Old 02-19-2018, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The '67 pictured is not Signet Gold. Almost no '67's are actually repainted Signet Gold, from what I've seen. Most are redone in Tiger Gold or another, much golder color. Signet Gold is a very pale, drab, washed-out fawn color...not very gold at all. I had my '67 repainted Signet Gold in '86, hated it, and when the paint went dead in a couple of years, repainted it '68 Flambeaux Burgundy. Never looked back. Doing it today, I'd of probably painted it Tiger Gold and let it go as 'almost' original color.

Old 02-19-2018, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeteeohguy View Post
The '67 pictured is not Signet Gold. Almost no '67's are actually repainted Signet Gold, from what I've seen. Most are redone in Tiger Gold or another, much golder color. Signet Gold is a very pale, drab, washed-out fawn color...not very gold at all. I had my '67 repainted Signet Gold in '86, hated it, and when the paint went dead in a couple of years, repainted it '68 Flambeaux Burgundy. Never looked back. Doing it today, I'd of probably painted it Tiger Gold and let it go as 'almost' original color.
Funny that you mentioned that. Back in the mid 70's I bought a pretty nice 67 original paint Signet Gold GTO with an auto and the HO engine. It was my daily driver back then and I was coming home from work one Friday afternoon and the police chief's son ran a red light and I hit him damaging the passenger front fender, the grill surround, the bumper, bumper arms and the wheelwell trim. The police chief's on didn't have a DL, so I got an estimate from the highest place in town (a little over $400 back then) and he could pay me fast enough out of his pocket. He also paid me an extra $100 'for my troubles'.

With my contacts back then I was able to round up a set of Rally II wheels, a new set of Goodyear tires AND have the car repaired and painted ALL OVER for less than the original estimate. I didn't know the difference back then but the painter painted it in Tiger Gold. Shortly after that something splashed up on the passenger side of the car and spotted up the paint to where it needed to be repainted. I didn't have time to take it back to the guy who did the original repairs so I had a local guy just sand and repaint it from the pinstripe down. He actually got the color correct and it or course it didn't match! But what could I do? He got the correct color by the trim tag.

It was obvious to me and I just couldn't stand it. I had paid $400 for the car and now it had nice wheels, new tires and new paint. I took a couple of guys for rides in it and the 400 HO engine sold it! $1400; I thought I had made a fortune!

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 02-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I purchased this car in November 2017 for $22k. 4 speed car, never rusty, 1969 engine.
I think its true value may have been closer to 28k.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171118_101658_resized.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	476078   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171118_101707_resized.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	476079   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171118_104258_001_resized.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	476080   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171118_102023_resized.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	476081   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171118_104309_resized.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	476082  

Old 02-22-2018, 10:45 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I purchased this car in November 2017 for $22k. 4 speed car, never rusty, 1969 engine.
Nice! I'd say you got a bargain.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I think you're dead right. You got a great deal on that car!! NICE!

Old 02-24-2018, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
How do you come across a deal like this?

Old 02-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbys View Post
How do you come across a deal like this?
CASH, lots of CASH!

Old 02-24-2018, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I only deal in cash and haven't come across a deal like this.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just in case anyone is curious... the owner added more info(slightly worse condition than originally believed) and lowered the price a couple thousand and the car was sold. I was actually kind of surprised because with the added info I thought it would be worth about what you guys were saying(mid teens) on the absolute high end. Oh well. Thanks for all the advice. It's great to have such a wealth of knowledge to draw from.