Old 08-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just the Project Car. He has no way of getting two cars there. Are you bringing both of your 74 T/A's so you can sell that red one?

I thought not! Probably for the same reason. I rest my case!

2012 SRT8 Charger - 12.70 @ 111mph
Old 08-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Correct Sir...

My buddy though is bringing a 1 owner 77' TA low mileage to sell.I thought Professor Winkles would come up with 2nd trailer for this storied event.

Mark,

Did you get your trailer ready? I am looking foward to seeing your 78'. When are you planning to leave Ga?

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 08-12-2006, 08:12 AM
Senior Chief

I am going to try to get my car ready to go, not entering it for judging or anything if I do, but I enjoy taking it to the Tipp City and what not.

My job has kept me pretty busy this year, so not alot of time to get ready, but I will throw it all together at the last minute.

I am leaving around Noon or so Thursday and swinging by Jonesboro to pick up my buddy. Not sure I will make it into Dayton Thursday night, but should be there Friday early.

So I take it, Jay you are making it to Dayton after all?

Sounds Great!

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 08-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark,

I am prob 70%.. We went ahead and made reservations at the Drury Hotel we stayed at last year.It is a new very nice Hotel that is right in the Middle of tons of places to eat....Hooters,Longhorns,Outback etc.

They still have rooms left at the $69.00 and $79.00 price. More than worth it. The drive to the show is about 10-15 minutes.

I would like to do the Tipp city thing this year..Lets try to get together on it?

Nothing is impossible if you break it down into possibilities. It's all a matter of "Want to".
Old 08-12-2006, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You Georgia boys hang together. Stop by and see us Michigan boys if you get bored with each other. You know where we'll be. Pi$$ing off the "stockers" as usual.

Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Senior Chief

Jay

We are staying at the Fairfield which is right across from the Hooters I believe. Stayed down the street at The Comfort Inn last time in 2004.

Definetely planning on doing The Tipp City!

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 08-12-2006, 11:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,

You and Dick would be proud of me... After you guys picked my car apart in Norwalk I made a mental grocery list of stuff to correct...I have it about 1/2 done so far.

Ask Dick about the battery decal he uses. I need the place he got it from and PN again...also was the Vacuum switch foam you guys used black or gray??

I really appreciate the help,

Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jay:

I wouldn't say we picked it apart. You asked for some advice and we offered some.

The foam that I used is a dark gray.

The decal that Dick uses comes from NPD (National Parts Depot)I believe.
There is one close to us. I could get you the decal and bring it to Dayton if you like. Let me know.

Did you get the exhaust tips yet?

Old 08-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,

Please do,

That would be great.That is about the only catalog I dont have. Did you get a chance to ship the tube and brackets? Here is where the brackets are going.........My buddys 75'...maybe in Dayton next year. He is detailing the engine bay this winter.

I should get the tips early this week........

I noticed that the Evernham Dodges have SRT on thier 1/4's this weekend..............
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	steves.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	61878  

Last edited by 1qikta; 08-13-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I bought your decal today. It was $5.00. I will ship it with the tube and plate brackets tomorrow. I took me a while to find the brackets. They are not show worthy and will need to be painted or replated.

I love that 75! I wish our cars didn't have to have those dad gum trim rings. They look sooooo much better without them. I am actually prepping a second set of wheels so I can have a show set for trim rings and an everyday set without.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,

I painted those wheels for him and talked him into leaving the trim rings off.I think the rings take away from how wide the wheel is and the detail of it.
He(Steve) is the one bringing the TA for sale to Dayton...I was wrong it is a 79' fairly low option TA that is a one owner black on black with AC and a hood bird..not much more.

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jay:

Did you paint the wheels with rattles cans or with a gun? If rattle cans, what brand and colors did you use.

I am looking at OEM RallyII paint as their products are really good even though they are expensive. I am thinking about having the whole wheel powder coated in the light gray of the backside for durability and then spraying the face with the silver and gray combo.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,

Thanks for the PM....The check is in the mail............

As for the Rally II's it went like this...

The wheels were original paint but the trim rings had dug deep scratches into the wheels so we bead blasted them, one at the time in a workbench blast box.

Cleaned them up with denatured alcohol (Home Depot) and let air dry.

All paint colors were rattle cans from different sources.Home Depot is where I have always picked up primer..works great ..Rustoleum 15oz/7582 Gray primer. It is under every piece in my engine bay

Primer was 2 coats applied first..front and back.Secondly, the back finish coat is Rustoleum 15 oz/7587 Dark machine gray applied in 2 coats as well.It looks very close to orig when totally cured after wheels get some driving heat(lightens).

As for the main Silver color applied third to the face(no masking). It is from Advance or Auto Zone in their paint section 5 oz/ Duplicolor Silver Metallic DSGM 340. It also cures very close to orig.

Now for the hard part...The Masking....The masking kits at Repop houses suck..do not waste the $20.00 like I have done in the past. They simply are generic and do not cover all you need to cover.... all wheels are slightly different to where its a waste all together......I have found that in the 4-5 sets done in the past to mask the entire wheel flush with the blue 2" scotch painters tape (Home Depot)...then trim out the inserts with a razor blade.You get much more intended detail that way.Then spray your inserts(2 coats) the dark gray color purchased along with your Silver at Auto Zone or Advance 5oz/ Dark Gray E8800564.

Let all 5 wheels dry over night before pulling any tape...or you will rip the paint up at the edges.

It is also a good idea to tape shut the holes from the back side while painting on the face to prevent over spraying the backs.

Sorry if I over explained your question....Hope it helps others too........

Old 08-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Holy detail Picasso!

Thanks...........I think!

Old 08-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Two word explanations for you in the future...... Mr.Dangerfied

Old 08-17-2006, 02:50 PM
Senior Chief

Question

Hey Jay: Is that your car I see in the new Smoke Signals magazine from POCI?

It was taken at the Pontiacs in the park show, looks like your car parked next to a 70-72 White T/A and there is a couple guys on a golf cart.

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am
Old 08-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe,

I was there with my son on our Golf cart.

I dont get Smoke Signals though.. Can you post it?

Jay

Old 08-17-2006, 03:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jay:

Has the eagle landed yet? Let me know!!!!

See you in Dayton?

Old 08-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob,

I got the package last night...It wasnt ticking so I opened it with my wifes dishwashing gloves and a respirator....

No Bomb... but we opened it out in the yard just in case........

Jay

Old 08-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Senior Chief

Jay, I will try to scan it when I get a second.

1974 455 Trans Am
1978 400 Trans Am