Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 10-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's some info as well.

http://www.dragracingonline.com/live...orlando-1.html

Looks like your buddy Scott qualified 8th. Great job!

9.81 @ 136.39MPH
Old 10-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Fish

Timmy Lynch FTW! (For The Win)

YouTube videos.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Timmy Lynch FTW! (For The Win)
Lynch was #1 qualifier, but Team Mobley took the win!!!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mobleys cars are always fast on a SICK level. What did he run at 85-80 in the 1/8th before they closed the track? 4.80? 4.70? That's SUPER SICK on that track.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

4.80, 4.70 isn't that fast anymore for a 10.5 car, Mobley's cars run well into the .50's.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
Mobleys cars are always fast on a SICK level. What did he run at 85-80 in the 1/8th before they closed the track? 4.80? 4.70? That's SUPER SICK on that track.
Where is 85-80?

YouTube videos.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Langer
4.80, 4.70 isn't that fast anymore for a 10.5 car, Mobley's cars run well into the .50's.
It is at 75-80.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry Might be a little long. Stock suspension DR info only.

Well finally back, getting re-organized and unloaded today.

There were over 105 cars in the Stock Suspension Drag radial class.
91 actually made it down the track.
There were 7 cars in the 7's.
Top qualifier I think was a 7.60 something.
There was a Corvette out of NY that qualified #1 till last round.
They should have never let the Vette in as it had a solid rear axle set up!!!!
They never looked at a Mustang that made passes on ET streets.

The Bump was a 8.41 with a 32 car field!!!!
The number 31 qualifier ran a 8.38.

Qualifying started at 11am Friday. We finally got to go at 6 pm!!! Lot of carnage and oil downs.
My throttle switch worked fine (same one i have run for 5 years) in the pits as i check 'all my sh*t' (activate and purge, etc) before i make it to the lanes. It shorted out and never hit under WFO, but was comming on as i lifted and on the return road. Nothing like 400hp hitiing while trying to stop or then off/on, off/on and then comming on idling down the return road!!!! Had to shut it down & pull over, pull the wires. Bought a new mount and switch.
Then in the pits the tranny started to lock up in reverse when I tried to load it in the trailer because of forecasted rain in the morning.
Same as when I was at Sunshine 2 weeks before and pulled the tranny to have it fixed then. The dude told me it was OK then.
Proceeded to pull it at 10 pm Friday and took it to him at 11pm as he was there set up repairing other trannies with carnage. A lot quicke to pull then put in on the grass. Picked it up at 6 and was hesitant to put it in as he said he couldn't really find anything and made a few minor changes. Was going to leave it go and just crate and send away without any time on it just to make sure. Then Said i was there to race. Put it in, missed 2nd qualifying at 11 am as they ran too late friday and we were first leftover that morning. Finally got it in and Fired it up. Proceeded to back up. Locked tighter then a NUN's c.......

I was and am still PISSED!!!!!!!!! Long weekend and no results!!!!!!

Question?
Has the reverse button Pro Tree deal. Ya gotta hit the tranny brake button when the shifter is in reverse. It will go about a foot if I'm lucky backwards than lock. You can put the car in neutral and push it all over the place forward or reverse. I actually floored it with it in reverse and the button in and it acted just like when you have it in low with the transbrake on. It just Came up on the converter. It has the best of everything in it. Need to get this fixed as a spare and just save my pennies this winter and buy a new unit from my supplier PTC.

It aint' going back to that dude!!!!! It's cost me at 3 races now.

Anyway. They were flying as usual at Orlando.

Also a black and green Malibu wagon that runs 8's put it on the bumper twice, lost it Saturday night and smacked the guardrail and slid down the track sidways in the other lane at half track.

A blue Turbo mustang lost it about 2/3rds way down. Went into the other lane. Did a 360 !!!! thought he saved it, then bounced off the barrier in the other lane and went thru in the other dudes lane at a 8.96. WOW>

Sunday tore a Mustang up first round in DR too.

Always an exciting weekend with the fastest Heads Up cars in the World. But the future is either Turbos or ATI ProChargers.
That's all I saw Flying all weekend.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Did you ever try to back up in neutral??

