Old 10-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

here's my before and after pictures. Anyone going to vote on the side of no stripes?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P0002353a.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	145554   Click image for larger version

Name:	P0002381a.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	145555  

Old 10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its not the stripe that sets this picture off, its the different wheels LOL

Nice ride, Looks good with the stripe!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69goatboy View Post
I hear ya, most of the (champagne) interior pieces that I have have turned sort of a baby crap yellowish-goldish-greenish color. I still have some items, if you are if need of something in particular, PM me and I'll see if I can find it amongst the many boxes I have everything in. My car is down to a rolling chassis with a empty body attached right now.

Mine's going black stock looking interior and a non-standard color exterior when I get to it.
Yes, you are absolutely correct about the different shades of color on these interiors. Heck even in this photo, the colors appear much worse (matching) on the hard plastic parts than they really are. I guess it is the camera flash.

Goatboy, I sold a white 67 Chevelle to a guy in West Chester a year ago. Do you know him? I think he is a distributor for automotive memorabila.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dennis, car looks great with the stripes. Did not realize that car was yours, I have seen the pic before.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have removed decals from my car in the past that had been on the car for ten years, and light polishing of the paint with clear coat polish was all that was needed to remove traces of where they were. To remove them just heat them up good and hot with a hair dryer a small section at a time and just peel them off.....they come
right off when they are hot. The cars in previous posts that had marks in the paint that wouldn't come out probably had stripes put
on them before the paint was finished curing......probably put on the next day after painting by someone who couldn't wait too see how they were going to look.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh68gto View Post
Dennis, car looks great with the stripes. Did not realize that car was yours, I have seen the pic before.
Thanks!

yep, posted that here before a long time ago, maybe in relation to a thread about the BF's or the rim colors. I still need to get the new black top on that I have for it that's been sitting in the cellar rolled in a blanket for the past 3 years. I rushed at the end to get it on the road and skipped the new top since the old one wasn't ripped and can't be seen when the tops down. The black stripe would accent the black top better than the white top, and the white in my stripes looks better to me matching the parchment interior than a red/yellow/stripe would have. (those are red/white/black stripes on there now)

69customs -- yea, it's not a true apples to apples comparison with the roller wheels to the rally's but I'd planned on putting the stripes on from the get go so there was no version of the finished car without stripes and rally's! The wheels were the last thing I did for it.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Keep stripes,ditch The Judge decals
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00030.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	145687  

Old 10-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm surprised Dennis hasn't mentioned he's been hounding me to put the stripes on my convert ( - the judge decals ). I'm going to do it, and just to irritate him, I'm putting on the red/yellow/blue stripes that BELONG on Starlight Black. Pffff on the red/white/black

Old 10-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh, and Karfever, nice car by the way, and I'm with everyone else, leave the stripes, ditch the Judges decals.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69gtocv View Post
I'm surprised Dennis hasn't mentioned he's been hounding me to put the stripes on my convert ( - the judge decals ). I'm going to do it, and just to irritate him, I'm putting on the red/yellow/blue stripes that BELONG on Starlight Black. Pffff on the red/white/black
I made an effort not to drag you into this! Now the gloves are off pal, I'll give you a month to get them on before I swing by your house on my way to Montana to spray some stain on a certain new log house I know of. I'll be bringing your Christmas present by, some nice red/WHITE/black stripes! You can't hide behind what color combo is "correct" because technically it's not correct for them to even BE on the car!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:07 PM

Keep the stripes, ditch the judge decals.

http://photobucket.com/harleycops68GTO