THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ain't getting old fun.. Just kidding ya David...that looks very uncomfortable and I can relate to the pain...
I did my right arm years ago but they said surgery was out...I have a "Pop Eye" bicep now..whatever that means. It did hurt like H when it happened. Your deal sounds more serious..
It sux but you can handle it.....get well soon.
Sounds like back to eating over the Holidays..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 12-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ouch. And I thought having surgery for tennis elbow sucked.....here is to a speedy recovery.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
Since turning 50 4 years ago.......

Cancer....chemo and radiation.
Skin cancer on the nose...removed
Lower back issues....a shot and better until recently when I was treated for a "jammed" back. That was fun.
Mid back issues....shot and just deal with it. Thoracic spine disc disease.
Numerous kidney stones. Passed a couple of small ones. Doc went after one and also shattered a 6mm and a 10mm. All at various separate times over the last 3-4 years.

I'm accused around here of working my way through the medical dictionary.........
Well, all that proves that you're a tough ol' bird. Get well soon!

Old 12-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some guys will do ANYTHING for some attention . . .

J/K David. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Got an idea for your new forum name - "Protractor Man", LOL.

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 12-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Many thanks guys...each of you.

A shower is an adventure. By the time I got done this morning the shirt I had forced over my arm was soaked......in sweat. Button up some Levi's? Shave? Talk on the phone and write notes at the same time? Stop at a drive through?

Saturday morning I wandered off for breakfast and ended up at a local place named Jack's. Basic fast food. They have a lady named Pat that works the lobby, cleaning up, busing tables...smiling. She's been there for years. I came in and after explaining what had happened to a group of employees Pat shooed me to a table. When she brought out my pancakes and eggs she sat it down and asked if it was alright if she opened the syrups....as she was doing it. Straw open? Fork open? Done. She even asked if I wanted her to cut up the pancakes...."no Pat, if I think I've got that one". My $6 breakfast got her a $5 tip. People want to know what happened (most cringe...) and they want to help.

No matter how bad the news looks in the evening, most of this world is full of great people.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I can't wait to get the itemized bill and find out what was billed for this brace.

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
I have frozen shoulder,which is very painfull, and well its a pain to wipe!
My right shoulder (I'm right-handed) has had limited movement in some axis for years. I haven't even been to a doc about it, as there's NO way I'm gonna have surgery on my right shoulder.

I ain't lettin' NOBODY clean MY backside for weeks / months!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd-TX View Post
My right shoulder (I'm right-handed) has had limited movement in some axis for years. I haven't even been to a doc about it, as there's NO way I'm gonna have surgery on my right shoulder.

I ain't lettin' NOBODY clean MY backside for weeks / months!
I agree....if you have to....you will find a way...trust me.
....and there are worse things..
Good luck with shoulder..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Since turning 50 4 years ago.......

Cancer....chemo and radiation.
Skin cancer on the nose...removed
Lower back issues....a shot and better until recently when I was treated for a "jammed" back. That was fun.
Mid back issues....shot and just deal with it. Thoracic spine disc disease.
Numerous kidney stones. Passed a couple of small ones. Doc went after one and also shattered a 6mm and a 10mm. All at various separate times over the last 3-4 years.

I'm accused around here of working my way through the medical dictionary.........
Just proves your one tough bird David. Nothing keeps you down.

I'm dieing to ask and surprised nobody else has said this: How the heck did you get the GTO in your basement?

Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Many thanks guys...each of you.

A shower is an adventure. By the time I got done this morning the shirt I had forced over my arm was soaked......in sweat. Button up some Levi's? Shave? Talk on the phone and write notes at the same time? Stop at a drive through?

Saturday morning I wandered off for breakfast and ended up at a local place named Jack's. Basic fast food. They have a lady named Pat that works the lobby, cleaning up, busing tables...smiling. She's been there for years. I came in and after explaining what had happened to a group of employees Pat shooed me to a table. When she brought out my pancakes and eggs she sat it down and asked if it was alright if she opened the syrups....as she was doing it. Straw open? Fork open? Done. She even asked if I wanted her to cut up the pancakes...."no Pat, if I think I've got that one". My $6 breakfast got her a $5 tip. People want to know what happened (most cringe...) and they want to help.

No matter how bad the news looks in the evening, most of this world is full of great people.
Great quote and very true.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
I have frozen shoulder,which is very painfull, and well its a pain to wipe!
I bet it's hard to wash under the opposite armpit as well.
I had F/S a year ago and was living with the pain for months because unemployed & no insurance. I didn't even know what F/S was until I broke down and went to the Dr. in late Dec. It had gotten to the point where I couldn't put on a coat without help. Was painful even when laying on my back, then even on my opposite side in bed.

After three months therapy out of my own pocket, I was at about 80% movement. Quit (going) the therapy when figured I could do everything at home on my own. I still can't place the back of my hand on my spine any higher than kidneys.
But at least I can wipe right handed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyd-TX
This was my attitude, thinking it would heal on it's own, or at least I wouldn't be paying back the medical bill for the rest of my life.
I learned from the therapist that without therapy, the frozen shoulder would eventually return to 'normal' after about two years.
I'm glad I went to the doc. And if I had gone 2-3 months sooner, I think the therapy would have been more effective & I would not have the lingering problems.

Last edited by Lightfoot; 12-18-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

my therapist gave me some rather large rubber band like things I have on a couple doors in the house and use them as much as I remember, while the dog looks at me funny. The pain was a bit more than I had thought. When they told me what it was I first though, OH heating pads!, I was so wrong.. got my arm yanked about out in therapy many times, I just called the guy "Pain".
well I know I got to keep stretching....

Old 12-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
How the heck did you get the GTO in your basement?
Paul, it lives in the basement and was already there. I was simply rolling it backward a little bit.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Paul, it lives in the basement and was already there. I was simply rolling it backward a little bit.
Let me get this straight, you have a car in your basement, below ground concrete walls on all sides? Need to walk down stairs as the only way to get down there?

Old 12-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Doors.......Southern thing?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ultimate2.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	306691  

Old 12-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

LOL....Must be. Up north we call them garages

Great pic of your car by the way.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66 View Post
LOL....Must be. Up north we call them garages

Great pic of your car by the way.
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You too David. Feel better. Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's one thing I'd love to have...One of those basements with a garage door on it.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Suspended

Quote:
...A shower is an adventure. By the time I got done this morning the shirt I had forced over my arm was soaked......in sweat. Button up some Levi's?...
VELCRO!!!! Hint! Hint!

Hang in there and wishing you get well soon.