Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 08-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Boost Engineer

Here is the KEY:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
To the Pontiac person, your engine will not look stock.

To those without Pontiac knowledge, they won't know the difference.

Build whatever engine you want, hang 350 emblems on the car and let people think "Man, what a good running 350 engine."

It's you money. Do what you want! Good luck!
Pretty much says it all.

Why does everyone want to be like Wangers and look people in the eye and say it's all stock? Like Doug posted, any somewhat knowledgeable person will reply with "RIGHT"
and walk away ('thinking Lying SOB, who does this guy think he is kidding'). I personally have thought this 1000 times when I hear the BS these people are spouting.

But again as Doug posted, it is your money, your car, and (my feeling) your line of BS that you are responsible for.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not speaking for the OP or anyone else but I like the stock look. That does not constitute trying to fool anybody, feed them any BS, or attempting to be like whomever. I simply like the way Pontiacs looked when they were built. I'm not building a 100 point show car, just want to somewhat retain factory looks but get better performance.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Boost Engineer

Karl, I got nothing bad to say about your philosophy.

Stock look, but fast is what most strive for. Tuners and Car Guys have always tried to get better performance vs what the factory gave them. Perfectly understandable.

Like I posted, let the car speak for itself, answer questions honestly, and treat the people like a brother or sister vs the Rube that you can make some cash off of.

Simple.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess an 8-71 is out of the question?

Old 08-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paint it blue, put a pontiac logo on it, no one will be the wiser

Old 08-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

When we extrude honed the intakes of our two strokers, we lost power, but gained on the exhaust side. Intakes like the rougher surfaces for better atomization- exhaust side, smooth is the rules.