Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 06-05-2017, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I could only imagine if both of you end up in the same retirement/assisted living facility with adjacent rooms...

Old 06-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
I could only imagine if both of you end up in the same retirement/assisted living facility with adjacent rooms...

GTO George

Old 06-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Fits in the "other forms of racing" category.

Last edited by ho428; 06-05-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Senior Chief

I race a 4 cyl Pontiac powered Jeep in sand and dirt drags. This is my 44th year. Thanks Rusty

Blown 4cyl's to the front
Old 06-05-2017, 05:26 PM

I've run at Bonneville for quite a few years. Currently hold the G/BFR record at 210.881. 200mph club member. Also have run various land racing events.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Haas8_jpg.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	456322   Click image for larger version

Name:	JMC_1381_The-Haas-Boys.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	456323   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	456324  

Old 06-05-2017, 05:41 PM
Boost Engineer

Well then Todd553, you know Land Speed Louise very well.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:46 PM
Boost Engineer

George could not last a week in the same rest home as me, he would have a nervous break-down and get transferred to the Looney Bin ward.

Tom V.

ps He talks a good game on the internet, but when you are looking him in the eyes, he is pure "MILKTOAST Mike".

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
George could not last a week in the same rest home as me, he would have a nervous break-down and get transferred to the Looney Bin ward.

Tom V.

ps He talks a good game on the internet, but when you are looking him in the eyes, he is pure "MILKTOAST Mike".
What the heck are you talking about! I talk a GOOD game are you serious? You DO NOT know me or you ever will. If you were walking down the street i won't recognize you........I like it that way!!

GTO George

THIS! ^^^

I'm done, Im moving on you want to talk PM me, this is Justins THREAD.

GTO George

Last edited by GTOGEORGE; 06-05-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Boost Engineer

Funny I talked to you in front of your race car and Motor Home for 15 minutes about your mouth one time. You must have a very SHORT memory George.

Tom V.

Old 06-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess no one has ever looked at my pictures in my signature, both of the number 35 cars pictured were my own cars, built, owned, and driven by myself. This is a brief synopsis of the dirt racing I've done.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=507440

I raced dirt from 1971 till 1982. Two 61 bubble top Catalinas,389s, a 67 Lemans/GTO,400, 1969 SJ GP, 428, 1972 Firebird,455. I built engines for, and sponsored numerous other Pontiac dirt track cars, through the early 90s. I've helped most anyone that was running a Pontiac dirt car at my local oval in Erie PA, always a soft spot for anyone that has the gumption to run a Pontiac on dirt.

J.C.you, a member here, ran a Pontiac powered dirt modified at a dirt track down in LA. He has a picture of the car on his avatar, purple and white car #421.

Ernie Millon (Eastern PA), has a dirt track late model that he has shown the car at Norwalk a few years ago, I got to know him the year he brought the car to Norwalk and talk to him once or twice a year.
Picture below of Ernie Millon's dirt late model.

Ernie has an aluminum block, Butler built 500+ cube engine in his Late model.

Sims, the guy that builds and sells the rollerized cam thrust plate on here used to run a dirt track car too. I asked him about it one time and he posted a few pictures of his car on the thrust plate thread.

I also competed in autocross with 3 different T/As, 73 T/A, 455, 76 T/A, 455, and a 77 SE, 400. I won the C prepared class in my region for the season in my 73 T/A.

The only drag cars that get my attention are the really fast ones like the Boss Bird.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 06-05-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I proclaim to not be a Racer.
Sold my Racecar & the fella "won Maple Grove" on Pontiac day with it ( a 68 Fir bird).
Built a few TH400s across 30 years & a fella "won Norwalk" with one of my TH400s.

Been working on the 68 GTO for 1/4 mile for sooooo long, that it & I will never be a "racer"
Relegated to highway commute to/from work.

I'm a competitive bowler, and the weekly brackets have been very good to me. The State Tourney has been VERY good to me. The bi-monthly tourneys are in me sights.

Perhaps, when i "retire" early, there will be a "racer" announce. But not now, not me.

Sold 2003: 12.00/112MPH/1.61 60'/26"x3.31:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Q-Jet-Torker/3650Lbs//18MPG 94oct
Sold 1994: 11.00/123MPH/1.50 60'/29.5"x4.10:1/10"/469 #48/245-255-110LSA/Dual600s-Wenzler/3250Lbs//94oct
Old 06-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Boost Engineer

Sorry for the omission of your type of racing, never entered my mind about Dirt Track Racers with Pontiac Engines. Assumes all Dirt Guys were Chebby and only Chebby due to displacement rules.

