Old 07-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Is it me???? i looked at all my round ports yesterday & there is NO GM of any kind on them.............

am i looking in the wrong place?????? DOES anyone have GM on there round ports???

Old 07-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Silverjudge, you can have it all, & all my extra parts, roundport heads, 69 JUDGE, 69 2600LB prostreet car, 69 all glass body, 63 lemans, NO COBRA.......
for $205,000.00 & includes the mustang free. Than i can pick up a superbird.....
HEMI of course.....

Old 07-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Senior Chief

I would like to do what SWEETJUDGE said earlier, grind the Edelbrock off of aluminum heads and intake, TIG my 48 casting over center two exhaust ports, then paint it all blue. Not to trick anyone, but to get the performance and keep my stock apperance. Since my original engine was lost in 1977, it will never be numbers matching but would like it to look the part and go like hell too!

Are the Edelbrock casting in general close to stock looking and is the intake stock height so I don't have trouble with my R/A air cleaner hitting the hood???
I would appreciate any input on this before I buy aluminum heads and am not happy with the look of them...

Thank's Dennis...

69' Judge R/A III 4-speed, Mayfair Maize/black interior.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Edelbrocks are closer to IVs than Ds, the straight shot center ports are a dead giveaway. In a street race atmosphere the CHEVY guys dont know the difference. But the chevy guys also have mountain motors.

Ive seen tons of BBCs with painted aluminum heads TO MAKE YOU THINK they are steel, until they pass you with thier front wheels in the air

Old 07-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's an article on doing just that RUFFJUDGE-
http://classicalpontiac.com/restoration/2.html

Old 07-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head
Personally like to see 87cc versions of the 197's & 7F6's. Would even buy a set of new 87cc 7F6's. Any price being advertised???
I'm with Roger on this one! As I've said before, I'd love to have a set of OEM appearing 7F6 heads, but with a modern chamber, better ports and a 72cc (or even smaller) chamber.

Aluminum would be the icing on the cake.

Keep us informed PLEASE, sweetjudge.

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 07-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFJUDGE
I would like to do what SWEETJUDGE said earlier, grind the Edelbrock off of aluminum heads and intake, TIG my 48 casting over center two exhaust ports, then paint it all blue. Not to trick anyone, but to get the performance and keep my stock apperance. Since my original engine was lost in 1977, it will never be numbers matching but would like it to look the part and go like hell too!

Are the Edelbrock casting in general close to stock looking and is the intake stock height so I don't have trouble with my R/A air cleaner hitting the hood???
I would appreciate any input on this before I buy aluminum heads and am not happy with the look of them...

Thank's Dennis...
Ruff Man, I saw something about this on classicalpontiac.com. A guy had a how to stealth your E-heads section on the website. He used JB weld to form "fake" casting letters/numbers on his heads, I think he put GM and 6X.
on 'em.

Also, a while back, somebody on PY posted some info and a pic of how theirs looked as well. Try a search or two.

501 HP, 554 ft lbs TQ
12.14 ET @ 114 MPH , Supercase Muncie M22, 3:55
Suspension: HO Racing, BMR< Sykorat, and Bilsteins
Narrowed 12 bolt , 16x8 VintageWheel Works,
Comp T/As on street, MT Drag Radials @ Strip

http://www.sdperformance.com/custome...1.php?carID=42
Old 07-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Judge
Ruff Man, I saw something about this on classicalpontiac.com. A guy had a how to stealth your E-heads section on the website. He used JB weld to form "fake" casting letters/numbers on his heads, I think he put GM and 6X.
on 'em.
You sure that's not the link I just posted?....except it was an intake rather than heads?

Old 07-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid
You sure that's not the link I just posted?....except it was an intake rather than heads?

Greg, you're right ....the CP site had a stealthed out intake manifold not the E-Heads. Doh !

I have definitely seen pics of stealthed out E-heads as well.
Here is the link...............

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ght=6x+stealth

501 HP, 554 ft lbs TQ
12.14 ET @ 114 MPH , Supercase Muncie M22, 3:55
Suspension: HO Racing, BMR< Sykorat, and Bilsteins
Narrowed 12 bolt , 16x8 VintageWheel Works,
Comp T/As on street, MT Drag Radials @ Strip

http://www.sdperformance.com/custome...1.php?carID=42
Old 07-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info guy's, it's much appreciated!

Dennis...

69' Judge R/A III 4-speed, Mayfair Maize/black interior.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

The originals will always be the originals and have their same place and value in the market. I think it's going to work great for everybody in general. The word from the start were that his main goal was to produce them as much less expensively than Edel B's as possible. Sounds like everything is on Go.

Stock Edel B's outperform stock IV's. They sold a lot of those heads and you can modify them more than IV also. But they have pretty much made and about finished their run through the market. 2 more designs are out now that are better (and more $$).

IV Simulations will fit the market pretty good for a lot of guys now. Repop Intake-Heads-Exhaust for around 3k. HEllO

87cc and 96cc chamber options would be sweet. Maybe a thick head decking version that could go from 100 down to 80'ish margin safely. 722 614 191 and 7F6 interchangable exterior casting cosmetics would be a hot ticket.

I don't see anything wrong with more factory-ish roundport Cars running around, kicking butt, and feeling good everywhere they go. The available original parts are wearing very thin as more and more original cars are being found and finally worth bringing back from the absolute dead. Now the hot rodders can sell their originals and buy 2 new sets of Simulations.

Aluminum V Ram5 heads are already over halfway into development. I think they are going to be made from cast blank blocks or billet blank blocks then cnc'd. Supposed to be less than Edel B's or very near about also. Intakes and cams to go with them. There is a big long thread about the aluminum V's in the race section.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

REALLY, i was unaware of the Vs being reproduced......SWEET!

Old 07-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool From experience...

every RA V is as correct as the next. None ever sat on a showroom floor. JMHO. Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:09 AM

Any new updates on these yet?

Old 07-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Agreed!

Any updates would be nice, especially concerning "alternate" casting #'s, date codes, chamber sizes and ports!

TIA.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There should a set at the GTO convention thats comming up. WE left off that these will be thoroughly TESTED before the public can get them...

I foresee a lot of time & adjusting in the process.

NEW is NOT always good..... We will have to see.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:05 PM

I talked to Jim Hackworth in Louisville. He does not have them yet, but expects them in anytime. Then to the machine shop and testing. No date codes, will have a choice of 614 or 722. They will have a little more meat for porting than the originals on the top of the runners if I heard right. They will look stock and should be in the ballpark of $1600 bare. He has a website with info, but I'll be damned if I can find it. If I do I'll post it, or if any of you know, please do so.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:07 PM

Just found it www.roundports.com. Site is under construction but has phone and email info.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry

Well, it's a damned shame if these are not going to be offered in more configurations. A couple of minor casting changes to accomodate the '71-up accessory brackets - along with alternate casting dates and codes - and they would work on the '71-'74 engines as well.

Sure would broaden their potential market!

Oh well, it's not my decision!

Kudos for what they ARE doing, but . . .

Old 07-26-2006, 12:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

FTR, Mike Noun did the stealth E-head article back in 99 I think. It was on CP for a long time. His heads looked very good, and the car ran even better.