recover from the first 2 blown up engines he got from you. He hasn't hurt it since he built it himself other than had to spend $2000 fixing the internal cracks in the cylinder heads he also got from you. That set his racing back another 6 months or so. Is there a common thread there or is it just a coincidence and Keith has bad luck? I don't know. He only has about 75 passes on this engine and has gone faster with less ci. We don't know yet what kind of issue it has developed in the last couple weeks. Maybe a crack from the combustion chamber into the engine internally, head gasket, crack in the head into the cooling system like before, bad oil leak, or?? It will get figured out. I do know that the bottom end has held up just fine.

I ran 9.38 5 years ago. I ran 9.35 this last weekend. I didn't think that was an issue. I ran 9.20's last year. I lowered the compression ratio and I don't have it set on kill this year. It's all about going rounds without working on it every weekend.
Don’t confuse everyone with facts...
I feel bad for him and have never even met Keith...I would have never even know It had CV-1 heads except for the billboard on the back glass. Is that a contingency deal? Lol

Old 08-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Boy, you guys bitch about noobs not using the search function and asking the same questions over and over.
Give it a rest will ya. Get together and pound the tarnation out of each other over stupid car parts to prove who the really cool guy is on a friggen website.
Or better yet, seach “****ing idiots fighting over car parts”. You will get tons of threads and save everyone else the “peacock show”.
It’s like listening to a bunch of whores arguing over who has the best dildo....

236 244@ .050 108 LSA .511 lift, duration 289,297 @.oo6
Edelbrock Aluminum 87cc round port heads Larger valves ,ported polished and cut
Powerjection3,T2 manifold, Try-y’s
Flowcooler water pump.
71 formula with TKO600,hydraulic clutch 3.42 posi and 26 inch tire.
17x9 YO Honeycombs with Nitto 555's
Old 08-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Rick,

You being the acohol fuel expert, have you ever had issues overheating your engine? You run two different fuel systems so you can build heat in your motor. Why was he constantly over heating his engine running alky. Speaking of that first engine, the one that blew up after he brought back to the pits when his water pump wasn’t working and was overheated, yes next pass it went boom. Guess what, I replaced it at my cost, not his. Kinda hard to get a warranty on race engines.

I simply pointed out that Keith went faster at Norwalk 5 years ago,. Now you are telling me that POS ugly headed engine is making more power than yours? I remember way back when you were constantly taking shots about these heads.

With all these experts helping him now, just wondering why he is still slower and still having issues?

Must be the heads.

Calvin Hill
Hill Performance
708-250-7420