Old 07-15-2017, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

How did this end?

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 07-15-2017, 10:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My son ended up buying a 1965 Lemans for only $4500, its a driver, but needs some brake work.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
Don't care if it was Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Cars can be converted.

But come to think of it, bands like Poison and Crue back in the mid 80's weren't exactly pulling off a big manly bad-ass image. Think "Look What The Cat Dragged In". Nuff said!

There was a 69 FB (maybe T/A?) in the 67-69 FB section that was somewhat of a time capsule survivor. Those are cool. It reminded me of being in HS in the 80's, where EVERYBODY had Cragar SS's, and getting a sweet JVC cassette deck with a killer set of 100W 6x9's was livin' the dream.

Yeah, the music we listened to, and how we played it, definitely tells our age. Our in-car music was played on 8-track tapes. Don't know when the small cassettes came along. But it had to be after my daily driver Musclecar days. Took my '69 Goat to a Tape City USA audio shop, and had a Pioneer 8-track installed, along with 2 small speakers in each door.

My first experience with an 8-track was in a '68 SS 396 Chevelle. A drinkin buddy bought the car in late '67, and had dual glasspacks installed, along with an 8-track tape deck. It made lots of noise, inside & out. He liked country music. So he introduced me to some of the country music greats, like Hank Williams, Charlie Pride, Conway Twiddy, Marty Robbins, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Skeeter Davis, Dolly Parton, and others. Our favorite was Hank Williams Greatest Hits. After quite a few(too many) adult beverages, we'd sing along with every Hank song, like: Your Cheatin Heart, Hey Good Lookin, Jambalaya, Kaw-Liga, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hank-William...3D263077434323

When I put the 8-track in my '69 Goat, I listened to country, plus some of the pop/rock/Motown of the day. Stuff like: CCR, Beach Boys, Elvis, Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels, Paul Revere & The Raiders, Neil Diamond, Johnny Rivers, Steppenwolf, Hendrix, etc. One of our favorites, for years, was The Best of Percy Sledge. Don't know how many of his 8-tracks I bought. Wore out several. They were black, when I first started buyin 'em. But the last few were hot pink. Percy's music was loved by lots of guys & gals.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEST-OF-...3D201907808081

Later in '69, I bought another Pioneer system for my girl friend's '68 Camaro. She listened to some of the same tapes I did, plus Issac Hays Hot Buttered Soul, James Taylor, and a few others I didn't care for.

Last edited by ponyakr; 07-16-2017 at 11:16 AM.