Old 10-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy

Quote:
Did you ever try to back up in neutral??
Yes, tried that too. Had a tranny dude from Chicago pitted next to me and he suggested it. When in neutral with button applied, it's still in neutral.
They wanted to pull the servo cover off, but with a shield i would have had to pull the whole tranny again. And he was suppose to have had the whole tranny apart that morning.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

you run a stock case?????

Old 10-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC DUDE
Well finally back, getting re-organized and unloaded today.
There were over 105 cars in the Stock Suspension Drag radial class.
91 actually made it down the track.
There were 7 cars in the 7's.
Top qualifier I think was a 7.60 something.
There was a Corvette out of NY that qualified #1 till last round.
They should have never let the Vette in as it had a solid rear axle set up!!!!.
FWIW. Based on what I read on another site, the vette was OK'd by Orlando prior to the race. It does fall under the rule "stock type suspension" as it is based on a F body torque arm deal. Just not "stock type" for THAT vehicle. Funny stuff, that rules interpretation.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

But they wouldn't let the new deal with half leaf spring coilover Camaro run but the Mustangs can run coilovers with moved torque boxes????? I give up.

Actually if ya look at the pics. It is so damn close to a 4 link set up.

Also had some issues that developed with the staging in that class and only seem to happen against cars from that shop?

Hummmmmmmmmmm.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
FWIW. Based on what I read on another site, the vette was OK'd by Orlando prior to the race. It does fall under the rule "stock type suspension" as it is based on a F body torque arm deal. Just not "stock type" for THAT vehicle. Funny stuff, that rules interpretation.
But all Vettes come with an IRS suspension and was stated on other sites. If they wanted to change the center to a stronger unit like the 12 bolt to a 9" or such that would be Ok. But it shoulda had half shafts.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

It is open to interpretation. If you think your car will work better with that "stock type suspension" then put it on your car. Just make sure you will be approved prior to spending the loot.

Safety is also an issue.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
you run a stock case?????
Yes with the Ultrabell and custom front pump. 8 pac clutch set up. Special clutch hub. Dual servo, thicker aluminum deep pan for better case support. Kevlar wider band. hardened band application pin. BTE's best T-400 spline input shaft. 6 pac reverse clutch. Aluminum support after the billet planetary set, etc.
The cut down case is the only thing in that trany that's factory anymore.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Here ya go.
Orlando Video from the yourwaynetwork.

http://www.yourwaynetwork.com/index1.htm

If ya want to jump to the next video just hit the next button.

Last edited by PONTIAC DUDE; 10-30-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:22 PM

Dude, sorry I didn't get down there to visit and maybe meet some of you other guys, too busy with both the BMW AND the Olds.
I was in the back of our truck at the 1/8 when the 74 GTO went over the rail.....I thought for sure parts were rainin' down on me!
That was a buddy of ours from Melbourne with the 'Bird that had one of his chutes come out WAY early and STILL got the win!

Old 10-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dude- it has to be something in the valvebody screwing up. Could the shifter linkage be bent or misadjusted? Somehow the fluid is going through the passages to apply the band for low gear. That's the only way I can think of that would lock it up in reverse. Did it work fine in the forward gears?

Old 10-31-2006, 01:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
But all Vettes come with an IRS suspension and was stated on other sites. If they wanted to change the center to a stronger unit like the 12 bolt to a 9" or such that would be Ok. But it shoulda had half shafts.
Dude, not being a smart ass but how is the rear end part of the suspension system now? Its like telling everyone they can't run a 9inch. I'll admit I'm not familar enough with vettes to know exactly how their suspension systems are set up.

But you do that and then you'll have people *****ing about the mustangs with cobra front and rear fascias not having IRS, lol.

Quote:
But they wouldn't let the new deal with half leaf spring coilover Camaro run but the Mustangs can run coilovers with moved torque boxes????? I give up.

Actually if ya look at the pics. It is so damn close to a 4 link set up.

Also had some issues that developed with the staging in that class and only seem to happen against cars from that shop?

Hummmmmmmmmmm.
That sucks so bad as I have been considering doing the half leaf/ coil over deal with a wishbone after talking to the guys who did the first conversion when they took Key's car from limited street with a 4 link to EZ street with "stock suspension"

Come on dude, this is exactly how a fox body came from the factory, lol.

Sucks about the tranny, I hate having problems with them, too much work involved. Talking to Heath and Marty @ neal chance, they've made good ground getting a m/t radial to work with a th 400, I believe they said the car was 60ing in the mid 1.20s.