Old 01-22-2018, 02:17 PM
Senior Chief

Clay,
like this???

I drew this real quick if you can tell...lol

I want my driveway to look like I'm stuck in the 70's!!!!
Old 01-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Yes

Something like that. By that video, it should work without the jumper you've got drawn in there from NO to the other relay/wiper motor terminal.

Video used one wire with the jumper, where you will be using two relays to do it.

Those 5 terminal bosh are extremely popular and most part stores keep them in stock. That's why I mentioned them. A 4 terminal that's normally closed probably wouldn't be as easy to come by.

Make up some jumper wires and try it on the car. One hot and two grounds. If it works and there's no amp draw on that one grounded terminal (in park)....should be a piece of cake.

Clay

Old 01-22-2018, 04:09 PM
Senior Chief

ok this would work with what you are saying.. it would run on high and it would park when the 12v was dropped from #6

but then you have to do the low speed.. thats why I was adding other relay.. So the other relay would ground #3 and # 1 would still be picking up the ground from the N.C. on the HI relay.. Confusing huh??

Also I will add that if you pull BOTH grounds the motor will still continue on and park itself. It uses the motor ground to finish the 12v circuit. Under that part that he said not to mess with is a resistor and a switch that controls the park mechanism.. I know cause I broke the first one looking at it..its what I do, break ****...lol

I have these relays sitting around, I use them all the time. they are great. I want to go home and test this now without the diodes.

Old 01-23-2018, 07:32 AM
Senior Chief

Clay,

I went home last night and tested the latest theory. Wires and jumpers every direction, but It Works.

When you pointed out that I could leave #1 grounded and it would still park, and to use the N.C. side of relay #2 is when it clicked to me.
I turn low on and relay #1 supplies ground to #3 and it runs slow. #1 is grounded thru Relay#2
when I go to High relay #1 drops out and relay #2 removes ground from #1 and grounds #3 and it runs on Hi..

Thanks for your help.

Now if any other idiot puts a 1970 wiper motor in a car with 2006 controls we know how to help him.. :-)

Old 01-23-2018, 10:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just makes it more MUTANT?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates