Old 09-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Senior Chief

Default '67 A.I.R.

The original hoses on the '67 smog setup are molded to suit the bends, you could use straight cut-offs I guess if it wasn't going to actually pump (i.e. the vanes had been been removed from inside the pump itself) and you just wanted to hang the A.I.R. system on the motor for cosmetics..
Jim.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Senior Chief

Default '67 smog pump pictures

I've put some pics of a '67 AIR set-up (minus the air cleaner) on a web page if anyone wants to see what it looked like.(It's not installed on the car in these shots.)

http://www.pbase.com/jhfaust/1967smog

Jim.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:34 PM

did you want to sell that set up?

Old 09-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Senior Chief

No thanks, I'm going to hang on to it for when I decide to go back to factory correct. (it was in beautiful condition when I took it off and put it up in the garage..amazing what a few years of neglect can do..) Jim

Old 09-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidguy
The one thing I have never found are correct hoses for the unit. I wonder if there were part numbers for those or if they just cut heater hose short to fit? Ron do you know?
Hoses, good question. I have a partial answer. The two hoses between the diverter valve and the check valves can be made from advance auto parts.
# (B)70773...two required. These are a perfect fit once cut to length. The hose from the pump to the diverter valve is kind of U shaped. I made something work from #80412. This does not fit well. It has one 90degree bend in it, but will kink where you need the second bend. I got mine bent, without a kink, by forming (bending) a spring, and putting it in the hose where it was needed. It still isn't perfect, but not kinked. The final hose, from the pump to the air cleaner, I haven't looked for as my original is in suprisingly good condition, still soft. I have to thank a fellow PY Forums member 6t7gto, for doing the leg work on these. He spent his time in an Advance Auto going through hoses to match up.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for posting the blue book 3Duce 64, never seen one before.

Old 09-02-2005, 01:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Ron. Good info and a good idea with the spring.
Yeah that book was really neat. Never seen one either.

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 09-03-2005, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhfaust
No thanks, I'm going to hang on to it for when I decide to go back to factory correct. (it was in beautiful condition when I took it off and put it up in the garage..amazing what a few years of neglect can do..) Jim
I understand, Could you jot down all of the part #'s you have on the parts there so it can help me locate one.
I would greatly apprecitate it, and I'm in no hurry.
Thanks,
Jason

Old 09-03-2005, 09:10 PM
Senior Chief

Default AIR 67.

Sure, I'll go out and write down all the #s I can find on the set-up. Jim.

Old 09-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Senior Chief

Some of the numbers: The pump itself is 01871U, pump pulley is 9785478-XS, By-pass Valve is 9788557, aluminum bracket pump-to-head is 9786814. There are two gold cad pipes that carry the fresh air from the pump into the heads via the above alum' bracket and the one under the power steering pump and these pipes are slightly different from each other (one's an inch or so longer) the number for one of them is 5354987 but I didn't get the other #...maybe someone else can supply it. There are also sundry hoses which the numbers are illegible on my unit but I think they were discussed earlier in this thread and some other brackets which I'll try and read tomorrow...all the talk of the AIR system on the board actually inspired me to get mine out of storage in the garage and reinstall it! I'm all done except for the belt so when it's completed tomorrow I'll post a few photos of it so you can see the layout. Jim.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

BTW, all the AIR systems I have seen use the hose clamp that attaches to the inner fender that is used by the A/C cars. That part was reproduced by Karl Emerick and myself some years back. It is the correct gold cad plating and has the correct attaching screw.

Old 09-06-2005, 04:02 PM
Senior Chief

Default '67 smog pump installed photos

I've uploaded some pics taken today after I'd installed the pump, link below. I use the A/C style inner-fender clamp for the heater hose with the A.I.R system in place but I didn't know it was originally gold cad', I've only seen black...do you still have any gold ones left?
Jim.

http://www.pbase.com/jhfaust/1967smogpump

Old 09-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Senior Chief

Andre has the brackets in stock. Send him a PM and he'll ship you one.

Old 09-10-2005, 11:55 PM

Thank you for the pics and the numbers. Mine is a Fremont HO car so the Air cleaner inlets would be different?? There were only about 200 HO Cali cars, so this might be hard to find.
Thanks,

Old 06-20-2006, 01:01 AM

Hi, I'm looking for pictures of a 67 GTO AIR smog system. I was looking thru some old forum posts and came accross yours. If you still have pictures can you e-mail them to me?
Thanks,
Ron

Old 06-20-2006, 02:07 AM
Senior Chief

Default '67 GTO smog pump pics

These ones?

http://www.pbase.com/jhfaust/1967smogpump

Old 06-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jim, nice pics. Do you get a lot more interest in your engine now with the A.I.R. on?

Ron, if you have any more questions, this is the thread to ask, seems to be a good group of A.I.R. owners here.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Senior Chief

Default AIR '67

It seems like I do, the pump and its bits and pieces fill up the "empty" space on that side of the engine and they make for a nice looking balance with the PS pump. I like it. Though about 15 years ago I couldn't wait to take it all off! Luckily I didn't toss it out. (I removed the busted vanes from the pump so even though it turns it doesn't actually do anything.)

Jim.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:40 AM

Default 66 A.I.R. parts

I know all of you have been on 67 smog stuff, but does anyone have any 66 4 bbl. or tri-power smog parts for sale ?

Old 06-21-2006, 08:44 PM

Default 67 gto AIR smog pump

Thanks for the pictures. It ends up I have both a 66 AIR & a 67 AIR. I too took out the vains in the pump so it won't really function. I'm planning on attending the POCI nationals in Onterio, Ca this month. I am missing the hose from the pump to the air cleaner and the small hose that appears to go around the left side of carb and connects in the back of carb. I've been told the small hose connects to a metal tubbing half way around the carb and than goes back to hose again connecting to the back of carb. Can anyone clear this up for me? Also I may sell the 66 smog set up but its also not quite complete. 66 & 67 are really different.
Ron