Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Senior Chief

Stu,

Where did you purchase the Ford style sockets and are they for any particular model or year? Thank you.

Vince

Old 04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

[QUOTE=Stu Norman;4894597]My tail lights on my 1963 GP gave me fits, until I swapped the sockets for the "Ford" style socket. The Fords used fingers to put pressure on the mounting hole, instead of the tabs used for the GM style. That creates a better ground for the lamps.

QUOTE]

Just to throw my comments in on this, I have mentioned this before somewhere that I had terrible issues with the tail light sockets on my '65 Parisienne. I solved it by using early Ford Falcon tail light sockets. They are made of BRASS and really superb quality. Used to be easy to find in the junk yards but there are almost no early Falcons in the yards now. I should have grabbed a bunch of them 20 years ago!!

The GM type are very cheap and nasty by comparrision.

Ian