WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 09-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe it was the pricing of the GTO that kept people away and not neccesarily the styling of the car. Seems alot of people here and on other boards have bit and bought a 2004 GTO.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com
[www.reverbnation.com/nikivee

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
1972 Pontiac Lemans Sport Convertible
2015 Dodge Challenger ScatPack 392, 6 speed
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 09-28-2004, 10:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

For me, the more realistic price point overcomes my aesthetic values. There is a lot wrong with the car for it to go out the door for more than 30k. There are also a lot of good things, so when you start seeing them for 25k and under, more will sell, despite the uninspired looks. I'm probably a fairly representative potential buyer; I'll consider one, but it will go out the door for under 25k with 0% for at least 60 mo... and I think the car is ugly. Not Asstick ugly mind you, but a real yawn at best.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have seen MANY MANY Less on my GMbuypower.com

ONce the rebates hit, dealers were getting pressure to move them.

I have a offer for GMS-$3500rebate-$1200GMCard. But since I owe more on my Cav than what it is worth, I am not going upside down. I should have it paid off by next year at this time and there will be rebates on '05 GTO's which are going to be better than the 04's
Old 09-29-2004, 05:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 455HOGT37:
For me, the more realistic price point overcomes my aesthetic values. There is a lot wrong with the car for it to go out the door for more than 30k. There are also a lot of good things, so when you start seeing them for 25k and under, more will sell, despite the uninspired looks. I'm probably a fairly representative potential buyer; I'll consider one, but it will go out the door for under 25k with 0% for at least 60 mo... and I think the car is ugly. Not Asstick ugly mind you, but a real yawn at best. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just sort of ugly aye? I think you should stick with a Rustang. Ugly cars, even sort of ugly cars, don't get looks like this car does.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have to agree with Humbler. I'm always getting looks in the 04 GTO. A few times on my way to work I've even got the thumbs up from people who appreciate the car and what it is. I have yet to get a negative comment from anyone who has seen the car. To say the car is ugly doesn't compute with me.

I still like it's smooth lines and without the spoiler It looks even better.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 09-29-2004, 07:15 PM
Suspended

Nice Volvo C70.

My problem with Scumaros, Fireturds and Borevettes (besides the fact that they're plasticar pieces of crap) is the fact that I can't fit into them. At 6'1" and 245, I'm just too tall to fit into them comfortably. The interiors on those cars are such garbage, that they remind me of the '84 Chevy Cavalier that my wife used to own.

I sat inside a GTO in May in Virginia, and as fugly as the car is, the interior layout is phenomenal. Lots of legroom and side-to-side room. Very nicely-done and very comfortable. The quality of the leather and the fit and finish of the interior components made the interiors of the above 3 cars look like a Kia.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I would deffinately chop the wing if I hadn't leased it. Did you fill and repaint or did you just plug the holes?

...or is that a photochop?

Looks awesome.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:34 AM

wow, your car looks nice nick !! even moreso without the spoiler...

its just hanging for a set of beefy 18" rims now...
Old 09-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

filled the holes and painted the trunk lid. Did it myself.

www.musclecarsgalore.com
www.nikivee.com

1967 Pontiac GTO
1967 Pontiac Grand Prix
2017 Ford Explorer AWD
Old 09-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

OK, the term "ugly" is a bit harsh, but un-inspired is right on. Having said that, the removal of the spoiler is a HUGE step in the right direction. Also, as I type this, I'm about to leave to see if the local dealer wants to reduce his bloated inventory. If he wants to play, I will have one of my own in a few hours (and then I can bash it all I want).

Welcome back Scott
Old 09-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i think he said fugly but anyways it definately makes the car look more streamline with out the spoiler. pontiac should have made a small duck tail spoiler that would have been a bit more classy that the current spoiler, it almost makes the car look stubby, although i would keep it on if it came with it
Old 09-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

btw r u trying to keep up with the bmr boys with the spoiler delete
Old 09-30-2004, 08:14 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

p.s. there isnt a car around that comes close to this car for under 30k. i KNOW i will be kicking myself in the ass for not taking advantage of this sick deal, but its just not possible for me now, even though i testdrove the one i'd buy and drool on it. and i was very disappointed when the car first came out, but theres nothing a slp hood and true duals can't fix. except maybe a civic
Old 09-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No deal this time. Best the guy could do was right at 30k for the M6, and that was 5k over my offer. I was willing to go his way perhaps a grand after I saw the color combo (silver, with red/black int), but I could easily walk away for 30k. However, since I bought my Yukon from the same guy, he just threw me the keys and told me to watch out for cops. I had a pretty extensive test drive and with no adult supervision, I got a much better sense for the car than I did the first time several months ago with the automatic. I'm not going to say this is the finest car on the planet by any means, but I am now pretty damn impressed. Compared to the auto, the M6 is a beast. There are still some things that bug me about it, but now I'm looking at it from the perspective of a blue collar hot rod, rather than the BMW competition. I can tell you that I will almost certainly buy one if (when) the price goes under 25k. I am going out of the country for a few months so when I return I'll be looking for the silver with red/black M6 (hope it is not a popular color combo).

BTW, the car I drove had some noticable drivetrain "snatch" and noise when on/off throttle in the lower gears... Is this normal?
Old 10-01-2004, 05:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Goathead

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maybe it was the pricing of the GTO that kept people away and not neccesarily the styling of the car. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it looks like a cheap car, then you are correct...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJrDl3nRNCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvywdocl4GA

http://ultimategto.com/icongraf/65headtitle.jpg
Old 10-01-2004, 06:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

the silver red/black combo is my favorite...the one my dealer had was silver/black
Old 10-01-2004, 06:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Had to go red/red because of my 70 but the Silver /red was a close second.

You the man Nick, looks great.

There is a duck tail available but you still have to fill the holes. Someone is coming out with a ducktail that fits the existing holes or at least covers them up so you don't have to fill.

Starting to feel a little lonely GH? You should...
Old 10-01-2004, 06:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by disc0monkey:
p.s. there isnt a car around that comes close to this car for under 30k. i KNOW i will be kicking myself in the ass for not taking advantage of this sick deal, but its just not possible for me now, even though i testdrove the one i'd buy and drool on it. and i was very disappointed when the car first came out, but theres nothing a slp hood and true duals can't fix. except maybe a civic <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sick and rumor has it the incentives will go UP!

Just checked and incwentives are currently being updated...drum roll please...
Old 10-01-2004, 06:53 AM
Suspended

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 455HOGT37:
the car I drove had some noticable drivetrain "snatch"... Is this normal? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you please describe this snatch in greater detail?

Old 10-01-2004, 07:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sick and rumor has it the incentives will go UP!

Just checked and incwentives are currently being updated...drum roll please... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That MIGHT push me over the edge. I could have had $5700 off GMS but I would have lost $4000 of that because of being upside down on my current car/trade in. $3500 rebate and $1200 in GM Card savings. I doubt the GM Card will have an additional $1000 off this month.