Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 04-14-2023, 11:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
Its a street car!The best one will be the one he likes looking at the best!KISS!Tom
Can't see the air cleaner(s) when the hood is shut. Y'know, like when the engine is actually propelling the vehicle, when it matters.

"Best" is the system that provides the best balance of flow and filter efficiency/effectiveness, while also considering air-inlet temperature. (Warm in cold weather, cool/ambient in hot weather.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivera View Post
Aside from looks and inability to filter out particulate, are spark suppressors a contender when it comes to flow?
I don't even consider them on a boat. Jucking Funk. The ones I've seen have terrible lower-housings, sharp corner from the screen area to the carb air horn. And the upper housing tends to be too close to the air horn (the screen is not tall enough.)

They are intended to be dirt-cheap to make, and to meet Coast Guard regs for engine-compartment fire safety. Actual engine performance is not among the design goals.

Old 04-14-2023, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

JMHO,unless you live in a area with lots of dust and sand I can care less about what ACs I run.Tom