THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

WTF snottsdale?

Old 07-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
My brother's place a few days ago. This is how close the Santa Clarita fire was to his home before the air drops prevented it from getting into the neighborhood. He lives across the road from a valley that burned. He was supposed to evacuate but stayed.
108, if not in the fire zone.
Those DC10's being used for fire retarding drops are Gods gift. We have them deployed over here in OZ during our summer months (your winters). I have a great mate who lives in a hilly area in the country about 60 miles from the city. His local area was surrounded by a rapidly advancing fire 2 years back and but for the helicopters and DC10, we may well have lost some great friends.

Thank you

Old 07-28-2016, 07:29 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanickeith View Post
10 pm,, still 107 degrees!
Maybe you should move out of the desert.

Old 07-28-2016, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was out there last weekend for work. What a miserable place to be! Lol it was over 115 outside and almost 20 degrees hotter in the plant; not to mention when steam was on it got humid!

1967 GTO, 432 (428+.030), 4-bolt mains, factory Nodular crank, scat rods, icon dished pistons, Lunati HR 243/251@.050, .618/.622 lift, Edelbrock 72cc round port heads, 10.5:1, offy 2-4 intake, Edelbrock 650cfm carbs, Super T10 trans (2.64 first), BOP 10 bolt w/ Eaton posi and 3.36 gears
Old 07-28-2016, 11:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The pool is too hot, and I can't even comfortably do work on the car at 3:00 am. 1st world problems fo sho.

I guess it's better than shoveling snow. Shoveling sunshine is so much less work.

But hey... We get 9 months of f'n AWESOME the rest of the year! And the warmer temps makes the "scenery" a little hotter too.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Perfect drag racing weather from October to May makes up for 3 hot months

Old 07-29-2016, 01:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Phoenix basically has 2 seasons year round,,, Heaven & Hell. Right now we are smack in the middle of Hell. But, As Steve said, its not all bad here in Az this time of the year. Just about any where in the high country its pretty nice. This time of the year when the monsoons are in full swing, if you go up to Hannigain Meadow,, the high temps for the day will be in the mid 50's. So,, we tough it out for the few summer months of high heat & drive our classics year round. Right now I have 107 degrees at 10:21 pm. Tomorrows low morning temp will be around 94 degrees. This weekend is forecast to be thunder storms with a high in the upper 90's. Tomorrow at 2:30 when I clock off,,, I'm headed to high country!

POCI.org
Old 07-29-2016, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The wife and I always like to go to PHX...but we haven't been during the summer. Been there in 105 air temp....seems ok. Been in Vegas @110...stayed in the shade...not bad.

Here it's been in the mid 90's @ 95%..........bad.

I'll take PHX any day, my wife has rheumatoid arthritis, can't stand the cold either.

No place is perfect. My son just bought some land in Payson....I see some serious travelling in the near future.

George

Old 07-29-2016, 10:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The really nice thing about being in town during the summer is that a lot of people are gone...traffic is light, no wait times at restaurants, theaters are empty, etc.

Old 07-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

True
But once school starts (last week here) it's back to business as usual.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68azbird View Post
True
But once school starts (last week here) it's back to business as usual.
Ok, now you've hit a sore spot...it makes no sense to me why they make the kids go back to school the hottest time of the year

Old 07-29-2016, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by george kujanski View Post
The wife and I always like to go to PHX...but we haven't been during the summer. Been there in 105 air temp....seems ok. Been in Vegas @110...stayed in the shade...not bad.

Here it's been in the mid 90's @ 95%..........bad.

I'll take PHX any day, my wife has rheumatoid arthritis, can't stand the cold either.

No place is perfect. My son just bought some land in Payson....I see some serious travelling in the near future.

George
It seems like you mention 2 extremes and picking one over the other? I like my choice- something in the middle. Just want to enjoy milder weather, do not like either extremes. Glad there are choices for all of us though.
The 18th annual Pontiac Heaven weekend will be in December this year. We'll see how it does as there are a lot of snowbirds in town. Had wanted it in early November but, this years dates already taken. It was Dec or nothing ( for 2016). For 2017 and 2018 Pontiac Heaven weekend will be in eary November. That is normally the nicest, mildest time of the entire year in the Phoenix area. Payson is nice but, too crowded for me. It is pretty, nice weather, lakes near by, lots of pluses for some.
It all depends on what you can afford too For professional people making great money $600 a month power bills are no big deal. Money can make anyone comfy no matter what the weather is. Glad there are places for all of us.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 07-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Monsoon rain now
20 degree drop in 5 minutes
Riders on the storm

Old 07-30-2016, 01:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Monsoon rain now
20 degree drop in 5 minutes
Riders on the storm
we had a lot of wind and rain 3-5pm timeframe. then it was nice again. we played softball, I bought a sweatshirt but, ended up not needing it. My power bill this summer has averaged about $50/mo. love it. Very little a/c use in eastern Az.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 08-03-2016, 11:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ahhhhhhh
Humidity just like Florida

Old 08-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The Phoenix area got between 1.5 & 3 inches of rain last night in as little as 1 hour!!

http://www.cbs5az.com/story/32603634...autostart=true

POCI.org
Old 08-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Suspended

I almost took the bird for a cruise last night. If it rained in my area it must have been pretty late.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Ahhhhhhh
Humidity just like Florida
Worked out in the yard last Tuesday morning from 7:30-11:00AM. Changed shirts 3 times due to the humidity. Can't get back to IN soon enough...

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 08-04-2016, 12:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
Worked out in the yard last Tuesday morning from 7:30-11:00AM. Changed shirts 3 times due to the humidity. Can't get back to IN soon enough...
Familiar routine here.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:07 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanickeith View Post
The Phoenix area got between 1.5 & 3 inches of rain last night in as little as 1 hour!!

http://www.cbs5az.com/story/32603634...autostart=true
Rain and thunder storms started again ( been doing it on and off for the last week ) this morning in Prescott. Had to drive down to Chandler on business. From Cordes Lakes to New River, I-17 was a curtain of rain and in the low areas of 17 the road flooded out. Returned to Prescott by 7:30 tonight and had rain and thunderstorms from Mayer to Prescott, it's 68 degrees right now and we've got a high of 77 degrees tomorrow. Honestly Keith, I don't know how you and my son and his family put up with it. We hate going down in the summer.