THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Didn't the France family buy SPEED several years ago? It was their effort to promote NASCAR and nothing else.
Over the years it evolved to more than just that by including other forms of motorsports programming.
I guess FOX made them an offer they couldn't refuse......
SELLOUTS!!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

+3 Velocity.

1969 Pontiac GTO - Back On Top - Popular Hot Rodding Magazine
Old 08-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My problem is Dish doesn't have Velocity as part of the package I have, would have to add another package to get it and right now my budget can't afford that

A poor man has poor ways.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I predict failure for the Fox Sports ! as it is now. You already have ESPN, ESPN1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. What else do you need? Not Fox Sports 1.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What bugs me about today's sports broadcasts, football in particular is all the so called expert analysts that hype up the game. How many do they need 10, 20, 30 of these guys on the air in the studio talking bs?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 PM

I'm going to miss Danelle Trotta in her short skirts and heels. Monster jam and off road truck racing, and even On the Edge, and of course pass time. I don't get Velocity either damn it.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdclassics View Post
What bugs me about today's sports broadcasts, football in particular is all the so called expert analysts that hype up the game. How many do they need 10, 20, 30 of these guys on the air in the studio talking bs?
Yeah, I quit watching pre game and post game shows years ago, Tune in at kick off and tune out when it's over, usually change channels during half time too rather than watch the half time show, the only one I will watch sometimes is when they show highlights from other games around the country.

With so much racing and car type shows going on you'd think a dedicated network could make a go of it. I'll watch a tape delayed race over a talking head show anyday.
I wonder how much longer the Power block will be around on Spike.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbys View Post
You already have ESPN, ESPN1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. What else do you need? Not Fox Sports 1.
And when it comes to motorsports they suck too... waiting for the Japanese little league or tennis or some other sport in overtime to finish up before NHRA comes on ... we need a channel that covers for us gearheads......

370 Posts and holding...
Old 08-19-2013, 10:46 PM
Senior Chief

Speed had been fading for a while. Loved the original SPEED, had a little bit of everything, rally cars, sprints, dirt tracks and even boating shows.

67 Firebird Convertible - SOLD
80 Firebird Formula Turbo
Old 08-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Senior Chief

IS IT JUST ME OR ARE ALL THE CHANNELS PLAYING MORE COMMERCIALS THAN PROGRAM MING????

Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith h View Post
And when it comes to motorsports they suck too... waiting for the Japanese little league or tennis or some other sport in overtime to finish up before NHRA comes on ... we need a channel that covers for us gearheads......
Man that erks me too, I usually put an extra 1 1/2 to 2 hrs on the recording and sometimes I need every bit of it.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Fox Sports 1 did exactly what I thought they do. They brought in smokin' hot girls to be anchors for their shows.

Soooo....will you guys be watching now?

The host of their NFL football show, Carissa Thompson:

The host of their NCAA football show, Erin Andrews:

Additional commentators: Julie-Stewart-Binks

Molly McGrath

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeNoun For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2013, 02:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

OK, Mike. Got my attention now.

I will miss Pass Time. I watch a decent amount of Velocity. Reruns of Overhaulin are still cool - Courtney was a fave, and AJ, although not as hot as Courtney, had an awesome energetic and intelligent persona.

I'm cool with more sports options. Competition is a good thing. I think FS1 will evolve. As long as I can get sports and NFL coverage options that go beyond the usual lather/rinse/repeat of Jets/Patriots/Cowboys. I am currently getting fed up with so much babble on Sanchez vs. Smith, Brady's latest hangnail, Romo's latest leadership crisis, and especially all the incessant talk about RGIII's recovery.

As long as Carissa, Erin, and the other ladies round out the FS1 lineup, I am in. My shallowness runs very deep.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mike they don't impress me as I'm not a fan of pro football, baseball, or any of the others. What really irks me is the way they show the same breaking news right in the middle of the truck race last night, same thing about six times in one hour, or so it seemed. And couldn't find Race Hub on yesterday, just like ESPN's NASCAR Now, bouncing it around to different times during the day, only a half hour now and not rerun the next morning like it was on Speed. Plus in NASCAR when someone is suspended on drug violations they are suspended, not like these overpaid airheads that don't like to pay the price for their stupidity (i.e. A-Rod) or think they are above the law because they got caught driving drunk and reckless and then cry to the public to support them and say they were singled out because of who they are, BS. If they're in the wrong then pay the price. Had to vent and put in my quarter this morning.

A poor man has poor ways.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure why the Erin Andrews pic didn't display, but here it is again.

Personally, from what I've seen so far, I don't care for Fox Sports 1. They took ESPN's formula, but somehow, something is wrong in the recipe. Their content seems to be scattered and disjointed. But it may work with the younger generation, who seem to have the attention span of a flea.

The formula? Get a bunch of ex-jocks, analysts, and writers, put them on a panel, then use some hot blonde as the moderator to use as eye candy. To me, it's insulting, but I guess they have to do whatever works. With our pop culture, hot blondes will always have a job on TV.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeNoun For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2013, 02:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain42082 View Post
IS IT JUST ME OR ARE ALL THE CHANNELS PLAYING MORE COMMERCIALS THAN PROGRAM MING????
YES. I was watching the truck race wen night it was 200 laps, To me with all the commercials I think i only saw 80 laps Very sad.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
Not sure why the Erin Andrews pic didn't display, but here it is again.

With our pop culture, hot blondes will always have a job on TV.
I have no problem with that. It certainly is more entertaining than 200 laps of go fast-turn left.