Tom V.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty4cyl View Post
I race a 4 cyl Pontiac powered Jeep in sand and dirt drags. This is my 44th year. Thanks Rusty

Rusty, that's cool, that's great. And i've heard of your Pontiac-over-powered jeep since my TEENs. Was nice to meet ya at Maple Grove a few years ago. Saw you compete a "100 yard dash" somewhere against a BBC, and maybe a HEMI powered contraption. Neat sport:Like!

Old 06-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
I proclaim to not be a Racer.
Sold my Racecar & the fella "won Maple Grove" on Pontiac day with it ( a 68 Fir bird).
Built a few TH400s across 30 years & a fella "won Norwalk" with one of my TH400s.

Been working on the 68 GTO for 1/4 mile for sooooo long, that it & I will never be a "racer"
Relegated to highway commute to/from work.

I'm a competitive bowler, and the weekly brackets have been very good to me. The State Tourney has been VERY good to me. The bi-monthly tourneys are in me sights.

Perhaps, when i "retire" early, there will be a "racer" announce. But not now, not me.
If you don't have an active race car, when you get old, you will not leave the power on to the race car for a few months and Post "I AM STUPID".
I consider you to be a Very Smart Guy, with a warped sense of humor.
The fact that you got along well with Mike L says a lot. Some are Smart and Some are STUPID. Some have lots of money and some have a lot less money but are driven to race, any kind of racing, not just Drag Racing.

Tom V.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Sorry for the omission of your type of racing, never entered my mind about Dirt Track Racers with Pontiac Engines. Assumes all Dirt Guys were Chebby and only Chebby due to displacement rules.

Tom V.
Oval tracks are what put Pontiac in the performance arena beginning in 57. Sure there were drag cars too but when Knudsen took over the helm he spent a lot of money and engineering on oval track progrms, early on the drag racers got the trickle down effect from the oval track programs. Endurance runs, and LSR attempts were fairly big in the early days too. Even economy runs were on the radar for more magazine ink.

When M/T was hired on in the early 60s then more drag racing stuff was coming out of Pontiac. Yunick and others were handling the oval track R and D til GM pulled the plug in 63.

1984 Grand Prix

Old 06-05-2017, 07:43 PM
Boost Engineer

I made a post one time about a couple of local guys running a oval track car on eastern Michigan tracks in the early 60s. Write-up in a magazine about a 521 cid pontiac engine (with a stroker crank). Was a consistent winner on the tracks. So you are correct on that deal for sure.

Tom V.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In 1967 I visited relatives Phoenix AZ and we took in the races at Manzanita Speedway (1/2 mile dirt track, now defunct). They were running late models (in 67 a late model was a production car made into a race car, mostly all manufacturers parts) as the featured class and they were 3 heat races and a feature that evening. Even after the bottom fell out for the Pontiac racers in 63 the guys in AZ were still running them in 67 and doing well with them. Pontiacs won 2 of the 3 heats and they also won the feature that night. I was extremely happy to see the Pontiacs thrash the chevys...............

BTW, my experience is when you beat a chevy racer with a Pontiac on a dirt track, you are immediately accused of cheating..............Got teched by the pit steward many nights after the chevy guys whined, and was never found illegal..........

1984 Grand Prix

Old 06-05-2017, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If you don't have an active race car, when you get old, you will not leave the power on to the race car for a few months and Post "I AM STUPID".....
Tom V.
Yea huh. Lolly lolly lolly get your adverbs here...i can't figure the typo.

So i sold the racecar upon getting engaged, and updated priority cascade: God, spouse, family, job, hobbies. for good balance. Competitive edge only expressed in job & bowling. Geez that's flat. Gotta compete in the hobbies for goodness sake.

Uhm, the very possible plan is to move a (un-discussed) hobby to the job position, and so the hobbies bowling and micro-farming (chickens, eggs, beer wine making, hops, grapevines, geezmaybe bees again) can be hobbies. Soooo, what un-mentioned competitive hobby would possibly move into job status?...

If i make the move, some folks in the PY forum will be getting a call to help out. HIS

Old 06-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Prior Post #38 got some KEYBOARD Racing in the latter half. Hehehe

Old 06-05-2017, 10:19 PM
Boost Engineer

Did you just wake up HIS?

You seem to be trying to catch up on your posts in a lot of threads in a short period of time, videos and everything. S. Misus would be proud.

Tom V.