Old 04-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hmmmm.... If I could go back in time I'd stroll into my '72 Pontiac dealership and order new Trans Am... 4 speed of course, even though the strike and diminishing interest in muscle was resulting in very low production numbers.

And after listening to the dealer say he probably couldn't guarantee a 4-speed, if any TA at all, I'd open up the Pontiac color charts, and just to be different, order it in Adriatic Blue Metallic, instead of Lucerne... just to throw off onlookers who think the Lucy blue is too close a match to the popular Camaro Mulsanne Blue.

By this time, the salesman has lost interest in my whimsical order, but I see a 'Pontiac's of the Future' brochure in the District Zone Managers attache, who just happens to be visiting the dealership that day. Flipping through the manual I come across a color rendering of an Ivory/Blue interior that Pontiac is planning for the '74 year model.

Imagining the TA donned in Adriatic Blue with white and black stripes over an Ivory/Blue interior with a shaker breathing 455 H.O. straddled to an M22 Muncie 4-speed rockcrusher and 3.42:1 rear end... I'm starting to get very excited, when, around the corner comes the District Zone Manager.

After explaining what I'm doing in his attache, and filling him in on my dream order, he is becoming equally enamored with this vision. "Let me call my friend Bill Mitchell and see what his thoughts are". The dealership sales manager is impressed the District Zone Manager has this kind of access to the VP of GM Engineering Studio. My original salesman has gone from dis-interested to looking like a deer caught in the headlights... wondering what is currently transpiring.

After a short call, the zone manager comes out of the sales manager's office explaining that Bill thinks this is a great idea. 'Bill reminded me that TA's are exclusively to be ordered in Lucy Blue or Cameo white, but then mentioned the pearlized look of Adriatic Blue and ivory/blue interior will be the blue version of a very similar car Bill had built in pearlized white with Ivory/blue leather interior; but don't tell anybody about the comparison, because no one knows why or who Bill had that car built for'. None of us would know at the time what Bill was really talking about with regards to the white TA, but we are all happy Bill embraced the idea, and car is commissioned for build!

That would be a dream order. I wonder what would happen if a dream car like that was ever ordered? I bet it would be treated like gold and pampered it's whole life. Never let out to street fight, or free range. Certainly it would be treated better than this old beater:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adriancirca19872s.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	395233  

Old 04-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The cars I own now would be a good start....they would've been a hell of a lot cheaper..

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
Old 04-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1971 Hemi Cuda, Vert, 4-spd, blue, white interior, black top, wing, fog lights, and rallys.
1970 TA RAIV 4-spd, blue with deluxe black interior and rally.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Senior Chief

Since this is the 70-73 F body section I'll keep it simple, 1973 SD 4spd T/A, red with black deluxe interior with white seats.
....otherwise my list is very long.

Old 04-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Senior Chief

Non Pontiac : 71 Cuda 426 Hemi Vert 4 speed

Pontiac : 67 RA1 GTO convertible 4 speed

Firebird : 69 TA RAIV 4 speed Vert

Lots of others if I could go back in time. But this should have been worded
as: back in time with unlimited funds.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default dream order

69 raiv TA vert, red deluxe. .