Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Senior Chief

Sears is long gone from my list. A couple years ago they started charging me a "finance" fee on a card balance I had already paid off the previous month. I called the "customer service" line and the idiot told me don't worry about it we will delete it from your account. The next month I get another bill with the finance fee and interest and a late charge! Those bastards are scammers, plain and simple. They lost a long time customer. I think they suck and I'd rather roll up my money and smoke it before I would spend another dime at that store!

Kron...

Old 04-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Senior Chief

I bought an air compressor from them that was a return,the manager told me that it was used and brought back because it wouldnt start.They tried it and it worked so they resold it(telling me they thought it was used for one project then returned).When I bought it they told me it had the same warrenty as a new one.I got it home used it once and the pressure valve was bad -wouldnt restart when air was used-took it back they tried to tell me that they had to fix it because it was used and they didnt know how long it would take.After arguing about the warrenty they finely gave me a new one.
I have taken ratchets back and they gave me a rebuild kit instead of replacing the whole thing.Poor replacement policy to me.
I have a Snap-On ratchet that was my grandfathers during WW2 that the guts were rusted,the local dealer had to call Snap-On to find the parts to rebuild it and had it done with no questions asked.
More reasons not to buy at sears.
Craig

Old 04-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My father has been having all kinds of trouble with his one year old Craftsman snowblower, and then with the company honoring the provisions in the warranty.

I am glad to note that the lawn tractor I bought several years ago still seems to work ok. But, I, too, have decided to switch to a different tool supplier because of decreasing Sears quality. I have been impressed by the look and feel of Kobalt tools and toolboxes.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i'm still butthurt from the 40k + that i've spent with Mac and Snap On :D

Old 04-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Senior Chief

To quote financial guru Dave Ramsey "Sears is a credit card company with a bunch of stuff sitting out front".
He has given some financials several times of the money that Sears makes off of credit cards versus their storefront merchandise and the difference was unbelievable. :rolleyes: They don't care about the walk-in customer anymore as long as the credit card bill is paid every month.

www.dixiemusclecars.com
The Southeast's only online Community dedicated to the American Muscle Car!

2006 PBM GTO LS2
1995 Arctic White Trans Am LT1
1981 Trans Am Daytona Pace Car
1969 Gold Poly Firebird w/400
Old 04-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to "Puddles the Pontiac"

customer service, in general, has gone by way of the dodo. if not totally, very nearly. here's to hoping that it may one day return.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

As far as Im concerned Sears can stuff it................I will NEVER buy any more of their junk tools. My last Crapsman ratchet bit the dust over the weekend, its less than a year old (its one that I got when I traded in the one that broke before it). Never was abused or used for anything that it shouldnt be able to handle.........just another junk tool. I have a made in Taiwan ratchet that I have been using for 4 years (Bench Top brand) that is still as good as new.
Its hard to find a reasonably priced GOOD tool.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I just returned a electric grinder, no reciept, barely boxed for a store credit. They had to give me the lowest price for the item which was what I paid $89.99. They last big purchase was a 42" hgtv, which went on sale three weeks later. I had to get store MGR but was given credit back to sale price $132.00. I had purchased a small compressor started without putting oil in it! I returned it and got a new one no ???. So I can say I have been treated more than fairly. Dave K.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Two things coem immediately to mind:
1) When that worthless manager gave you no satisfaction, I would have gotten her FULL name, and employee number. Then, I would have requested the corporate headquarters address, and company president's name. Then I would have informed her that I would be writing a very detailed letter to her upper management, explaining how this trivial amount has now effectively alienated a long-time customer, and lost them untold thousands of dollars in business. And, in closing, I would have told her to have a real nice day, since I was going to do everything in my power to make sure that she was about to experience a career path re-orientation.
2) Or, if you didn't want to do all that, simply reply, when she told you to have a nice day, "Go f*** yourself, bi***". All of her underlings watching would be laughing so hard, they wouldn't be able to control themselves, and she effectively would never again enjoy any amount of respect from them, whatsoever. In short, her effectiveness as a manager would be pretty much destroyed. It would still have cost you the $3, but you would have felt much better...

Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve v
Doesn't Kmart sell craftsman tools now? Just buy them from there, no restocking fee involved.

From a business perspective Sears is probably trying to get all they can even on a lost sale/return.

How would they have handled it if you claimed the part was defective & didn't want another replacement tank?
Correct. Sears and K-mart are the same company now. My buddy just quit Sears after 15 yrs. I think the rules for re-stock prolly came in after the k-mart merge.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via Yahoo to "Puddles the Pontiac"

i think someone has had a problem with every brand of tool at some point. as i reffered to earlier, this is a customer service deal. and that takes place at the lowest level of the ladder. i personally havnt had any issue taking tools back to sears. but the people at my local store are very friendly. just depends what kind of people are working there i guess. they even plugged a hole i had in a tire, in the service center, for me free of charge.