Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 03-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

YOU CAN ALSO CALL THE POST OFFICE WITH THE M/O NUMBER AND THEY CAN THEN VERIFY THE DATE ISSUED, THE ORIGIN, AND THE ISSUED AMMOUNT

Old 03-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have sold thousands of items on Ebay. Most of what I sell goes for less than $100. I accept anything the buyer wants to send me - cash, checks, money orders, paypal. I have never been burned yet. I have never held a check, except maybe in my drawer until I can get to a bank. I usually mail my items the same day or next after recieving payment. 99% of people on Ebay are honest. Granted, if you are selling high end items, you need to be more careful.
Gary

Old 03-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT72
Postal Money Orders are being counterfeited and not everyone goes to the PO to cash them. I have always deposited mine in my own bank account.
As has already been said a couple times, the advantage of the Postal money order is being able to go to the Post Office and CASH it. They can counterfeit all they want, but if the post office won't cash it, the crooks won't get to steal my stuff. It may not be the most convenient thing to have to do, but you gotta protect yourself in these times.

If you choose to bypass that advantage, then you've made a choice to take your chances.

Personally I don't mind going to the Post Office to collect money, while buying some stamps or mailing some letters, and maybe buying a real Postal money order to pay for an eBay purchase :).

Old 03-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My PO here in San Diego gives you a hard time about cashing a MO if your not buying something for next to it's amount at the same time. I did recently get one for a Grand and it was .95

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
― Calvin Coolidge